Shenmue IV Will Happen - Here's Why!

I admit that I overreact a bit about the Koch stuff, but I remember Sega almost literally forcing themselves to not respond to Shenmue Tweets or even acknowledge the series’ existence for nearly a decade. I know it’s some intern or person who’s exclusively in the social media domain, but they also have to be given permission to discuss certain subjects. Anyway, neither here nor there, but I don’t think we’re being too naive for reading into it just a little… Engaging Shenmue fans isn’t a time consuming thing, but it does take attention away from their other dozens of IPs and I do wonder why they’d bother if it meant little to the company.

I am still pretty curious about the staffing situation but I think that whole area is pretty opaque from the outside. You can’t even really gain much from going through the credits as I learned a couple years ago. I also wonder if that office we came across is truly theirs or just their webhost. I suppose all will be answered in time. It’s good to think they do have an office and that it’s not a broom closet.
The amazing part is, if it did come out say in 2010, way less BS about everything in it would be anywhere. It's problems are that it was out now, but made exactly as if it'd be 2010 or even earlier. Why was it that if they didn't like it, they didn't just release the I.P. then? Let the person who was just a consultant do with it as he liked? I sort of cooled down a bit after replaying S3 recently. It'd not be bad at all, better than Sleeping Dogs, better than many others if it came out in it's proper time. Of course that lack of funding, and a small team didn't help, but still.

Would be nice. II in my view was 10/10 and III was like a decent 6 or 7/10, and I would rather the series be left remembered on an high note.

I expect nothing Shenmue related but am looking forward to the teased Ninja Turtles Shredder's Revenge info that's going to be shown. I'm surprised that Playstation is listed on there given that they haven't been part of a show in how long?

Oh man... even Ninja Turtles was depressing given the delay into 2022. Maybe I'm dead inside but I just don't have much excitement for anything shown over the last year and a half to two years.

Basically, Covid-19 has all but ensured another supply-constrained and light next-gen gaming year.

Only Halo seems to be on the radar and considering it's 4 months out and they showed nothing of the campaign today(only CGI stuff), no Forge or Co-op at launch, I don't have much faith it'll hit that date either.

Would be nice. II in my view was 10/10 and III was like a decent 6 or 7/10, and I would rather the series be left remembered on an high note.
If they ever get a good sponsor with deep pockets, they should streamline it, and remake it. So much wasteful junk in it too. When I saw the development shots, then played it years later, OK some were good, but even in 2015 some stuff was ughh, That muscle guy's stupid face for one. Didn't they get any responses from that video? Just fire the artist, hire anyone that can make normal faces like so many others in the game. Some things are done well. I wonder how much fishing cost to implement. If he was short on time and money... I'd rather that was not there. 4 round kicks glorified, same on some others. Some moves once you scribe them are getting in the way doing some others I actually wanted to do. The commands are too similar. I don't know, he needs a person overseeing overall quality.

All that said, I've never played Sleeping Dogs. Took a chance, combat in S3 is ages better than that junk, or many others before and after it. It's the wasteful stuff he had, and the lack of funds to polish because of it IMO.

If they ever get a good sponsor with deep pockets, they should streamline it, and remake it. So much wasteful junk in it too. When I saw the development shots, then played it years later, OK some were good, but even in 2015 some stuff was ughh, That muscle guy's stupid face for one. Didn't they get any responses from that video? Just fire the artist, hire anyone that can make normal faces like so many others in the game. Some things are done well. I wonder how much fishing cost to implement. If he was short on time and money... I'd rather that was not there. 4 round kicks glorified, same on some others. Some moves once you scribe them are getting in the way doing some others I actually wanted to do. The commands are too similar. I don't know, he needs a person overseeing overall quality.

All that said, I've never played Sleeping Dogs. Took a chance, combat in S3 is ages better than that junk, or many others before and after it. It's the wasteful stuff he had, and the lack of funds to polish because of it IMO.
We really need to move on from Shenmue 3 being remade/changed now. They're not going to get someone with the pockets deep enough to even consider it and the fan-base probably isn't large enough to do so.

Build on what they have for sure, improve it and nail the story for Shenmue 4 but this murmering for Shenmue 3 to be redone is just a waste of time at this stage.

Shenmue 3 is in the books, love it or hate it and we need to focus all energies and resources on 4. Sorry to be so blunt

Remaking Shenmue 3 is like, the weirdest and least productive Shenmue take I see thrown around, I truly don't get it. It's a good game. I'm against the trend of unfinished game's being released and endless revisions being patched in, and I seriously applaud YS Net for releasing a finished, solid game with what they had in a gaming landscape where teams with 10x the budget can't do the same (See Cyberpunk, the greatest game of all time). It may not have been the exact game some wanted, but whining for a redo of a perfectly fine entry into the series just seems so off the mark to me. Not to mention extremely out of the realm of possibility.

Full steam ahead to Shenmue 4!

Agreed. I enjoyed continuing Shenmue with the third, but let's move on to the 4th and get the story done. We don't need Suzuki to waste time and resources on going back and reworking what's been done when the story isn't completed yet. We the fans need the story to be able to be completed in game form. The anime will give us some kind of ending but it'll feel hollow after 20+ years of waiting.

Yes remaking Shenmue 3 would be waste of time and resources. The funds of Yu-San are not unlimited and if he still has the power and the will to continue the series he should focus on that today. Not wasting time with pointless remakes. Yes Shenmue 3 was not perfect but it was not that broken that remake is necessary.

Back