Administrator
Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
Destiny 2, Shenmue HD ;)
PSN
spud19870
Hello,

Just a quick question. How far ahead do Amazon JP send out their pre-orders?

How long do they take to arrive. I'm UK based. It's my first ever import.

Cheers

Not sure how fast they send out, but the delivery is pretty quick at least to Austria. I always got my stuff from amazon.jp in a few days, 3 to 4 days if I remember correctly. which is awesome when compared to amazon.com. From the States it takes weeks to get to Austria. I ordered the Japanese Version of Shenmue on amazon as well.

Last edited:
Amazon JP is pretty solid shipping-wise.
I recently ordered a physical copy of Hyper Light Drifter on PS4; from what I recall, the item arrived quickly (USA) and was packed well. Expect to receive text messages regarding your package's arrival/ scheduled delivery; at least I did.

On a funny note: HLD also included a bonus Amazon exclusive wallpaper....and it was absolutely useless.
Save your money with the Shenmue wallpaper.

On a funny note: HLD also included a bonus Amazon exclusive wallpaper....and it was absolutely useless.
Save your money with the Shenmue wallpaper.

In what way was it more useless than any wallpaper? Too low resolution?

I ditched that one because it was a digital bonus only, and preferred the physical collectors items.

But I cant remember which are getting delivered directly to Ireland, and that ones are going through a proxy Japan address. Keep checking my emails to make sure.

I got asked for one of my payments this morning (GMT) so perhaps the delivery process will start tomorrow JPN time.
Although I cant remember what I have and haven't paid for lol.

I got asked for one of my payments this morning (GMT) so perhaps the delivery process will start tomorrow JPN time.
Although I cant remember what I have and haven't paid for lol.
Was that with amiami peter? That's the same for me too. Ebten had taken my money since I ordered but it's the difference between my available and current balance on my Natwest app if that makes sense, waiting for some sort of authorization for the funds to completely disappear rather than just just be a ghost in my account. Also on my bank statement only from today was Imagine Store, so they've already taken payement! Basically just waiting for the payment from WonderGoo now :)

Yea it was amiami, and Image took theirs last week. I think that's it. I could have sworn Ebten and Wondergoo took theirs immediately no? 2 out of the 4 was immediate payment, and 2 were on release.

My bank blocked the payment with Amazon.co.jp and marked it as potential fraud.... Thanks guys, but better safe than sorry I guess.

Hopefully it's fixed now...? I confirmed with the bank it was me and was told to try again. So I went to Amazon and confirmed payment method with the same card details, but I haven't had any confirmation or email from them? Also it says it may now delay delivery :(

Amazon Japan just tried charging my MasterCard for my pre-order and it didn't go through. Tried the same card a few times and gave up. Had to switch to American Express for it to work. I probably could've just called the number on the back of my card and told them it wasn't a fraudulent charge but switching to another card was less of a hassle.It says my estimated delivery date is November 26-29.

I feel stupid now. I should have just cancelled my order haha.

My wife: "so what did you pre-order from Japan?"
Me: "A collectors edition of Shenmue I & II"
My wife: "but you own that..."
Me: "It's a collectors edition though, it comes with the soundtrack CD and a cool box"
My wife: "You spent £65 for a Japanese game you already own, when you don't speak Japanese!?"
Me: "I bought it for the music CD and cool box"
My wife: "It's £65!!!!!"

In retrospect, she has a good point.

I feel stupid now. I should have just cancelled my order haha.

My wife: "so what did you pre-order from Japan?"
Me: "A collectors edition of Shenmue I & II"
My wife: "but you own that..."
Me: "It's a collectors edition though, it comes with the soundtrack CD and a cool box"
My wife: "You spent £65 for a Japanese game you already own, when you don't speak Japanese!?"
Me: "I bought it for the music CD and cool box"
My wife: "It's £65!!!!!"

In retrospect, she has a good point.
Haha I was tactical with mine. I ordered it and the paid off the card in anticipation of it being taken way back. So the Mrs can't say much.

The pix n love one didn't go down well lol.

I've noticed on Amazon Japan mine says arrival by the 27th-29th

Haha I was tactical with mine. I ordered it and the paid off the card in anticipation of it being taken way back. So the Mrs can't say much.

The pix n love one didn't go down well lol.

I've noticed on Amazon Japan mine says arrival by the 27th-29th

Haha. I mean, I did go and point out that she spent like £50 on foam and she did that off our joint account... (don't ask)

Weird, mine says 26th-28th. No idea if the payment has gone through ok this time, but I assume and hope it has. It hasn't shipped yet (I assume we're all in the same boat).

Haha. I mean, I did go and point out that she spent like £50 on foam and she did that off our joint account... (don't ask)

Weird, mine says 26th-28th. No idea if the payment has gone through ok this time, but I assume and hope it has. It hasn't shipped yet (I assume we're all in the same boat).

Haha oh dear that's asking for trouble!

Mines gone through. I imagine they a shipping most of them at the same time considering the amount of us on here who have ordered them.

I just checked my bank account and Amazon JP Tokyo charged me $64.15 Im glad it went through. They still havent shipped my order.

My bank blocked the payment with Amazon.co.jp and marked it as potential fraud.... Thanks guys, but better safe than sorry I guess.
I got an email from Amazon.co.jp this morning saying my card was not approved, which is a first for me. I've used it for foreign orders many times in the past and also used it when traveling outside the US. Went in and re-applied the exact same card and now there's a pending transaction on it from them, so hopefully it's fixed. My order is on "Preparing for shipment".

Edit: My copy shipped. Tracking currently estimates it to arrive on Friday, which is impressive considering 2nd day is usually what I get for domestic shipments from Amazon. I was expecting Monday, since I'm used to around a week usually for shipments from Japan.

Last edited:
I've got a text from DHL saying mine will arrive Monday. That's fine by me.

Slightly off topic. Has anyone had anything from pix n love yet?

Hopefully it's fixed now...? I confirmed with the bank it was me and was told to try again. So I went to Amazon and confirmed payment method with the same card details, but I haven't had any confirmation or email from them? Also it says it may now delay delivery :(
Same here, it's a bit annoying that Amazon didn't send a confirmation email after I contacted my card's fraud team and updated details but honestly I'm not going to worry about it.

Sure it's kind of exciting and nostalgic to buy "new" Shenmue stuff after all these years but I mostly bought it (along with the other physical copies) to show support for the series. If this issue meant the game somehow gets sold out then I'll be happy that sales are doing so well.

Back