Shenmue JP Release Delivery

It doesn't seem they have fixed the timing issues with the Japanese voices despite the lack of dual audio.

I thought this was the reason for removing the dual audio.

Now I'm really confused.

Got the message that my copies got shipped. Let's see how long they take to arrive then.

Mine arrived today, I think I will not open it on the short term. Also, packaging is beuatiful, much better than regular edition

Guess I should have done more research before buying this. Didn't know I wouldn't be able to play in English. Oh well, I have the game on XB1 as well so that's fine I guess.

QegMsx8.jpg

Mine arrived last night. Don't think I'll be opening it.

Also got mine, unfortunately there appears to be some form of slight chip near security seal on the audio cd so amazon jp issued a refund so i bought a second sealed copy on play asia. Fortunately the cd plays but the long term of the integrity of the cd is a major concern.

Other than that, music is amazing. I went ahead and backed up everything for once the disc fails and will have a sealed version as well now.FB_IMG_1543349446782.jpgFB_IMG_1543349441110.jpg

My package finally arrived yesterday via DHL.
The box was badly damaged during transit; I fully expected to be disappointed and have to deal with annoying returns (whilst cursing DHL’s rotten name of course).

Thankfully, however, the contents inside the tattered box were in pristine condition: both Japanese LE’s were miraculously unscathed. So, yeah. Shenmue prevailed.

You cannot. All language options have been removed.

Based on the game size, the files are still there.
If the resources are available, and assuming they did the same thing as with the global Steam version to prevent Japanese captions from being enabled, I imagine it would be quite easy to remedy using the same approach I used with global: https://www.shenmuedojo.com/forum/i...am-version-possible-any-ideas.654/#post-15897

EDIT: My bad, I completely forgot that the Japanese version is PS4 exclusive.

Last edited:
Got 3 out of my 4 Limited Editions from Japan yesterday. Those 3 were the ones that only posted to a Japanese address, so what happens there is that they get delivered to a Japanese company which provides that service, and once they get it, repackage the item and post it to Ireland.

I use Tenso, thanks to the recommendation of @James Brown and they are sensational. The packaging was beyond exceptional. Not a ding. Not a dent, and the contents inside were well padded. Everything was perfect. Definitely will be using it again!

Got 3 out of my 4 Limited Editions from Japan yesterday. Those 3 were the ones that only posted to a Japanese address, so what happens there is that they get delivered to a Japanese company which provides that service, and once they get it, repackage the item and post it to Ireland.

I use Tenso, thanks to the recommendation of @James Brown and they are sensational. The packaging was beyond exceptional. Not a ding. Not a dent, and the contents inside were well padded. Everything was perfect. Definitely will be using it again!

Good to know regarding Tenso; I'll keep that name in mind for the future.

Yeah no sweat dude, it was a really smooth service, my 3 arrived pristine aswell! Still waiting on amiami, shame I didn’t have the foresight to have that sent to tenso first too, almost definitely in customs with this delay! Oh well!

Am I being really obtuse here? On the product page for the Special Ed. Shenmue on Amazon.co.jp, it's giving me 2 different options for different prices, even though they both appear to be exactly the same product. Can anyone shed any light on whether there is any difference besides the price?

This is the toggle that's giving me different prices:

Screenshot 2018-12-04 at 13.25.12.png

The first is ¥ 6,469, and the second is ¥ 5,320

Am I being really obtuse here? On the product page for the Special Ed. Shenmue on Amazon.co.jp, it's giving me 2 different options for different prices, even though they both appear to be exactly the same product. Can anyone shed any light on whether there is any difference besides the price?

This is the toggle that's giving me different prices:

View attachment 1529

The first is ¥ 6,469, and the second is ¥ 5,320
The first comes with a digital wallpaper. The other doesn't as far as I remember.

The first comes with a digital wallpaper. The other doesn't as far as I remember.

Thanks for the info Spud. If the digital wallpaper is the only difference, I might just go for the wallpaper-less option. Unless it's absolutely worth it.

If the digital wallpaper is the only difference, I might just go for the wallpaper-less option. Unless it's absolutely worth it.
That's the one I went for and I have 0 regrets. I don't think the wallpaper is anything outstanding.

The actual item is exactly the same and you save a decent amount of cash too.

That's the one I went for and I have 0 regrets. I don't think the wallpaper is anything outstanding.

The actual item it exactly the same and you save a decent amount of cash too.

My thoughts exactly. I’m thinking the wallpaper isn’t worth the additional cost. It’s not a huge markup but still probably not worth it, personally speaking.

Thanks for the advice. :)

Back