Shenmue
Currently playing
Yakuza: Like A Dragon / Shenmue II
PSN
bcdcdude
Steam
bcdcdude
Oh that's a shame :(

Still, in all the excitement, tonight I found out that the Virtua Fighter anime is on TMS' YouTube page! I just watched the 1st episode and was genuinely surprised. It was very comical and lighthearted which isn't something i'd expect with VF, but it was cute and charming all the same. And of course, it was awesome to see Yu Suzuki's name in the credits.

I wonder what approach the Shenmue anime will take? I can't see it going the goofy, light hearted route like VF did, but I do hope there's room for a little humour here and there. Maybe I enjoyed the VF episode because things the world feels like it's on fire, so something funny made me feel better!

Last edited:

ShenSun

Site Staff
Oh that's a shame :(

Still, in all the excitement, tonight I found out that the Virtua Fighter anime is on TMS' YouTube page! I just watched the 1st episode and was genuinely surprised. It was very comical and lighthearted which isn't something i'd expect with VF, but it was cute and charming all the same. And of course, it was awesome to see Yu Suzuki's name in the credits.

I wonder what approach the Shenmue anime will take? I can't see it going the goofy, light hearted route like VF did, but I do hope there's room for a little humour here and there. Maybe I enjoyed the VF episode because things the world feels like it's on fire, so something funny made me feel better!

Gonna give that a watch. Ive never seen the vf anime

Im hoping shenmue 1 is a little more darker and depressed, to show ryos agony. Hints of humor with tom, fukusan, goro and ren is a must though

Favourite title
Shenmue
PSN
Jrockstr
Honestly I'm not surprised that this year is out the window. It would have been a pleasant surprise but I never expected it to. Fall 2022 has always been my bet. The rest of this year and majority of next will just give them more time to lineup the cast and polish this masterpiece. Still as excited for this as when it was first announced.

OP
OP
mjqjazzbar
Favourite title
Shenmue IIx
Currently playing
Ghost of Tsushima
PSN
mjqjazzbar
Still seems odd someone would fake something so insignificant...

spud1897

Administrator
Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
Destiny 2, Shenmue HD ;)
PSN
spud19870
I'm still going to keep an eye this weekend and on the Telecom Expo.

Who knows but I'd rather be ready than miss this!

OP
OP
mjqjazzbar
Favourite title
Shenmue IIx
Currently playing
Ghost of Tsushima
PSN
mjqjazzbar
I know, but it's not like there's been lots of demand for the Shenmue anime launch date. It's exciting, but not Shenmue 4--the kind of thing only the most hardcore of the hardcore Shenmue fans would actively look for. In any case, I've been down this road before. I'll keep my mouth shut.

bcdcdude

Dude with tweed :)
Favourite title
Shenmue
Currently playing
Yakuza: Like A Dragon / Shenmue II
PSN
bcdcdude
Steam
bcdcdude
Gonna give that a watch. Ive never seen the vf anime

Im hoping shenmue 1 is a little more darker and depressed, to show ryos agony. Hints of humor with tom, fukusan, goro and ren is a must though
I agree. What I don't want is grimdark as you want a bit of tonal shade. I can see arguments with Ren being pretty amusing ^^