General Shenmue & Shenmue II talk

Are moves levelling up properly? I'm training and I swear the move progression bars aren't moving an inch...

Are moves levelling up properly? I'm training and I swear the move progression bars aren't moving an inch...

Weren't they always super slow to level up in the first Shenmue? And regarding the control prompts, like @yuc02 said, I thought it only ever displayed commands on the VMU after you got them right (which was always a bit weird anyway).

i only "trained" once on that parking lot because i had 2 hours free time
and i just made some random moves and combinations for maybe 5 real minutes
and there was a pop up message that i mastered a move.

but i didnt check the progression bars at all.

Weren't they always super slow to level up in the first Shenmue? And regarding the control prompts, like @yuc02 said, I thought it only ever displayed commands on the VMU after you got them right (which was always a bit weird anyway).

I'm not sure. It's hard to compare, as the interface and bars are now very different, but I have been training for several hours (in game hours, that is) each day and the move bars I'm training don't appear to be moving at all. Could just be me not noticing though.

Someone remind me - didn't the first game have vibration when using the rumble pack? And the second on Xbox?

Listening to instructions is fine, but it's not actually always clear. I remember there were at least one or two moves you could learn in the game where the instructions would trip me up and I would get confused... I can't remember which ones they were though.
this is part of the puzzle and what makes it more interesting to me.

Is there any new achievement or the trophy lists are exactly the same as the previous leaked ones?

Are Shenhua's eyes still off, like the original reveal trailer (right)?

Attachments

• maxresdefault (2).jpg
    maxresdefault (2).jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 22
I'm disappointed to read that there appear to be no way
to have access to the VMU screen, when learning moves, in Shenmue 1.

Wouldn't it be, theoretically, possible to have it in overlay, on the side ?
(Even more so if you play in 4/3, on a 16/9 screen, where it would not obstruct anything.)

I'm disappointed to read that there appear to be no way
to have access to the VMU screen, when learning moves, in Shenmue 1.

Wouldn't it be, theoretically, possible to have it in overlay, on the side ?
(Even more so if you play in 4/3, on a 16/9 screen, where it would not obstruct anything.)
Understandable, but people need to let go the ideia that the game has to be exactly like the Dreamcast with the exact the same things like passport vmu and stuff... Time to movo on! The game is looking great! Lets embrance it!
Tho, you'll allways have the dc and the game if you want to expirience the games like they were made in 1999

I agree, you can play the game without the VMU.
It is also possible that it is hard to integrate the original code interaction with the device.
But, it is a pity, nonetheless. Not a great deal, but still slightly sad.

Well, for the moment, I don't plan on buying the collection,
as they have no physical PC version.
I hope, if a lot of patches are deployed, that we may have PC physical version,
as an "ultimate disc version" of some kind, bundled with SH3.

To be honest, with these ports, I think that we lose some and gain some.
Appart from the bugs to be patched, I feel like we win more than we lose.
But, I think it is the right thing to mourn the little we lose, anyway,
before accepting the game in this reborn state.

pretty sure there will never be a physical version for PC. most of the Steam games that have a physical version,
are games from the west or are made for the west and nowadays there is only a Steam Setup.exe on that disc.

the re release of Shenmue has 15 gb or so in total, that wouldnt even fit on one DVD.
so they would have to spend even more money.
Sega doesnt care about physical PC versions for Yakuza.

Back