Steam page is live!

Personally while I understand not wanting to be spoiled, I don't mind being spoiled for Shenmue to a certain point. Like, I don't want to know the ending but I still want to know a lot of other stuff. I'm very selective with liking spoilers.

I read every Game of Thrones/A Song of Ice and Fire spoil I can find but if you spoil One Piece for me, you're dead to me. lmao

Anyway, I think it's about respect. Don't spoil people who don't want to be spoiled. That's why I love spoiler threads. (I don't think they're allowed here though) That said, I find it dumb as fuck to spoilertag spoilers in a spoiler thread.

It's not I don't trust in Suzuki and his team, on the contrary, it's just I NEED to see some short gameplay, i need to see something more of Shenmue 3, so many years waiting... I know it may break the magic moment when you run the game for the first time If we saw some long gameplay but If they show two minutes showing just snippets of gameplay in chobu (just to not spoil the other two locations) I'll be happy.

In other order of things, I think I just enjoy more seeing screenshots than trailers. You can watch them and rejoy in all details more than trailers. Or this may be because nostalgy of old times when we only had games magazines in paper:crying:

Game trailers were always a thing. You could order tapes for them out of magazines or catalogs.

I'm still trying my best to keep a lid on things. Preoccupy myself as best I can with anything but Shenmue, and put it to the back of my mind. I recon get Christmas out of the way, and get to early 2019 before pulling the trigger and getting excited. Otherwise the wait just gets harder and longer. In terms of games, I have cut Shenmue down to 2 hours a week on stream and that's it. I have deliberately switched off, and trying to play other games like Black Ops 4 and Spiderman, as well as have to play Horizon Zero Dawn (still haven't opened it), as well as buy Red Dead Redemption 2.

I am also in the camp of, "please don't show anything at all". I know the thirst gets worse by the day for most people, but the less they show the better. We live in the age where you don't need to go to the cinema to watch a movie, you can just piece together the 4 trailers you have seen for it, and get the jist. Same with TV shows. The less we see from Shenmue 3 the better, and I don't want to see Baisha at all until I play the game.

I can handle the wait. I've waiting early 17 years so far and honestly, maybe it's because I'm getting older, but time has breezed by since the announcement in 2015. I also have plenty of other games to play and increasingly limited time to play games in general, since I became a father a couple of years ago.

I just want to see something. Not much, just something. What I would really love to see is just a 3 or 4 minute trailer done in the same style as the original Shenmue 1 and 2 trailers that came with the Official Dreamcast Magazine all those years ago. They showed enough of the technology and gameplay style to showcase what the games were all about, whilst also giving just a glimpse of the story without ruining anything. That would be amazing. Of course, we're probably quite a way off something like that (I assume E3 2019 might be the right stage to showcase a trailer in that style). But also, some gameplay showing Ryo walking around in the new engine and perhaps even a glimpse of a fight (I'm talking just 60 seconds or less here) would be great. I'm also just hyped for the promotion/marketing itself, rather than wanting to ruin anything for myself story or gameplay wise. It'll just make it all feel that bit more real. I still have to pinch myself some days to remind me that Shenmue 3 is finally a reality.

I don't want to ruin anything either - truth be told I'm not even sure if I will play the demo.

This screen alone still gives me chills. Just knowing this is actually real says a lot about how far we've come.
gamewatch-image.jpg

With that said, I don't want to see much. Just enough to get me hype for the game and maybe some information on the new changes and additions to the game and I'll be a happy camper.

However I still hope they change the logo by the time of release. Hopefully this recommendation reaches gets relayed to Yu Suzuki.

They're allowed, just please be sure to clearly mark them as such :)

Spoiler leak threads aren't allowed, at least they weren't regarding the Shenmue 1 and 2 ports and the Gamescom extended trailer specifically.

I don't know the forums stance regarding TV show spoiler leaks and I'm not trying to cause an argument, debate or drama, just stating what I've observed.

Ah, you didn't specify leaks in your post. I was thinking more of the spoiler threads you see on ResetEra after a game launches.

We did eventually have a spoiler/leak thread for Shenmue I & II before release, but for future occurrences it's something that we'll deal with on a case by case basis.

For anything officially released, go nuts.

I think it was in Famitsu.

When was that posted? I must have missed it or just forgotten I had seen it.
It was actually the original look of the new site I wanted, but there were a few reasons I backed away from it. The gold was always on the cards, but I felt the green and black were too reminiscent of the old Dojo.

I would like alternative themes in the future, so it could still happen. We have plenty of time.

If they showed a minute or so of gameplay (fighting gameplay, especially), that would satisfy a lot of people.

I think fighting gameplay is the last thing people will care. If YSnet has to showcase something, it's the way they fulfill the world and deal the NPCs, I mean all the basic things inherent in what we naturally tend to expect in a Shenmue game. Confirm the full dubbing would be a great relief for many of us.

I think fighting gameplay is the last thing people will care. If YSnet has to showcase something, it's the way they fulfill the world and deal the NPCs, I mean all the basic things inherent in what we naturally tend to expect in a Shenmue game. Confirm the full dubbing would be a great relief for many of us.

Highly disagree. Fighting is what I am most curious about and want to see clips of the most. I am confident from what we've seen of the NPCs and the environment that they will be great. All we've seen of combat is a screenshot, that while it looked good, you're never going to be certain until you see it in action.

Environments are gorgeous, NPCs are varied, animations are great (disregarding facial animations cause I'm not sure but they appear much improved) so yeah, I wanna see a clip of combat pretty badly. haha

I agree with fighting becase it actually requires systems in place, so that gives the sense of a project well on course.

Hi,
I have seen many time the exemple of Kingdom Come deliverance to talk about Shenmue 3.
But in fact Kingdome Come had a pretty big budget (over 36 Millions USD)
https://www.pcgamesn.com/kingdom-come-deliverance/kingdom-come-deliverance-cost-budget

And I don't think Shenmue 3 have the same budget ...
I would say it must be between 10 and 15 millions

I don't expect we'll ever find out what the budget actually is. Your guess seems reasonable. But regarding Kingdom Come Deliverance, I realize it's purely a matter of taste, but from what we've been able to see so far, I think Shenmue 3 is already a much more beautiful game in terms of art direction.

Back