that Lan Di fight...

Yanlang says in the interrogation that they reported back about the goings on in Bailu, and that Chai was there to keep an eye on them. Remember, they were ostensibly forced to do this, under an implied threat of death.

Some of the places where music was recycled felt a bit off, but for the most part I think it worked fine.

In my eyes, they are welcome to use "Lan Di's Departure" music from his helicopter escape in II and the final fight scene in III for every encounter with him. That music is a masterpiece.

My only criticism is I wish that scene had played out with the Virtua Fighter engine instead of III's decent but bare bones fighting engine.

Could you imagine that fight sequence in the VF engine with a Lan Di that is completely untouchable and pulling off Akira like counters? The animations would have looked amazing and it would have been all the more thrilling.

It was fine for what it was, but man, I couldn't help but think "what if this were playing out with the VF engine instead?"

Pipedream DLC/patch/mod would be: choosing between New Engine and VF Engine in settings or options menu. Love both, but wouldn't dare resist trying it out with the cool new battles.

My favorite part of the Lan Di fight is when he kicks Ren clear across the room. I LOLED. I haven't reacted that strongly to a game since the first time I played through Uncharted 2.

Back