the current build of the PC version is so much better than consoles

Another out of place cutscene when returning home from getting scammed in asia travel.

And right next to it another one when going to sleep (dream of shenhua).

Going to restart.

How are people finding performance? It seems fine until I start turning around in circles and it judders a bit.

GTX 1060 6GB
i7-6700HQ
16GB RAM

i don't know if anyone brought up this matter yet.
i am not having any sounds issues during my play like at all except that the Hazuki Residence music is a little bit echoed... that's it! non of the other problems exist!
also the issue at night when the screen gets darker with every refresh rate is non existence here.

the only problem i noticed is that Excite QTE minigame is still buggy.

this build is clearly much much better than the current build for consoles
While I'm waiting for my physical copy I watched someone at home play the pc version and didn't notice anything strange (yet) besides what you're mentioning. A bit too much reverb on some audio and footsteps that are too loud while you're in the Hazuki Residence. I had seen people talk about the game being too dark, buggy cutscenes etc. but thought that they had maybe patched all versions before the release date.

You played both ps4 and Xbox versions? Because the Xbox version really isn't that bad at all. Ps4 is the worst of the lot
Damn, that's the one that I ordered. I'll be able to see for myself soon since it should arrive on Thursday. Hopefully they will keep working on all versions for a while.

By the way, are the QTE-buttons static in every version? I preferred the flashing buttons in the original versions. It fits better with the sound and the sense of urgency that you should feel. But in general, the pc version ran very well, no crashes until now, loads areas very fast,...

The footstep issue in Ryo's bedroom is definitely there, but it wasn't that bad in the rest of the house; I just turned SFX down to 80% and kept music and dialogue at 100%.

Did not need to adjust contrast at all, looked great on my 1080p laptop screen with default settings.

Definitely need to make the QTE prompts more dynamic.

what are everyone's specs?

AMD Ryzen 7 2700x
MSI X470 Gaming Plus Mother Board
16GB 3200 DDR4 G Skill RipJaws Ram
Radeon 7970 Graphics
120GB SSD
3TB HDD

just upgraded everything except graphics card, ill do that in a year or so's time (shortly before the new consoles come out) as well as upgrade to a M.2 SSD now that this mobo has the slot for it. StoreM.I. tech through Ryzen and theses second gen mother boards allow essentially everything to be processed through my SSD and accessed through there, basically making everything run from SSD even the stuff on my HDD/merges your SSD and HDD, its an incredibly efficient tech.

Thought i´d post here instead of making a topic but how on earth do i use the assigned move button?

It states on the pc it´s LT but it keeps bringing up the move list,i´ve also gone into settings and tried pressing a key for assigned move and that´s also bringing up the move list when i´m trying to train moves,is this a bug??

Using a ps4 controller connected to lappy

Last edited:
Thought i´d post here instead of making a topic but how on earth do i use the assigned move button?

It states on the pc it´s LT but it keeps brining up the move list,i´ve also gone into settings and tried pressing a key for assigned move and that´s also bringing up the move list when i´m trying to train moves,is this a bug??

Using a ps4 controller connected to lappy

That’s the same on Dreamcast if I remember correctly; you couldn’t use assigned button in training.

That’s the same on Dreamcast if I remember correctly; you couldn’t use assigned button in training.

Lol gosh silly me i haven´t played shenmue in so long i didn´t realise!

I was on a guide page on ign and it was on the list of recommended time wasters to go to a practise area and assign a move to train it so not sure why they wrote that!

Couldn't agree more. Picked up the PC version today after playing through a lot of the game on PS4 and the difference is night and day. I don't think I've noticed any bugs at all (with the exception of Excite QTE 2).

I suspect the console editions will eventually end up like this, but I think I'm going to stick with this for my main playthrough.

After playing it this morning I wholeheartedly agree.

One thing I instantly appreciate about the PC version is I can get really up-close as I snoop around in the cupboards and drawers than I would be able to if I were sitting half-way across the room on my couch. Never thought I'd have so much fun with my head lodged in Ryo's underwear drawer.

Listening to the Shenmue cassettes with some cushy over-ear headphones is also pretty sweet.

I was on a guide page on ign and it was on the list of recommended time wasters to go to a practise area and assign a move to train it so not sure why they wrote that!

The assigned move button in training brings up the move list to allow you to see how your training is going, as well as actually assign a move (by pressing A on the move you want to assign to the button). You can then use it in fights just by pressing the button.

Back