The Shenmue 3 Review Thread

We got a new review from Impulsegamer who gave it a glowing, fantastic, masterful score of

On metacritic and on the list

We got a new review from Impulsegamer who gave it a glowing, fantastic, masterful score of

On metacritic and on the list
I laugh, but I also
cry

Okay, situation dire now. Another review was added. This time a 50! If we get another review below 70, we'll dip to 69. :(

The 50 came from "godisageek" more like God has no taste in games.

Both PC and PS4 have the score of 70 on metacritic! Thats not so bad. I think we won this fight.

Both PC and PS4 have the score of 70 on metacritic! Thats not so bad. I think we won this fight.

Oh wow, thanks for the headsup. The PC version has an 80 and a 67 all of a sudden that wasn't there before.

In Portuguese there is a phrase like this:

Speak well, speak bad but speak of me.

The fact that people are taking time to speak good and bad things is actually good. A lot of games are forgotten.

What? they are not taking time, they are doing their job and reviewing the game, like every other game that comes out.

I don’t see how a low score review is good in any way, if the meta score was like 75-78 it would significantly help sales.

What? they are not taking time, they are doing their job and reviewing the game, like every other game that comes out.

I don’t see how a low score review is good in any way, if the meta score was like 75-78 it would significantly help sales.

For example this game:

https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/the-sinking-city

its score is based only on 35 reviews, while Shenmue is getting new reviews everyday, so for bad or for good the game is having more space!

Most of all the biggest French outlets rated it 5/10 and wrote the same shit about the "dated" aspect and so on.

Jeuxvideo.com 10/20
Gamekult 5/10
Jeuxactu 50/100
Le journal du geek 5/10

I feel like living in the worst times of the Soviet Union, with one official outlet, Pravda (= Jeuxvideo.com) telling everybody what they have to think.
They clearly rushed the review, they were the first to publish it in the world.
"Journal du geek" published it later but it was even more rushed. The reviewer says that you need to zoom 3 times to grab herbs and 4 times to open a drawer. He says you can NEVER skip conversations, etc. He played less than 2 hours for sure.

French vg media are officially the worst in the world :)

The Soviet Union really? Jesus fuck. You people are delusional. The game blows. Get over it. If anyone is trying to curb truth it's idiots like you on this site inflating scores on a game that absolutely doesn't deserve it. Get a god-damned grip on reality.

The Soviet Union really? Jesus fuck. You people are delusional. The game blows. Get over it. If anyone is trying to curb truth it's idiots like you on this site inflating scores on a game that absolutely doesn't deserve it. Get a god-damned grip on reality.
So it deserved review bombing of 0's did it?

Why’d you post this?
Exactly. Thank you.

Most of us who are on this site probably love this series and by default we are biased towards it. Shenmue 3 is a love letter to the people who love the original ones and I couldn't be happier with how it turned out. That being said, we are a very small minority compared to the audience that IGN caters to which is the modern gaming world. Whether or not you like that, it's a fact. A game should stand on its own. Swap out Shenmue 3 with literally any other game that you come across on a GameStop shelf. I highly doubt you'd be defending it with all these excuses and relying on nostalgia from 20 years ago.

Once again, I love Shenmue 3 and am having a blast with it. I'm also mature enough to comprehend it's short comings as a modern game.
???
You went from couldn’t being happier with how it turned out to calling us delusional idiots who like a game that blows in a couple weeks??

Calm thine titties.

New review from Pocket Lint. A nice sexy 80............... That won't go to Metacritic

Fuck that review. A lot of it ( though not all ) is written badly with a lot of BS ( Skyrim life sim????? Yakuza combat has more depth WTF, Yakuza does it better, Shenmue 1&2 combat lacked impact, eh? ).

I know this game is not perfect as I'd give it an 8.5 max but, I really feel like there is a little, just a little bit of an agenda going on with some of those reviews.
Almost like some see the 70 mettacritic and think "I'm gonna take that down a peg" with their score. Maybe I'm overeacting ( tired of it ) but read that review- (God is a geek ) and tell me there isn't an undercurrent of malicious intent? Oh, and he's a fan by the way so he's totally legit, right?

I don't have a problem with people not liking the series ( 6 scores are fine by me, it's not their thing ) when they give fair, detailed criticisms to back it up but I will not tolerate lies, or making "subjective" claims as "objective" facts and masking your dislke for elements ( or series as a whole ) by using them as a punching bag to big up your own prefered gaming series of choice. That review just rubbed me up the wrong way:mad:

20190928204240_1.jpg

Back