Total number of Skill scrolls ?

Tomboz taught it, you buy ‘Three Kingdoms’ from the book store near the Promenade at Niaowu and ‘Historical Records’, ‘Later Man Dynasty’ and ‘History of Jin’ comes to a total of 11 Yuan. You can exchange these for a scroll at the Pawn Shop that you can sell back for over 100 Yuan. I made like 50k in 45 minutes.
This is great. A legit big help. I just knocked out the 500,000 tokens trophy. Thanks @tomboz

So I just got the Technique Master trophy. And just last night when I checked the 90 move list posted earlier I had everything listed except "Burning Sandstorm" and "Tigers Fury."

But, I also had "Blazing Kick" (Best Buy DLC move) and "Brawling Uppercut 2" that was not in the 90 move list.

So I went and defeated the 36 people in the arena - got the Battle Master trophy and when I received the "Tigers Fury" skill book as a prize the Technique Master trophy popped as well.

Also, I have not yet gotten the 5000 Yuan story skill book yet. FYI.

At this point in time I have 91 skill books.

Correction. You Can get brawling uppercut 2 early in the game so you don’t have to wait till the kung fu master entry.
You just have to do one forklift game and then look for HONG Dejjng at the pier to the left of the Ferry terminal after 5pm.
Did you end up getting "Brawling Uppercut 2" and if so, did you get the trophy?

So I just got the Technique Master trophy. And just last night when I checked the 90 move list posted earlier I had everything listed except "Burning Sandstorm" and "Tigers Fury."

But, I also had "Blazing Kick" (Best Buy DLC move) and "Brawling Uppercut 2" that was not in the 90 move list.

So I went and defeated the 36 people in the arena - got the Battle Master trophy and when I received the "Tigers Fury" skill book as a prize the Technique Master trophy popped as well.

Also, I have not yet gotten the 5000 Yuan story skill book yet. FYI.

At this point in time I have 91 skill books.
The $5000 Arcane Baji skill book for Reverse Body Check only shows as an key item. It’s just part of the story. You can only do the technique during QuickTime action and you cant actually do it during combat.

Last edited:
Does anyone know where I can buy ‘Spiral Cut’ & ‘Eclipse Kick’ ?

I’m in Niaowu

Also, does anyone know where I find the ‘teddy bear 8’ needed for the ‘Tiger Combo’ scroll

I’ve got 3 scrolls left ^_^

Does anyone know where I can buy ‘Spiral Cut’ & ‘Eclipse Kick’ ?

I’m in Niaowu

Also, does anyone know where I find the ‘teddy bear 8’ needed for the ‘Tiger Combo’ scroll

I’ve got 3 scrolls left ^_^

I won Teddy Bear 8 at speedball and also at the Save Shenmue Big Wheel.

I think you are missing prizes for those skills.
You might not be able to get them in Niaowu as there are few needed from Bailu side quests.

I think you are missing prizes for those skills.
You might not be able to get them in Niaowu as there are few needed from Bailu side quests.
There are only three moves that can’t be obtained in Niaowu as they require items from Bailu. I can’t remember the moves, but the items are blue dragon vase (Bailu quest), magnifying glass and red radio (store and prize exchange items).

Okay thanks ; )
Still no luck finding it, where was this speedball?

There are only three moves that can’t be obtained in Niaowu as they require items from Bailu. I can’t remember the moves, but the items are blue dragon vase (Bailu quest), magnifying glass and red radio (store and prize exchange items).

Ah thanks! I thought as much, so Spiral Cut must be exchanged for. Since they don’t sell it in Niaowu
And one of the items required to exchange is the Blue Dragon Vase which can only be obtained in the "Heartbreak Kungfu" sidequest.

I wasn’t aware this was a requirement for later so I sold it lool : /

So everyone else be sure to save this item and not sell it like I did so you’re ready to trade it in later in Niaowu.

Last edited:
Late to the party, but here is my moves list...all of them normally obtainable, plus my DLC/Kickstarter ones:

Jab
Hook
Uppercut
Spin Kick
High Front Kick
Stepping Knee Strike
Tiger Knuckle
Downward Punch
Knee Strike
Rain Thrust
Twist Knuckle
Elbow Slam