Update #89: Gamescom 2018 Update #1

New Shenhua voice actress was good, liked the new model... and

Motherfucking LAN DI VS RYO????!!!!

Oh my God Shenmue 3.. Lan di looks so much different. August 27 is a long wait still.

Christ, I have to stay alive for a whole more year? I was hoping it would come sooner than that.

But seriously, that was glorious!!!

It looked so rough. The animations still don't look very good, and the faces are not there. (Both Ren and Lan Di look worse than their DC counterparts).

The whole thing ran at 10 FPS, too. Sigh.

Hope some magic happens in the remaining year.

EDIT: Oh the bad FPS is from the stream, good to know.

Barely feel Shenmue vibes in this... pretty underwhelmed outside of the beautiful environments. I need to watch it again to figure out why.

Holy god, a trailer and a release date?! I knew it would be a release date for some reason. Can't believe how beautiful the game looks and we saw Lan Di. Ryo walking up to Lan Di!

It looked so rough. The animations still don't look very good, and the faces are not there. (Both Ren and Lan Di look worse than their DC counterparts).
I'm afraid I have to agree with this part. The animation, particularly the facial animation, still needs work. Right now it's going to be a tough sell for Shenmue 3 if it still looks like this at launch.

Back