Video 1 - Shenmue III MINIGAME footage from IGN Japan (13 minutes)

Awesome gameplay. My favourite game is Shenmue 2, so look to a gambling/minigames reaches my heart easily.

Being more analytical, the animations are a bit robotic. The Turtle Race Guy looks simply weird, It's the model that most needs some rework. The Lucky Hit Woman seems good, it's the one I liked at all, especially the voice acting (although I prefer the Japanese voices).

As I said before in other post, lip sync and NPCs animations (face and body) need some extra work (maybe Ryo too). Hope the next months helps to made the game even better.

This gameplay made me even happier. I looking forward for more information.

The combat looks fast paced and fun! More so than the originals for me!

Love the trash talk while sparring “Stop that tickles”

Was that blood at 4:36 or just an effect? Looked like Ryo busted him open with an elbow.

This whole thing looks so good!!

It finally hit me after seeing this. This is actually Shenmue 3.

Dude same! It sounds dumb out of everything with seen but it was Ryo sitting there looking at capsule toys in the village with the sound of children playing the background that it hit me... the story is gonna continue, this is it.

Very pleased with both videos, this warming my heart after all yesterday's trash talking.

Maybe I'm paranoid but I'm suspecting they have problems with framerate. That could explain why they lowered the number of NPCs for the videos and for the gameplay. I also noticed this in the e3 trailer especially the part with the monks.

Fighting looks very robotic due to lack of transition animations. Side stepping also looks rough. But overall, you can still get the shenmue feels behind the indy paint.

Regarding Ryo's walking animation, I think they almost have it right, but his arm swing is what makes it look awkward. Ryo's walk should be stiff, but a less dramatic arm swing would make it look less silly.

Still doesn't smell Shenmue to me but more a game pretending to be Shenmue 3. I don't feel the design alchemy I felt in the previous games.

Its just.... its just.... its just.... fucking wonderful! This will be a rollercoaster of feelings. Just watching it made me finally and utterly realize we did it. SHENMUE III.

All my lasting worries are out the window now. Bring on the turtle races! NOW!

Regarding Ryo's walking animation, I think they almost have it right, but his arm swing is what makes it look awkward. Ryo's walk should be stiff, but a less dramatic arm swing would make it look less silly.

I'm not too keen on the walking animation either. It's one of those general nitpicks I have in videogames in general (a good walk/run cycle + transition animation...and an actual stair climbing animation = good game). BUT, I will say this this current walk animation looks similar to the Free Battle walk animation from the original games.

Sega logos looks like its because of Shenmue 1-2 character capsule toys. Really hope Ryo comments on getting a toy of himself or someone he knows.

I think because i'm not playing it, it seemed a little slow to me, but boy does it look lovely (and watching it a 2nd time with music makes ALL the difference!)

I think the colour scheme feels a little faded, but otherwise I can't complain :)

After yesterday's drama I was disheartened. Amazing how two videos has given my spirits/morale a much needed boost. This is what I needed to see something to remind me why I am a Shenmue fan. Unpopular opinion but I didn't mind the lack of music. I enjoyed hearing the flowing water and bird chirps in the background. It was very serene. I love the training segments and the combat. It doesn't feel as smooth as the first two games but given where they're coming from its understandable.

I normally try not to spoil myself so I can savor the actual release but this is something I really needed to see. A reminder of why I love this series.

Back