What are you playing?

Officially beginning my original RE play-order tonight, starting with Saturn RE Chris Redfield story. Played first time as Jill years ago.

Crap, forgot how much more difficult Chris is than Jill, yikes!

Could've sworn there were those goofy worded choices for difficulty ie Mountain mode...? Am I thinking of the PS1 Director's Cut?

I was going to write; better hang on, 'cause he's MUCH tougher!

Plus, he lacks in the fine arts, whereas Jill is adept.

Crap, forgot how much more difficult Chris is than Jill, yikes!

Could've sworn there were those goofy worded choices for difficulty ie Mountain mode...? Am I thinking of the PS1 Director's Cut?
Thank you!

Playing Chris on the Saturn is an absolute bitch for me to get through. That combination of no auto aim together with Chris's much harder campaign drove me up the wall. Had to jump into the Director's Cut for the easy mode and the Remake (which has that Mountain mode thingy).

Thank you!

Playing Chris on the Saturn is an absolute bitch for me to get through. That combination of no auto aim together with Chris's much harder campaign drove me up the wall. Had to jump into the Director's Cut for the easy mode and the Remake (which has that Mountain mode thingy).

Yeah, not having auto-aim with the left trigger from DC RE2-3-CV and RE0-REmake definitely makes a bit more difficult...!

A good friend of mine had me watch The Expanse, which, as an old school hard sci-fi fan, I've enjoyed tremendously. Kinda gave me a live-action Policenauts vibe, which is cool. So, I started looking for a new freelance hard sci-fi space game where I could be a merchant or merc in a more realistic, gritty futuristic environment, and ultimately got back into Endless Sky. This is a great freeware 2D Elite-type game, if you like that style. Just blast the theme to Firefly or Cowboy Bebop and buy low, sell high, as you explore and dodge pirates. Good lonely times. :)

After a year or so of not playing or buying the game for god knows what reason, I've finally started playing God Of War.

I didn't think I would enjoy it because from the first hour or so, everything felt just a little too serious and sullen. Which is just something I can never really get into with games. But then more of the norse mythology started rolling in, and more of the fantastical elements, the relationships are growing and I'm really starting to enjoy it. But I think it's most likely the norse mythology aspect that's winning me over. So yeah, I am really enjoying it and can't wait to play more when I get home.

Just finished Leon's A campaign on RE 2 Remake. Now on to Claire B.

I read that there really isn't much difference between the A and B campaigns for each character, like there was in the original. If so, that's disappointing.

I do not like Re 4, 5 and 6 because the transition between old and new was absolutely flawed. The code Veronica ending implied that there will be a big Showdown with Umbrella and then we learn in the Re 4 opening Credits that Umbrella just went bankrupted. that was a silly plot twist. Would be as dumb as you watch Star Wars Return of the Jedi and we learn in the opening credits that the Emperor died of old age and Darth Vader was run over by a space taxi. Capcom should have delivered a satisfying end to Umbrella ark and then move on.

I'll definitely agree with this. Umbrella going away off screen was a silly decision, and in that regard, the loss of RE 3.5 does hurt.

Even so, I do adore the RE4 we did get, and I think Capcom learned their lesson in 5 by
giving us an actual, final showdown with Wesker.

Of course, Umbrella Corps came along and made us question the finality of that... but I'm expecting Umbrella Corps to simply be swept aside and ignored by Capcom. After Revelations 2 was such a solid step in the right direction, how did we end up with Umbrella Corps?!

Of course, Umbrella Corps came along and made us question the finality of that...

I, wait...WHAT?!

What's next? Flushing it out an airlock in space?!

Just hit the Platinum Trophy for Resident Evil 2.

I think I've played through that game about 10 to 12 times in the past week alone. And even after all that, I still want to go back and keep playing it. It's damn good. In every way.

But I'm probably gonna move on to either Kingdom Hearts 3 or maybe go back and finish off Judge Eyes

RE: Code Veronica on Dreamcast (my first time).

Pleased to see the voice acting in classic Resi is strikingly beautiful as always.

Have fun with it Revan. RE CV is one of the best classic RE Games in my opinion. Also one of the most difficult games as well. The Story is nice too, although it has some weak points with the character development.

I am still playing RE 2 on my PS4 and still enjoy it.

Also started playing Re 0 for the gamecube again. Never finished it back then and want to change it now.

Been casually going back to Yakuza 4 on PS3...cleaning up some of the side stuff...I'm thinking I might go for the Platinum on it as it doesn't seem too difficult, just time consuming.

Also been floating back and forward between Virtua Fighter 2 and Tekken 7...it's a shame that the online is practically dead for Virtua Fighter 2. Would be nice to play something that isn't just the Perfect Play AI.

Also started Resident Evil 2 on the Dreamcast again...what can I say? The remake really made me want to go back and replay the original.

RE: Code Veronica on Dreamcast (my first time).
How are you finding it? I really liked it back in the day but I'm wondering how it holds up now.

One of my fondest memories of an RE game was my first run through of CV on the Dreamcast.

I've always been pretty shite at these games but even by my standards it was remarkably bad. I used up all my ammo and saved over my one and only slot only to realise the next part of the game was a boss fight with no way of back tracking.

Even though the knife is very overpowered in that game it still took me several tries to bring the boss down with it alone.

It was the playthrough that taught me ammo conservation and to make multiple saves.

Back