What are you playing?

How are you finding it? I really liked it back in the day but I'm wondering how it holds up now.

One of my fondest memories of an RE game was my first run through of CV on the Dreamcast.

I've always been pretty shite at these games but even by my standards it was remarkably bad. I used up all my ammo and saved over my one and only slot only to realise the next part of the game was a boss fight with no way of back tracking.

Even though the knife is very overpowered in that game it still took me several tries to bring the boss down with it alone.

It was the playthrough that taught me ammo conservation and to make multiple saves.

I've just swapped over to Disc 2 and have arrived in Antarctica as Claire.

I'm enjoying it so far, it's a fun little dose of classic Resident Evil. I don't think its quite up there with my personal absolute favourites from this series (RE2, RE3, RE4, RE5 & REmake 1 & 2) but I'm glad I'm finally getting around to experiencing it.

But I've noticed I'm awful at first impressions of things so, who knows? Its ranking might change upon completion or subsequent playthroughs.

If I had to express my current thoughts on the Resident Evil series, it would probably look something like...
RESI.png

Hitman 2016 (got it from ps+)
The concept of a stealth sandbox is great, and very fun to plan stuff, even if I hate the stealth and waiting stuff, I find it very refreshing.
Just played a couple of missions though.

I've got Resident Evil 2, Tales of Vesperia and Ace Combat 7 all going at the same time. Even in my free time, I have no free time.

I've just swapped over to Disc 2 and have arrived in Antarctica as Claire.

I'm enjoying it so far, it's a fun little dose of classic Resident Evil. I don't think its quite up there with my personal absolute favourites from this series (RE2, RE3, RE4, RE5 & REmake 1 & 2) but I'm glad I'm finally getting around to experiencing it.

But I've noticed I'm awful at first impressions of things so, who knows? Its ranking might change upon completion or subsequent playthroughs.

If I had to express my current thoughts on the Resident Evil series, it would probably look something like...
That's interesting, I would place CV above 3 but that's somewhat of a legacy opinion as I haven't played either in years.

I'll need to finish 4, 7 and try 0 sometime, I'm a pretty poor excuse for a fan all things considered.

That's interesting, I would place CV above 3 but that's somewhat of a legacy opinion as I haven't played either in years.

I'll need to finish 4, 7 and try 0 sometime, I'm a pretty poor excuse for a fan all things considered.
I know a lot of people loved 7 for returning the series back to the puzzles/item management/horror of classic games, so look forward to trying that out.

Last edited:
fBghWBi.jpg

Abysmal total time but I'm no stranger to that. Looking forward to starting Claire B.

I'll take Code Veronica over Nemesis any day (though I still like Nemesis). Any RE fan who thinks that the series became more action oriented and less survival horror with 4 needs to go back any play 3 some time.

I played Gray Dawn, interesting walking sim with very heavy religious themes and iconography (I think it's orthodox christian from Romania).
The whole shtick of the game is mostly that, the heavy emphasis on religion (without being preachy or an anti-theist pamphlet).
And I was compelled as fuck by it, and that's basically the only thing the game has going on is how beautiful all that christian art and architecture is. Made me wonder why not many games tackle the aesthetic, since it's so developed and powerful.
And I'm not just talking about making a game full of crosses, but with baroque/gothic architecture, the only thing that comes to mind is FFXV (with the art deco / neo gothic stuff was probably the best of the game and also some paintings that were kinda religious in nature and baroque in style).

I know that baroque is a heavy style, and you need to work a lot on textures and models, but man, I'm fucking tired of medieval sheds and castles in games. Mix it a little.

F8CD318E-D4A6-4BFC-8954-B1FD728E8A81.jpegD4A941E1-454B-4421-B3B1-556DC69195FB.jpeg

Infinite Chaingun and Infinite Rocket Launcher be mine :)

Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Once you know the games tricks and surprises, it's actually far easier than you would think.

Now back to Judge Eyes.

Last edited:
CQjLM90.jpg

Loved it. Even if playing (or even just thinking about playing it) gave me anxiety.

Amending and expediting my RE playlist. Did quick runs of Leon A/Claire B (apparently the less-canon scenarios?) and now RE3. Going to skip Veronica because I've played obsessively--despite not in years. Then, 4 followed by both Revelations. Aftwards, resetting to Zero, REmake, *Leon B/Claire A, Code Veronica, and finally 5; might have RE7 by then. Eventually, I'll grab REmake2, but not for awhile. Not expecting to enjoy RE5 honestly. Definitely skipping 6 altogether.

*Upon beating Claire B, the save file went back to Leon A...? Confused about the order now, because i assumed Leon A/Claire B were connected, therefor Leon B/Claiore A went together for each second game-plays. Yet, how am I suppose to get to the B/A scenario order??

Yeah, I won't. Apparently the progenitor virus is in it, which was the iteration of RE4 I was most hyped and wanted most :/

Besides, even if more action than RE4, can't be quite as boring, repetitive 'splodey as RE6.

pardon the double:

To be clear, the one with the X-Files-esque black oil haunting you in Europe at Umbrella HQ. The hook man was also col with the moving dolls, but slightly preferred the first iteration. Wish Capcom would give us an amalgamation side-story with both of them into one project.

Back