What are you playing?

In terms of performance, with a i5 9400F and 1060 6gb was alright, but yeah in the split world was kinda 28ish. It's natural, it's basically like opening 2 games at the same time. I suppose they will patch your problems soon anyway, but it's still playable.
I actually was able to figure it out thankfully. The "Ultra" Raytracing mode is impossibly brutal to run it seems. Bumping RTX down to normal gives me a solid 60FPS for the most part. Splitscreen segments still dip a little, but like you say, that's to be expected.

I played it on Gamepass and I loved it. I'm not much into horror games, I'm kinda pussy but I liked this one because it's not "real horror", seemes more like "light horror", "suspense" or something like that. The camera seems a lot like RE and SH of ps1 so if you are old school you will really like that, and if we are honest with ourselves, those games were a bit like this one,
Yeah totally! I'm not into traditional horror either, but I really love atmospheric horror! Don't often get the chance to indulge in the genre, so it's always fun for me when a piece of media like this surfaces. The Medium definitely seems to be ticking all the boxes for me so far in that regard.

I think I'm at the point in the game where things are really starting to heat up, so I'm excited to keep playing and see what else awaits!

Shenmue III -- I just did a 2 hour Shenmue III stream in honor of Shenmue Day or #letsgetshenmueIV. That was fun. Might come back in a few hours after sleep and do some more streaming on Twitch. Spent most of it just shooting the shit.

Mortal Kombat 11 --
Still dabbling around with MK11 online and kind of having fun learning it a little more.

I think I'm at the point in the game where things are really starting to heat up, so I'm excited to keep playing and see what else awaits!
IMO that part was when you just arrive at the hotel and
met Sadness

You dont know anything about the story yet, but all seems so cool and misterious. I really enjoyed that part.

Played about 2+ hours of Tokyo Xtreme Racer 2 last night and was able to test out the Retro Fighters DC Pad.

The pad feels good, the buttons are all super-responsive and the VMU is still visible, despite a lot of the surface area being sacrificed, from the original DC pad.

I hate the triggers on this thing though; I have 0 doubt they will never break down or anything, but they are so damn flimsy compared to the original DC pad, I hate, hate, HATE the feeling they give. I used the shoulder buttons instead, but because my muscle memory was thrown off a tad, it actually hindered my gameplay, at times.

Showered, went back to the game with my tried and true DC half-blue controller and... yeah, it's still my #1 favourite controller ever; it fits perfectly in my hands and those triggers are a joy and a half; so robust!

And TXR2 is still a phenomenal racing game; so much fun (and I'm super rusty lol).
I saw that thing and thought it looked nice enough, but honestly didn't want to bother with it because it felt like I'd be cheating on the real DC controller. :oops:

I've completed the gun chase on Yakuza Kiwami.

Players made out that it was impossible. You just need to memorise and anticipate when the chasers pop up.

As for the lorry part, I concentrated on the reinforcements first and used slowdown to counter the projectiles.

Learning Mahjong and completing Haruka's requests were difficult for me.

Last edited:
I saw that thing and thought it looked nice enough, but honestly didn't want to bother with it because it felt like I'd be cheating on the real DC controller. :oops:

lol I know what you mean!

It's definitely well-built, but due to the DC's battery sitch, I didn't want to try it until I had an excuse to play for 3+ hours or so, so I didn't try it until this week (and, seeing that literally a week or 2 after it arrived, they came out with coloured controllers... that pissed me off to high hell, so it turned me off from trying it sooner lol) and those are the results.

I don't think I'll use it, unless it is a game that is more conducive to that D-Pad/Analogue sitch (like Project Justice).

Hollow Knight has been fun so far. A bit odd, but fun. Not sure why I never tried it before now. Some games I guess I figure I just missed out on and ruined for myself already, but I seem to have missed a lot about this game. And perhaps I got it confused with DLC for Shovel Knight at some point? Maybe that’s why?

The art style has grown on me more than I thought it would. I have nothing wrong against simple cutesy stuff, but had a hard time believing this would mesh well tbh. But it seems to be complimenting the sophisticated architecture very well to have characters that stand out against them. The effects and the music and sound design all work pretty well at adding to the overall atmosphere, especially the lighting.

The influences from both Metroid and Castlevania are definitely there but it very much feels like it’s own thing. Something that threw me off was being able to heal so easily, until I got my first spell and found I had to reserve energy and found I wasn’t being very careful with getting hit due to my playstyle up to this point. I’m not sure it’s my favorite system but I do enjoy it, and the consequences of dying seems fun too. Also nice that money seems useful.

I bought the Wonderboy returns. I love it, in my time (early 00s) arcades were kinda "less popular" than 90s but I used to play them in summer. I dont know why but I only played Daytona and Wonderboy, I loved it, in my point of view was hard as fuck, Idk if this is real or I was just bad, I remember I only beated the first boss.

I always wanted to play it in Steam or something, I didnt know about this remake. I love it!

Mortal Kombat 11 -- Still dabbling away. Is it just me or does this game drop inputs online more than you would like it to? I swear there are many times where it has dropped inputs more often than not.

Tekken 7 -- Still dabbling away at Tekken 7. Still learning. Always learning. Getting somewhat better.

Persona 5: Strikers (Switch) -- Been playing P5: Strikers on and off on the Switch Lite. I'm enjoying the story, but it's still just a Muso game and it does get repetitive pretty quickly.

I'm currently playing Yakuza Kiwami 2.

I've done pretty much everything EXCEPT the Pandemonium difficulty missions, some karaoke songs and the mahjong minigame.

I've been thinking whether it's worth my using Sacrificial Stones for a quick revive when the Amons manage to get the better of me.

That would indeed be a good strategy; IIRC, I saved mine for those missions as well and I was able to complete them all, so if I can do it (I'm not the greatest at the combat in the series, despite spending over something-like 600 hours on the series in total lol), ANYONE can do it.

Well Hokuto ga Gotoku (the FOTNS one) isn't nearly as long a title, though you do need to go through it twice (like the others), in order to get the platinum, so I would say that's a good start-off point. Also is the last game on the old engine, so it's a nice diversion from the Dragon Engine titles.

7 will probably take up around 90-100 hours and is a LONG (but fun and enjoyable) SLOG to platinum, but is so worth it. I would save that for last :)

Mortal Kombat 11 -- Still dabbling away. Is it just me or does this game drop inputs online more than you would like it to? I swear there are many times where it has dropped inputs more often than not.

Persona 5: Strikers (Switch) -- Been playing P5: Strikers on and off on the Switch Lite. I'm enjoying the story, but it's still just a Muso game and it does get repetitive pretty quickly.
I quit Mortal Kombat 11 a couple months or so ago but now see they have the jade costume I've been trying to get since the game released now available on Kombat League. Main problem however it's demi God rank so the grind has begun.

I lived Persona 5 but it dig drag to a point I consciously took a 3 month break before returning and completing the second half. I've been told that this Strikers game is almost as long but don't think I have the patience to endure a Muso game for 70 hours. So on the fence with this one.

Grand Theft Auto 3 -- I went back to it just for the hell of it. As much as I love it, I will say I don't think it has aged well at all. Graphics are messy at times (lots of pop in and lots of the world breaking), gun play sucks in general (it always did but it's worse than I remembered), the world feels so boring and empty and ugly too -- it's a really drab boring city when you look at it --, the story is weak as all hell and feels like the simplest of motivation to do the next thing.

I still am impressed by things it did for its time. Having a persistent streaming off disc open world of that size is a technological feat that no one should look down on.

But yeah, there is a part of me that thinks "we were really blown away by this once upon a time? Why?" I'll say it and would get laughed at by countless other forums, but I actually think Shenmue aged better than this. There are still things that really impress me about Shenmue and I don't say that as a fanboy. Which I can't entirely say for GTA III...outside of the technological achievement of streaming data off disc to make an open persistant world that is fully roam able.

But yeah, GTA 3 really doesn't hold up all that well. I love it, but yeah. Nostalgia goggles off, it's hard to remember why everyone went nuts for this game outside of the freedom to run amok on the city blowing everything up. For an open world, there really isn't much to it other than driving mission to mission or searching for hidden packages. And yet, I still have a love for it even with all that said. I am having fun playing it, but yeah, if you asked me which one aged better between Shenmue and GTA 3...I'd say Shenmue. Shenmue aged a lot better even with its flaws.

Back