What are you playing?

I'm playing Hollow Knight for the first time. Very, very fun and moody side-scrolling adventure.

I am also playing old adventure game Syberia on PS Now, which is pretty interesting and unique.

Nice. Syberia 1 & 2 are atmospheric classics like nothing else.

sQSXOVg.png

I'm not much of a gamer anymore but RE2 is one of my all time favourites. I intended to stay fully spoiler free (avoided any discussion, didn't watch trailers etc.) but the temptation to try the demo was too great. I justified it to myself by using it as an opportunity to make sure my PC could handle it okay.

Wow! Is all I can say, it's even better than I could have hoped for, from the 30 minute demo it seems like a perfect compromise between what made the original a classic and something that has mainstream AAA appeal.

Turns out my PC plays it just fine but it's been so long since I played a game like this that my nerves and ineptitude with the controls may be the thing holding me back.

Mentioned before in a few posts, but there's never too little love for Syberia! Cannot wait to get off my lazy ass to buy the third game on PS4. In fact, I should do it right now on amazon (too late to find new at best buy or gamestop) as well as grab the physical printing of Grim Fandango from Iam8bit!

Anyway, I digress... Last night played an epic 3 hours of PSOv2 in the Ruins. Forgot the Mines connect to them, so I wanna do a straight play-thru of both next week. Probably gonna be a ridiculous 4+ hour session.

Last edited:
Winding down on the last bit of Red Dead Redemption 2 and I gotta say, this may be one of my favorites games of all time. At the very least the lead character Arthur Morgan is one of my favorite characters in any sort of media. I'm wanting to hurry and finish up the story because I want to see what happens, but at the same time, I don't really want the game to end. So I hunt bears for three hours.

Still in the middle of Yakuza Kiwami 2. Loving every minute of it.

I'm heading towards the end of Shemue II. I've never appreciated the Guilin chapter before, but it's different this time. It's such a nice, peaceful bit of gaming/storytelling. It's also a very bold move to end a game with a chapter with relativity little gameplay.

And the RE2 demo was FANTASTIC. Couldn't get enough of it.

Super Smash Bros Ultimate. I literally can't stop playing this game.

Horizon Chase Turbo on Switch.

The RE 2 demo is awesome. Much better than expected. Minus the fixed camera it was very faithful to the original. It is dark, scary, you have not plenty of ammunition and the zombies can take lots of damage before they go down for good. Cannot wait to play the final game.

I made the mistake of playing the demo immediately, getting myself hyped for it, so the wait is excruciating!

I made the mistake of playing the demo immediately, getting myself hyped for it, so the wait is excruciating!
I feel your pain, I started reading a supposedly spoiler free review tonight and stopped halfway when it referenced details around game play further on in the game...

Back and forth on Assassin's Creed Odyssey, it's kind of fun but then kind of a dredge. I want to know the story (good), but feel overwhelmed and dispirited by the amount of ???? and tasks at each new map area (bad, at least for my goodie two shoes personality that just have to clean out before moving on). Not sure if I'll finish in the end. Currently at the harbour in SI, on the way to Meridian in HZD, and kicking ass with Sophitia in Soul Calibur, and either of those seems more tempting than clearing out another bandit camp.

I beat Kingdom Hearts last night, gonna get into 2 tonight hopefully...

Need to fire up Resident Evils. The hype for REmake2 has caught my attention, but refuse to see any footage or buy until I play specific order: RE-RE2-RE3-CV-RE4-RE5, which has been on my back log since 5GOLD came out. Then I'll get REmake2 next year to play REzero-REmake-REmake2-CVX.

PS

Systems for these play-thru plans will be Saturn/Dreamcast/Wii/PS3, then Wii/PS4/DC, respectively. Been meaning to do similar saga-entirety play of Yakuza from PS2 'til ps4. Finally can catch up knowing Y6 was Kiryuu's closure.

Need to fire up Resident Evils. The hype for REmake2 has caught my attention, but refuse to see any footage or buy until I play specific order: RE-RE2-RE3-CV-RE4-RE5, which has been on my back log since 5GOLD came out. Then I'll get REmake2 next year to play REzero-REmake-REmake2-CVX.

Those two outlined continuities are a good way of wrapping your head around this series canon. I can't be the only one who wonders how RE1 & REmake and RE2 & REmake2 can both coexist in one universe when they've each got their own differences.

Still on a Resident Evil binge myself. Right now finishing up Claire A/Leon B on RE2 before REmake2 arrives having recently completed Leon A/Claire B. I want each scenario fresh in my mind so I can notice what's the same/what's changed in the remake.

How about that Resi 2 remake, huh? I'm only a few hours in but I'm blown away. It's just so fucking good.

Starting it tonight, I've been waiting on this remake ever since I played RE1 Remake all those years ago just imagining a RE2 Remake. Honestly this game seems like something beyond my wildest expectations for a remake for RE2. I mean just, god damn.

And you know there's going to be some crazy fans who mod the PC version with fixed cameras.

I haven’t played a single Resi game properly, and refuse to do so til the R3Make.

I really want to play RE2 but my reluctance to go to a shop and interact with other people has stopped me. In the same way that my laziness towards pre-ordering has prevented me too.

Good to hear everyone is having fun with it though!

I haven’t played a single Resi game properly, and refuse to do so til the R3Make.

Nemesis/Last Escape being somewhat of a side story and short by today's standards, hopefully it is a DLC in the new engine. That'd be badass; loved RE3 a lot. Also hoping they do a CV remake, although it still holds up well--albeit to my biased 6th-gen blinders. Anything from DC/XBOX/GC with progressive scan still looks damn decent by my standards. PS2 not so much unless played on a fatPS3.

Resident Evil 2 Remake.

I just can't put the controller down! I'm playing Leon A and have just arrived at the Umbrella lab. Having a small break, then intend to pour a glass of wine and jump back in.

Whatever trepidation I had is gone. If this is the level of quality I can expect from future RE games, I want Capcom to remake more than just RE3.

Back