What are you playing?

Have you played 2010's Need for Speed Hot Pursuit remaster that came out in 2020? It's not open world and seems to have a really nice balance of street racer vs police dynamics.
Last NFS i played its Most Wanted. Then the series seems to be kinda shitty, but its the general opinion, I never got into it again because I was kinda saturated of the street racing genre

Last NFS i played its Most Wanted. Then the series seems to be kinda shitty, but its the general opinion, I never got into it again because I was kinda saturated of the street racing genre
The series is shitty overall lol, every single entry after PS1's NFS 3 Hot Pursuit was mediocre with exception to NFS The Run which was above average and then NFS Hot Pursuit 2010 (or now the 2020 remaster) is fantastic. Hot Pursuit 2010 is fairly universally acclaimed as the best NFS title by far if you look around a bit on feedback. It's free on EA Play/Game Pass.

The series is shitty overall lol, every single entry after PS1's NFS 3 Hot Pursuit was mediocre with exception to NFS The Run which was above average and then NFS Hot Pursuit 2010 (or now the 2020 remaster) is fantastic. Hot Pursuit 2010 is fairly universally acclaimed as the best NFS title by far if you look around a bit on feedback. It's free on EA Play/Game Pass.
Isnt Most Wanted acclaimed too? I thought it was

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

I'll be playing/trying out each of these games in the next few days. I got Bright Memory Infinite free and Game Pass for $1 which the other 4 titles are on. I'm most excited about Bright Memory Infinite. GTA San Andreas remaster looks ok, but I'm doubting it'll be anything revolutionary. I can't imagine those games have aged well. Forza Horizon 5 and Tell Me Why moderate expectations. Aragami 2 low expectations but its free.

Been playing Behold The Kickmen on Nintendo Switch. It's a football (soccer) game that's a bit different. The pitch is round for a start. It has a funny story mode that amuses my bouche.

Even just slight tweaks could have gone a long way but I’d argue this actually controls even worse as far as the shooting and locking on goes unfortunately.

Some of the visuals might look good on the surface but a lot of the finer details and textures, especially how some of the character models look with some of the different lighting effects just doesn’t sit well with me.

I have many of the same feelings about the GTA San Andreas remaster that everyone is sharing here. I'm noticing though that my biggest disappointment (if you can call it that) with it is that the game just isn't very good story wise. There's not really any reason to get invested in playing the game to even put up with the janky combat controls (glad they improved the driving controls though, GTA 5 controls are damn near flawless with car handling). It's amazing something that I thought was good in 2004 because I was much younger and it was marketed as being good I'm now looking at with eyes wide open and asking myself whats the difference between San Andreas and any other run of the mill 3rd person action game? GTA was innovative in its time in the late 90s and early 00s, but with GTA 5 aging on every level very well over the last decade, and a much better story comparatively to the older entries, there's really no reason to return to any of the entries before 5.

The Final Fantasy 7 remake. I've only ever played Final Fantasy 13 before. So far I'm enjoying it quite a lot so many games nowadays have an obvious money grab appeal where it's either focused on micro transactions or just a quick cash grab. Looks like a lot of people made a lot of effort with this game and that makes me happy.

Metroid Dread was fantastic, completed last week. Might go back for remaining items later.

Pivoted back to Mario 3D World since, I want to 100% it!

Also started Pikmin 3, first time playing a Pikmin game since a GameCube demo of the first one. Fun concept.

Still in the middle of so many others I need to get back to...Psychonauts 2, Catherine, Skyward Sword, Sonic Colors...the list goes on and on!! Glad it's a light release season, for me anyway. Nothing on my radar for awhile.

i just completed days gone on the ps5 via the ps+ collection.

i understand some of the complaints about the game but i gotta say, days gone was one of the best open world games ive played in ages. the story and "zombies" are great. i love the hordes, they can sometimes sneak up on you, which tests your skills lol.
i did get a few jump scares which is rare for me in game lol. the graphics are top notch, some of the lighting effects with gun blasts are awesome.. for example, when your in a cave being attacked by zombie, the orange muzzle flashes give the game a real horror movie vibe. .. if you like running and gunning around that probably the best way to play it as the human enemy AI is a little un responsive.

i would give it a solid 8.5/10

kinda wish i didn't listen to the bad reviews as i nearly didn't play it at all.

That's why there's one simple rule; don't listen to reviews.

If I listened to reviews, there would be a good 15 DC games that I never would've played, that are fantastic (Speed Devils, Evil Twin, the Evolutions, etc.).

If you want to take in an opinion, then sure, but to make that the basis as to whether or not you'll buy? Don't do that, you'll be punishing yourself.

I finished Zero ~Nuregarasu no Miko~ (Fatal Frame V) last week. It was pretty good. I enjoyed the story, but it seemed a bit more tame in the scares department compared to what I remember Fatal Frame II being like. It had some tense moments, but for the most part, I think it's broken up too much by the chapter intermissions, and all the pretty free coming and going from the mountain. By contrast, Fatal Frame II basically locks you in a ghost down at night, where oblivion is upon you, with no way out until you finish the game. That said, I still really enjoyed Fatal Frame V, overall (partly because Rui is now my waifu >_>). If you're like me, and enjoy Capcom's horror games, but don't find them particularly chilling, then Fatal Frame might be for you.

I've decided that I need to play more of the Fatal Frame series, so I started up the fourth game (Zero ~Tsukihami no Kamen~) the other day, and oh my fuck! After two chapters it became very clear to me that the team started to pull their punches with the fifth installment, for some reason. Fatal Frame IV is madness; Which is fitting, I guess, because it's set in something like an insane asylum, on an island where all the residents spontaneously vanished. The wiimote controls are-- not ideal, but it's just a completely different category of bone chilling madness compared to Fatal Frame V.

As a game I'm using to kind of wind down from Fatal Frame IV, I also started playing Earth Seeker on the Wii. It's a Japan only title, also, that is kind of a curious mish-mash of PSO, Rockman Dash (MML), Monster Hunter, and Dark Cloud (?). The premise is that a fleet of ships were moving house from Earth while carrying a bunch of our 'relics.' As they were nearing the new homeworld, something caused the engines on all the ships to malfunction, and the crash landings pollinated the planet with relics. As a human clone (mysteriously, all the clones to this point have been female), the main character is tasked with going out and collecting all the relics. It's a pretty interesting game, and I'm enjoying it for the most part. The combat is pretty quirky, but interesting. I'm curious about the resolutions to many of the mysteries surrounding the game's world. (inb4 the first male clone, that appears to be reacting to relics I'm collecting, is actually the big-bad, somehow.)

View attachment 13414View attachment 13415View attachment 13416View attachment 13417View attachment 13418

I'll be playing/trying out each of these games in the next few days. I got Bright Memory Infinite free and Game Pass for $1 which the other 4 titles are on. I'm most excited about Bright Memory Infinite. GTA San Andreas remaster looks ok, but I'm doubting it'll be anything revolutionary. I can't imagine those games have aged well. Forza Horizon 5 and Tell Me Why moderate expectations. Aragami 2 low expectations but its free.
Bright Memory Infinite is ok but not as good as I hoped. It's about 2 hours long so it serves nice as a tech demo but not much else. What the creator was able to do by himself is impressive none the less.

GTA San Andreas Remaster is playable again and much nicer than the original, but I didn't bother finishing this time around, the story is boring. GTA 5 is better.

Forza Horizon 5 has beautiful graphics and an amazing map but the gameplay is boring-mediocre as it always is the Forza games. This is the best one I've played, but I couldn't get into the gameplay, spent most of the time looking at the graphics.

Tell Me Why I only played a few minutes, have to get back around to it later.

Aragami 2 was waaay better than the original one, and it was much better than I anticipated, but still not worth a play through.

Back