What if Shenmue 3 Fails?

Will you stay in the Dojo?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
S4 will definitely not be an evolution in gameplay or graphics. I'm figuring it'll be more of the same. But I'm a very negative person as a rule lol.
I agree but with some tweaks and improvements. Remember the core systems from Shenmue III can now be used and they have a tonne of assets now. There should be more time for other things/story as an example.

A success or non-failure in sales would mean: Sega completely funding Shenmue 4 with Suzuki on board.
But Sega wouldn't care about Shenmue even if 3 was a mega success.
They saw a hype, and decided to use that by making a hd remaster of S1 and S2.
I agree but with some tweaks and improvements. Remember the core systems from Shenmue III can now be used and they have a tonne of assets now. There should be more time for other things/story as an example.
They also don't need to put their time and budget on some backer reward stuff.

From French Dreamcast Official Magazine (July 2001). Bigben was said to be the new publisher of Dreamcast products in Europe:
Yeah, they also published Evil Twin and one or two other late games. Headhunter? PAL Floigan Bros?

Yeah, they also published Evil Twin and one or two other late games. Headhunter? PAL Floigan Bros?
Just my opinion but the majority of the stuff BB have published has been trash for the most part. If someone disagrees with this I would be keen to read more... But I doubt it lol...
But Sega wouldn't care about Shenmue even if 3 was a mega success.
They saw a hype, and decided to use that by making a hd remaster of S1 and S2.

They also don't need to put their time and budget on some backer reward stuff.
I think they'll put something in subtlety or very small like a 'Thanks Backers' loading screen or similar...

I had this weird thought a moment ago that they might try a 'slacker backer' type scenario to drum up a bit of cash for S4. I think that might be a stupid notion mind you.

Just to reiterate as I know I go crazy with the text... I will definitely stay in the Dojo regardless of successes/failures etc etc etc.

In the short time I've been here it's clear that this a strong/respected community. I've never really been a part of anything like that really. A few failed PSO1 and PSO2 teams is all I can say I've done in terms of community so it's a pleasure to be part of the forums even in some small/silly way.

Thanks for having me 😊👍

Last edited:
Back