What other secrets have you guys activated in Shenmue 2 besides the Duck Race?

Besides the Duck Race (which I finally got around to doing it) what other secrets have you discovered in S2? I'm so lost, I've tried to search up other hidden scenes in the game but I haven't found anything.

Can you guys list them from your experience so I can learn something please?

There's the Chawan Sign added fights/cutscenes which are good.

Glad you made it to the duck race!

Like Spud, I was going to mention both the birthday and cutscenes. You may be right that S2 doesn't have as many hidden scenes (I don't have a full list or anything, so I'm uncertain), but I think the trickier thing is that some of the events/scenes can be triggered only once, or that some prevent others from happening. An example: if you win the Wong chase QTE, you fight the thugs near Beverly Hills Wharf; if you lose, you instead fight them in an eatery. It's one or the other.

It probably helps to group the secrets/cutscenes by area.
I'm pretty sure Aberdeen/Wan Chai has the most unique events (e.g., the Chawan interactions-- try using the wrong sign at various places and you may get some rough results!)
In Kowloon, the main secrets involve the ability to play Afterburner and Hang-On in some very unexpected places. So too, depending on the method you use to find Yuan, you can end up at the Moon Child Orphanage for a somewhat depressing cutscene. (Most end up seeing it, but this scene can technically be skipped.)
In Guilin, the only secret I can think of involves the path you take to get to Bailu. Shenhua's dad wants some medicine, and if you choose one path, a cutscene related to that occurs.

😯, How do you unlock that one? If it's too long to explain then dw about it.
The first one go to Lai Lai Eatery on workers pier. You get a note to go to Come Over Guest House. Go there and you get a call to go to Man Mo Park. I won't spoil the surprise.

Another is Blue Sky Beer garden.

Chawan Sign at Ling Ling Porridge or Canton Cafe gives another cool scene.

Man Mo Bistro - Come Over Guest House Note.

Bai Jiu Stand - White Dynasty Quarter. You get a scene.

Be ready for all of them as QTE may or may not happen ;)

SPOILER ALERT!!! If you had spent all your money like you were advised to before getting your bag stolen, Ryo shouldn't be acting all mad and stating that his money was stolen when in fact it wasn't. Instead of him getting upset about nothing and storming of to beat Sam and Larry's ass for no reason, Ryo, the boy scout that he is, should have said something like "thanks for returning my bag." Wong would have said something like "I'm sorry for stealing it." Then the game would continue as normal with Wong saying "If there is anything I can do to help..." and Ryo handing him the map. We all know that what Wong did was wrong. lol

You all know the spot when we first fight those two punks after chasing Wong, right? After that scene, the oldman who stayed at the Free Lodge and played some guesses with us is there sleeping. If we try talking to him, Ryo says "I will come back later".
Come back after getting all medals, he will whisper the number of fights you had including QTEs.
If the last two digits matches he wakes up and gives a random capsule toys. If the last two digits are even he gives away the exclusive Bolt Lighter, and if last two digits are odds he gives the also exclusive Mythril Lighter.
Selling the Mythril Lighter at Wise Men Qr. pawnshops give us a cassette called "Great Gospel".

You all know the spot when we first fight those two punks after chasing Wong, right? After that scene, the oldman who stayed at the Free Lodge and played some guesses with us is there sleeping. If we try talking to him, Ryo says "I will come back later".
Come back after getting all medals, he will whisper the number of fights you had including QTEs.
If the last two digits matches he wakes up and gives a random capsule toys. If the last two digits are even he gives away the exclusive Bolt Lighter, and if last two digits are odds he gives the also exclusive Mythril Lighter.
Selling the Mythril Lighter at Wise Men Qr. pawnshops give us a cassette called "Great Gospel".
WOW NICE FIND!!!!!

In addition I would like to add that even though this isn't a scene you can to to people that tell you to follow them. Talk to Wong when you have to follow him to retrieve your bag. You can learn interesting things from him and a little bit about his past, ( When the pc ha control of Ryo press RT and you will run up to Wong and then hit the A button

In addition
Thank you so much. It was pure luck tho
when you say the last numbers what do you mean let me explain further. When you say last 2 numbers even do you mean 12 as in even or something like 42 where both numbers are even

I edited my message above
Matching last two digits, even (22,44,66)
and odds (11,33,99) :)

Admins can delete these posts of mine, Im starting to feel bad. For sharing one of the most well hidden Shenmue VII secrets.

Last edited:
Besides the Duck Race (which I finally got around to doing it) what other secrets have you discovered in S2? I'm so lost, I've tried to search up other hidden scenes in the game but I haven't found anything.

Can you guys list them from your experience so I can learn something please?
This isn't anything major at all but if you open the window in the come over guest house opposite the one that you open automatically and look to the left you will see a couple of cats sleeping in the sun

When you get to the part of the game where you and Ren have to make a choice by flipping a coin. Depending on what you choose Heads or Tails depends on what pocket he chooses the coin from

When you get to the part of the game where you and Ren have to make a choice by flipping a coin. Depending on what you choose Heads or Tails depends on what pocket he chooses the coin from
Confessing I wasn't aware of this detail. That Ren...

Back