What sequels would you like to see next?

RyoHazuki84

俺が益荒男
Favourite title
Shenmue
After reviewing the underrated retro games thread, it inspired me to make this one. After many years, we're finally getting Shenmue II and Streets of Rage 4. Besides these Sega classics, what other greats deserve sequels?

Here is my list

Tobal No 3
Mark of the Wolves 2
Last Blade 3
Fighters Megamix 2
Fighting Vipers 3
Burning Rangers 2
Panzer Dragoon RPG 2
SNK Vs Capcom 2
Capcom Vs SNK 3
King of the Monsters 3

Sleeping Dogs 2
Binary Domain 2
Bulletstorm 2

All of them being next to impossible releases(Except for Bulletstorm because of the remaster)

A long time ago, I would have said Knights of the Old Republic 3.

But now with the rebooted Star Wars continuity, I doubt that would be possible. Also, even if a new game under the 'Legends' banner could somehow be permitted, I shudder to think what EA would do with the game.

Right now, my remaining dream sequel is Shenmue 4.

I'm going to second OutRun 3.

In fact, I'd take OutRun 2 again but with new tracks.

Zone of the Enders 3.
And preferably not using the whacked-out bio-organic style that they seemed to be aiming for when they announced it a few years ago (before promptly cancelling it). They made Jehuty look like some kind of Keita Amemiya-esque monster, with horns and a literal human skull on its "collarbone." And as much as I dig the works of Keita Amemiya, that's not really what I want to out of ZOE.
ZOE is supposed to be sleek, stylish, far-future sci-fi; not grungy, demonic bio-horror.
And contrary to what many seem to think, you don't necessarily need Kojima to have ZOE. The first game was almost entirely the brainchild of Noriaki Okamura, and the second game was mainly Shuyo Murata's baby; Kojima's presence as producer affected some aspects of style and all, but the core of their gameplay, stories, and direction was all the work of others. People always miscredit Kojima as the series' "creator" and act like it's only proper ZOE if he's around, but that's not the case at all.
So it could still happen, possibly. They just released the PS4/PC remaster of ZOE2, so perhaps Konami are testing the waters again.

Onimusha 5
Dino Crisis 4
Zone of the Enders 3
Prince of Persia Sands of Time sequel that ignores Warrior Within and Two Thrones.
A new Resident Evil game that is EXACTLY like the old school ones (RE1, 2, 3, 0 and Code Veronica)
Kights of the Old Republic 3

Not a sequel but: Shenmue 1 and 2 remakes (with Yu Suzuki invloved obviously) :)

Last edited:
Fatal Frame 6 but without the naff motion controls, and back on a proper console that doesn't have the word "Wii" in the title :p

Either a reboot or a sequel to the Tenchu series since it's been nine years since the last release. Combining elements from games like Hitman, Phantom Pain, and Mark of the Ninja.

Sonic Adventure 3 & Sonic Advance 4.

The Lunar RPGs need some love after Dragon Song not doing so hot.

Breath of Fire VI after V not doing so well.

Onimusha 5, though I am happy we are getting the first game for PS4.

A new Megaman X or Zero game that isn't like seven or eight.

A new Valkyrie Profile.

A new Golden Sun though I wish they'd port those over to modern platforms.

While a Binary Domain 2 would be loved by myself, how the first game ended doesn't really lend itself to a sequel.

Ryu ga Gotoku Studios should do a spiritual successor of sorts, making it a 3PS and improving upon the old formula, with more great, NEW characters and more to add to a splendid world.

The fifth one was really weak story-wise but I'd like another Broken Sword game which is actually good.

And now that the Shenmue ports are out and Shenmue 3 and Streets of Rage 4 are coming, we can dream as Sega fans, can't we?

Phantasy Star 5 would be incredible as would Skies of Arcadia 2.

Another franchise Sega could bring back is Crazy Taxi. I know the concept had kind of worn itself out in the 2000s but I have a feeling the time is right to bring that back. For Crazy Taxi 4, I wouldn't even feel ashamed blasting cheesy bands like Bad Religion and Offspring at an insane volume, singing (screaming) along such deep lyrics as "Teeeeeeeeeeeeen in tweeeeentyyyyy-ten!" and "Yaaah! Yaaah! Yaah! Yaah! Yaah!" as loud as I possibly can. You want the neighbours (and their neighbours) to enjoy the game too, right? :ROFLMAO:

Also, to bring in another non-Sega game, an Ikaruga sequel or "spiritual successor" would be brillant.

Not really a sequel but Panzer Dragoon Saga would be kind of the next "holy grail" of Sega ports/remasters. Also Shining Force 3 with all installments in English. But Sega have lost the source code to PD Saga, so that's gonna be really difficult to port.

Phantasy Star 5 would be incredible as would Skies of Arcadia 2.

Not really a sequel but Panzer Dragoon Saga would be kind of the next "holy grail" of Sega ports/remasters. Also Shining Force 3 with all installments in English.

I came into this topic to mention these, if they hadn't been already! I'm not sure which of these I'd be most excited about if they were to be announced. Fighter's Megamix 2 would be great, too.

On a different note, I'm really excited for the possibility of a second Kingdoms of Amalur. The first was just a touch short of greatness, and a sequel, or even a remaster, could fix those few little things that kept it from being as good as any Elder Scrolls.

Oh, and there's Fable IV... I love the world, humor, and atmosphere of the Fable games, and with each entry I cross my fingers and hope they can really live up to that potential. I'm not sure if a new one without Molyneux will be worse, or better!

Back