What tier did you pledge at? (Kickstarter/Slacker Backer)

$830 on KS 'Shenmue Patron' tier.

I basically backed for as much as I could afford at the time and then selected the highest tier within that amount.

$70 on a retail PS4 copy, in the event there is delay in shipping for the KS.

Plus, in related news I just spent $1000 on a PS4 Pro and 2TB Samsung SSD. My old PS4 that I got in 2015 was showing its age. So I decided to upgrade and play Shenmue 3 in the most optimal experience possible.

Its looking like the most common, (sweet spot) of the Kickstarter buy in is $300. Interesting.
Yeah, seems that way. It is a great tier, though. Obviously, higher is even better, but for me, $300 is the tier that contains everything that I felt I "had to" have when I was making that decision. It's all subjective, though, of course.

I'm a filthy slacker backer (and got on near the very end of the slacker backer period) for a physical PS4 copy. Reason I didn't go higher or earlier? My wallet and its endless screams of death and despair.

Slacker Backer. I WANTED to put money in when the Kickstarter began (I really wanted to) but, and truth be told, I was climbing my way out of CC debt and couldn't really afford it at the time :( Getting out of debt was priority number one for me at that time so wasn't really feasible with my budgeting at the time.

But once I got finances back on track, I went for the slacker backer. I only chipped in $100 which nets me the game, trial version and name in credits. But I'm still glad I chipped something in. After near 19 years of hoping and waiting, it felt good to chip in at least a little scratch to make it happen.

Slacker Backer. I WANTED to put money in when the Kickstarter began (I really wanted to) but, and truth be told, I was climbing my way out of CC debt and couldn't really afford it at the time :( Getting out of debt was priority number one for me at that time so wasn't really feasible with my budgeting at the time.

But once I got finances back on track, I went for the slacker backer. I only chipped in $100 which nets me the game, trial version and name in credits. But I'm still glad I chipped something in. After near 19 years of hoping and waiting, it felt good to chip in at least a little scratch to make it happen.
You're pretty much the same as me. I have credit card debt and money is tight because of having to pay nursery fees for the little one. My finances, though stable, were not where I wanted them to be. My wife however, having a slight idea of what the game means to me, convinced me to do the slacker backer as is was a once in a life time opportunity.

As previously mentioned, I also got the Deluxe edition as I wanted the Dragon Mirror.

$300 for my copy
$60 for two digital copies for my brother and my friend
ÂŁ70 for the collector's edition

Seeing as I rarely spend more than ÂŁ20 on a game, this shows how much I love Shenmue. Would've done $500, but 3 capsule toys for $200 didn't really sit well with me sadly.

• Shenmue 3 Kickstarter: I am Shenmue 3 tier ($1500)
  • Shenmue 3 Kickstarter: Chibi You Capsule Toy tier ($1200)
  • Shenmue 3 Kickstarter: 2 Physical Copies for my friends ($60 + $60)
  • Shenmue 3 Slacker Backer: 3 Shenmue 3 Trial ver ($100 + $100 + $100) 2 digital 1 physical
  • Addons: 2 T-Shirts ($30 + $30)
planning to get:
  • Shenmue 3 Collector Edition (U.S ver)
  • Shenmue 3 Steelbox edition
  • 3 physical copies to giveaway

Back