Which console during the early to mid 90's did you own?

SNES or Genesis

• SNES

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Genesis

Votes: 12 60.0%

• Total voters

Cyberman

Autobot
Favourite title
Shenmue
Currently playing
Super Mario Party
Nintendo Friend Code
SW-3502-0387-6323
I owned an SNES and still have mine from the early 90's.

Started on a Commadore 64 before getting a Megadrive & then a Saturn on release.

Mega drive ^^. I also had an NES never owned the Super Nintendo though but I used to borrow It from a cousin :). Other than that it was cool. Did not own a Nintendo again until Nintendo 64.

First 90's gaming memories: playing on my brother's SNES and Saturn.

Nintendo hooked me with the NES and Game Boy, so I went SNES when I could save up enough for it.

I didn't become a Sega guy until the Saturn. The guy at Funcoland kept trying to talk me out of selling my N64 to get a Saturn, but even as a young teen I knew what I wanted and don't regret it!

I had neither of them. In the early 90s I was a Gameboy only User. I did not get into console gaming before 96. My first own home console was the n64.

But the early 90s is a interesting era for gaming. I want to get into these early 90s consoles one day, so that at one point I will own a SNS and a Mega drive at some point the future.

I’ve had em at some point, but not during the 90s. At that time I had a C64, Master System, and a Game Gear (though I may as well not have had it coz the batteries lasted 15 minutes and the cable was dodgy as fuck)

I had both and a Commodore Amiga as well. Still have all my Mega Drive and SNES games.

I started off with a Master System. Then graduated onwards to a Mega Drive (NBA Jam, Mortal Kombat and Sonic ruled my life)

I wanted to be a Saturn owner but was talked into a PlayStation instead because my parents saw the writing was on the wall for Saturn (the fire sales were a dead give away that the Saturn was dead and not worth their time to buy; although I have a Saturn now as an adult and love it to pieces)

Then I bought myself a Dreamcast with the money I was earning from my first job. Loved it to no end. Still love it to no end (it still sits in my entertainment shelf hooked to the VGA port of my TV)

Then in 2002 I bought a PlayStation 2 solely for Grand Theft Auto 3, Metal Gear Solid 2, Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 and WWE Smackdown Just Bring It

I know this said 90's but I'm gonna keep it going.

In 2004, just before Resident Evil 4 was released for the GameCube; I was browsing my local K mart. I had $100 Christmas money to spend. I was going to buy some GTA knock off on PS2 but then noticed that GameCube's were being sold for $100. So I grabbed me a Gamecube in prep for Resident Evil 4 instead. Best decision I made at that time.

In 2004 I imported a PSP from Japan at launch. Say what you will about the PSP but Ridge Racer was a sight to behold on that machine. To have something that was almost the equivalent of a PS2 in a handheld was incredible.

In 2005, I got a DS Lite.

In 2006 I got a Wii for Christmas from my parents. I spent a ton of time with Wii Sports Boxing and Wii Sports Tennis. More than I ever thought I would.

In 2007, I attended an Australian Midnight Launch for the PS3...I paid a $1000 for it at launch and it was perhaps the first time I ever regretted spending that much on a gaming console. Granted the PS3 did pick up in quality throughout its lifespan but at launch it was pretty dismal and not much worth writing home about.

2008: I went to Japan for the first time and finally got my Saturn.

In 2009 I bought my first Xbox 360.

2011 and I imported a PlayStation Vita from Japan. RIP Vita, you deserved so much better.

2012 and I built a pretty nice gaming rig that has been serving me well to this day (although I am in need of a complete upgrade I think)

2013 and I bought a PlayStation 4 at launch.

2016 and I updated to a PlayStation 4 Pro.

Current year? Saving money towards a new PC.

Genesis was my first console in '93. Then I got a Dreamcast on launch day 9-9-99. Then in college in 2004 I bought a Japanese Christmas Saturn, which is beautiful.

Cut my teeth on the Genesis (my Uncle's launch day Genesis) and in the arcade, but didn't own a Genesis until 1998, New Years Eve (when my Uncle gave it to me).

Timeline is as follows:

1998: Genesis 1, along with the Sega CD 2
1999: GameBoy Pocket (for Pokingman)
2001: Saturn 1
2005: Dreamcast
2006: Master System 1
2008: SG-1000 1
2009: 32X
2010: N64
2013: PSP
2015: PS3
2017: PS4

The Sony hardware, was literally purchased for the Yakuza/Ryu ga Gotoku series and nothing else (and now, for Shenmue as well). The N64 was just to relive nostalgia with Wrestling games, Battletanx and Goldeneye. Rush 2 I own as well, though 2049 is the better game through and through (2 has a soft spot in my heart).

1996: SNES
1999: Saturn
2000: PSX
2005: PS2
2013: PS3
2015: PSP
2016: DS
2017: PC
2019: PS4

I'm not sure what years I got what so I'll just list it all in chronological order:
Atari 2600, NES, Game Boy, Genesis, Game Gear, N64, Dreamcast...

After that things get muddy cause I started making my own money and buying/trading lots of stuff, but that was after the 90s anyway...

Both but I had better access to the SNES. I also remember the day we got a PlayStation.

I'm not sure what years I got what so I'll just list it all in chronological order:
Atari 2600, NES, Game Boy, Genesis, Game Gear, N64, Dreamcast...

After that things get muddy cause I started making my own money and buying/trading lots of stuff, but that was after the 90s anyway...

We diverged in the 16-bit era! I went 2600, NES, Game Boy, SNES, N64, Saturn, Dreamcast...

I had been a Nintendo kid ever since I laid eyes on an NES, and still prefer the SNES to the Genesis, but man, Sega just wowed with their creativity in the Saturn and Dreamcast years. The N64 was, and still, strikes me as rather mundane (albeit with some timeless classics), while the Saturn that sales clerk tried to discourage me from getting is still much beloved.

Had a Commodore 64 as far back as I can remember but in Christmas of 1988, my brothers and I got a NES. In October 1992, we get a Genesis and in Christmas 94, we got a Super Nintendo (this was after my mom started working again rather than just my dad supporting the family). In May of 1996 we got a PS1 and an N64 at launch. In May of 1997, we got a Saturn on major sale and in May of 1999, we got a Japanese Dreamcast

Back