Which Shenmue II characters should appear in the game?

Nemesis

Nozomi Amore
Which ones would you miss if they don't show up.

Xiuying? Master Baihu? Guizhang (as a character that did have to accompany you to China at first)?

I'd personally love to see Joy in the third entry. I think they showed too much of her in the first hour of gameplay and then forgot her. I really love the character.

Obviously not talking about Ren or Shenhua xD

I think pretty much every character up to this point besides Ryo, Ren, Shenhua, Xiuying, Chai, Lan Di and Guizhang are done and won't be seen again. Luckily Ren and Xiuying are my two favorite characters, haha. Can't wait to see them again.

I really miss Xiuying if she won't be in the game. I think it is not sure we meet her again in S3 or were there some hints that she might appear again that I missed..

I've a sneaking suspicion Xiuying will appear again. Even if it's in flashbacks. Her brother is integral for 3 in my opinion so I'm sure she will make an appearance.

I'd love to see Guizhang finally catch up to Ryo.

I hope Xiuying re-appears to teach Ryo a lesson once again. "I see you're still on the path of revenge. I warned you about this."

I have to agree with spud. It would also be nice to see Guizhang again. Would also be great if we could learn more about the Chen family in general. They seem to know about the prophecy so they could be of some use for the further storyline.

I keep thinking about the CGI from Shenmue Online and how it kinda implies Joy has a major role and feel that if she was important enough to have a plot for Shenmue Online it is more than cruel she isnt in Shenmue 3.

I think pretty much every character up to this point besides Ryo, Ren, Shenhua, Xiuying, Chai, Lan Di and Guizhang are done and won't be seen again. Luckily Ren and Xiuying are my two favorite characters, haha. Can't wait to see them again.
You'll be playing Shenmue 4. Ryo is beaten when confronting Lan Di. Cool Z and Tom appear and finish Ryo's revenge in an ultimate scene of friendship while Iwao's word about friends sound at the background xD

As much as I'd love to see Gui Zhang and Xuiying in Shenmue III, I'm not convinced we will. :(

That would bum me out. At least some flashbacks or something showing them on their way. If we meet Ziming they have to at least put in some flashback for Ryo of Xiuying or maybe a story piece from Ziming telling his side of what went down when he left her.

On a side note, do you guys think Ren will come on his own or will he bring some crew? Never really thought about that but he is the leader of the Heavens after all.

That would bum me out. At least some flashbacks or something showing them on their way. If we meet Ziming they have to at least put in some flashback for Ryo of Xiuying or maybe a story piece from Ziming telling his side of what went down when he left her.

On a side note, do you guys think Ren will come on his own or will he bring some crew? Never really thought about that but he is the leader of the Heavens after all.
This is part of the excitement. We know Ren is coming (and playable I think) but would he bring anyone. Joy maybe? Or would he go it alone.

Pretty much all the Shenmue 2 characters, they’re all so great but it wouldn’t make sense for them to be there. I have a feeling story-wise we haven’t seen the last of Xiuying.
I'm looking forward to seeing Xiuying too. The project Berkley trailer shows Lan Di beating her ass so I expect her to show up in some capacity in the third game because of this. This is the game where Lan Di will finally find out that Ryo has the other mirror and him beating Xiuying is probably because he's trying to force her to tell him where Ryo's located.

I guess what I'm fearing, and I admit it is probably totally irrational, is that the story has been rewritten to some extent. While it seems unlikely, it's possible Xuiying won't play a role from here on out.

I'm not sure why I fear this, though, considering Suzuki seemed to make up his mind from the beginning of the Kickstarter that he wouldn't condense the rest of the story to fit into Shenmue III, which was the plan at one point some 15 or 16 years ago. This is comforting, but I'm keeping expectations low on which characters I'm expecting to see again in Shenmue 3.

As for Ren's crew, can you imagine Cool Z bumping his boombox outside some adobe huts in Bailu Village? I'd be into it.

I guess what I'm fearing, and I admit it is probably totally irrational, is that the story has been rewritten to some extent. While it seems unlikely, it's possible Xuiying won't play a role from here on out.

I'm not sure why I fear this, though, considering Suzuki seemed to make up his mind from the beginning of the Kickstarter that he wouldn't condense the rest of the story to fit into Shenmue III, which was the plan at one point some 15 or 16 years ago. This is comforting, but I'm keeping expectations low on which characters I'm expecting to see again in Shenmue 3.

As for Ren's crew, can you imagine Cool Z bumping his boombox outside some adobe huts in Bailu Village? I'd be into it.

So into it! All the villagers would be gawking. Speaking of which, I cannot wait for snarky Ren dialouge regards everything they come across.

I think Xiuying must be there, in some form or another. So happy Suzuki-san has left the condensed idea behind.

Hard to say, but there’s something romantic about keeping most past characters in the past to keep each piece of the saga special...I’m actually looking forward to meeting 400-500+ new characters...past characters making reappearances may be more appropriate later in the saga for Shenmue IV & V...when we can reflect on how far we’ve come on our journeys...

I'd love to see Xiuying again. But realistically? I don't think we'll see any of them again outside of Ren. Logistically it wouldn't make much sense for Joy or Wong to travel to Bailu. Although I guess Joy has connections to Master Chen but I don't really see her in Shenmue III. Logistically it makes no sense to see anyone (outside of Master Chen's son maybe) from Yokosuka just suddenly show up in Bailu. Xiuying is about the only one I could realistically see showing up in Shenmue III since her brother and his ties to the Chi You Men. So I would love if they're keeping Xiuying as a nice little "surprise" in Shenmue III. Maybe Guizhang might show up somewhere as well considering his connections to the mirror and such.

But I really don't think you'll see any of them outside of Ren again in III.

Which is kind of okay by me, I like the fact that this is a game that has you travelling to new places and always meeting new characters. It's akin to what happens in the real world when you travel a lot. You're always gonna meet new faces and chances are they may only ever be in your life for a short time and you may never see them again.

Goro might return, but i hope this time he's got kids and owns his own hotel and is generous and gives Ryo and even Ren free cash for capsule toys and food etc.

Back