Who DIDN'T get it early?

Favourite title
Shenmue II
Soo many here already got the game by Saturday at the very least... So this is the opposite side of the spoiler thread.
If you didn't get it early, post here! Tell us what you tried to get it.

I’ve pre-ordered the PS4 digital version and will be only able to play on Tuesday.

It’s so fucking frustrating having an entire Sunday to play it and not being capable of due to the lock on the game. If there was only a way to cheat the countdown... hahahaha

I have the digital preorder running on Xbox One but only did so because I wanted a safety net.

Decided against any "real" preorders because I never had good luck with those arriving even on the day of release, let alone earlier.
I've been looking at stores that have games since Tuesday because why not. Had luck twice in the past with finding L.A. Noire Remaster and Sonic Forces early just lying around with the other games. Well, that was only one day but I hope I can at least get the same thing happening with Shenmue now. Tomorrow must be it...

Well, I wanted a physical copy for my collection, so I just pre-ordered at EB Games. Unfortunately, EB Games is a lot more strict then they used to be about breaking street dates. So, I'll have to wait until the store opens on Tuesday before I can get my copy.

Not too worried though, in the past I've always treated Shenmue as a slow burn experience. Most of you will probably be done before I even make it to Shenmue II.

I have mine pre ordered at Gamestop, and have been wondering if they might release it early, to compete with the digital releases. I've heard rumors that select Gamestop stores are doing that. I haven't called due to the disappointment I'd feel if they said they aren't doing so

I have mine pre ordered at Gamestop, and have been wondering if they might release it early, to compete with the digital releases. I've heard rumors that select Gamestop stores are doing that. I haven't called due to the disappointment I'd feel if they said they aren't doing so
Interesting. I wonder if I should give my store a call tomorrow night...

Still nothing in here. Checked Amazon and still no shipment. Expected day of arrival is actually later than the 21st. SMH Amazon. Ugh. I was gonna pick a copy from a store anyways cause i'm going out of town on the 21st but it would have been convenient for me if it came early. I originally pre ordered on Amazon to take advantage of the discount but apparently even that they removed so eugh. My Amazon days are numbered.

Well, I pre-ordered from Amazon for one thing. For another, I'm on vacation this week (booked it in May before the release date was announced). So it'll be a week from yesterday before I can even get it installed. Still, I'm enjoying everyone's impressions until then.

Pretty much everyone in America. im sure there will be many that get their copies in the mail monday as well though. I pre-ordered at the store so I will pick it up tuesday.

Yeah not much people would get one before release day in America. My orders say Arriving Tuesday, but show no signs of being shipped yet. Oh well.

The physical copy which we ordered here didn't arrive early. We also preordered the Steam version.

Still nothing in here. Checked Amazon and still no shipment. Expected day of arrival is actually later than the 21st. SMH Amazon. Ugh. I was gonna pick a copy from a store anyways cause i'm going out of town on the 21st but it would have been convenient for me if it came early. I originally pre ordered on Amazon to take advantage of the discount but apparently even that they removed so eugh. My Amazon days are numbered.
This also happened to me when I preordered Deus Ex : Mankind Divided and another game before that. Both were guaranteed to arrive just before or on release day but they arrived more than a week later.

I think some New Yorkers got it, but yeah, not many Americans have it

Steam, so I don't have a choice :p

Besides having to wait for Steam, I've actually decided to wait for a definitive Shenmue3 release date.
I'll play the remasters 3-4 weeks before S3 is available.

Last edited:
ordered on Steam so still waiting.

Back