Will Shenmue III Be A Bugfest At Release?

Shenmue III will be?

• A Buggy Mess.

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Have some bugs, but still stable.

Votes: 28 38.9%
  • A mostly flawless experience.

Votes: 16 22.2%
  • You're worrying too much, get a girlfriend or something, dude.

Votes: 14 19.4%
  • Polished with minor imperfections.

Votes: 18 25.0%

• Total voters
Frankly, none of us really knows how big the production team is. Surely it’s not the size of AM2 in its prime, but i doubt its the size of six people in a boiler room either. I think Neilo alone is fairly sizable.

Is Neilo still involved in Shenmue 3? I don't think we've really heard anything from them or about them since the KickStarter.

I'm assuming it will be less polished than the Dreamcast games, but still stable and not a mess in any way...

But really this is just guessing with absolutely nothing to help me come to that conclusion other than a hunch...

Frankly, none of us really knows how big the production team is. Surely it’s not the size of AM2 in its prime, but i doubt its the size of six people in a boiler room either. I think Neilo alone is fairly sizable.

At an absolute minimum there are no less than 50 people working on Shenmue 3. However I would wager that the actual number is closer to 90 (and if we are lucky, even higher).

Yu canceled an almost completed game before because they couldn't get it to work near flawlessly. I'm not worried.(y):geek:

Which game? PsyPhi?

Also, slightly OT, but I keep hearing about Awesome Japan fallout, but I've never learned what actually happened??

99% AAA games have a very hard time being exempt from being bug fests, much less indie games from devs that werent used to modern tools and had to completely relearn and think about how games are developed.

I believe there will be a substantial amount of bugs, but I dont believe they will impact the story or entainment value of the game.

How was the handling poor? I truly am in the dark. Wasn't posting here anymore for over a decade and only casually lurked from the kickstarter til HD announcement. Generally in life I keep myself out of superfluous drama, so I totoally missed the reasoning, but did hear about their termination as soon as they were let go.

How was the handling poor? I truly am in the dark. Wasn't posting here anymore for over a decade and only casually lurked from the kickstarter til HD announcement. Generally in life I keep myself out of superfluous drama, so I totoally missed the reasoning, but did hear about their termination as soon as they were let go.

IIRC, they held a poll to ask if KS backers would be okay with Slacker Backers having access to the same rewards as the KS backers. The results of the poll indicated that a majority KS backers were okay with this. Then Awesome Japan announced that they would *not* be offering the same rewards to Slacker Backers.

On the face of it, it seemed to many people that AJ was disregarding the results of the poll. However, it might also be true that since there were some respondents who were not okay with allowing Slacker Backers to have the same "exclusive" rewards (in other words, it wasn't unanimous, or a landslide in favor of it) then AJ was trying to honor the feelings of those people. Someone correct me if I'm mis-remembering things.

Personally it didn't seem like a big deal to me either way, but people were already upset about AJ's amateurish videos and updates with typos and awkward phrasing, so it was one more thing that added to people's frustrations with them.

Alright, thanks. Seems melodramatic, but whatever. Sorry for the thread hijack.

My vote, btw, is whatever fits my view: Yu Suzuki wouldn't allow a buggy game, but there are bound to be some for a patch fix and some might always stay and be fun to exploit like in the first two games. Chose the second, third and fifth options in the poll.

IIRC, they held a poll to ask if KS backers would be okay with Slacker Backers having access to the same rewards as the KS backers. The results of the poll indicated that a majority KS backers were okay with this. Then Awesome Japan announced that they would *not* be offering the same rewards to Slacker Backers.

On the face of it, it seemed to many people that AJ was disregarding the results of the poll. However, it might also be true that since there were some respondents who were not okay with allowing Slacker Backers to have the same "exclusive" rewards (in other words, it wasn't unanimous, or a landslide in favor of it) then AJ was trying to honor the feelings of those people. Someone correct me if I'm mis-remembering things.

Personally it didn't seem like a big deal to me either way, but people were already upset about AJ's amateurish videos and updates with typos and awkward phrasing, so it was one more thing that added to people's frustrations with them.
Yeah and to be honest the page was a mess from jump street. Issues about outside funding not being transparent and other wording/translation issues that confused a lot of people. Not really a big deal, but still kinda sad to watch...

The whole Kickstarter felt very amateurish compared to other high profile campaigns like Bloodstained. From the graphic design to the updates, it just wasn't good. The Twitch was real shit show. I wish they'd do another Twitch or Reddit, though. Would be fun to get to ask Yu a couple questions.

Not quite true. The poll didn't show a majority of KS backers were ok with it at all. That's the issue, their interpretation of the poll, whilst technically correct, wasn't understood by backers. In order to be considered a majority, a result has to receive more than 50% of the vote, not just the most votes. I can't remember the exact figures, but let's say 'YES' got 37%, NO got 30% and 'DON'T KNOW' got 33%, that cannot be considered unanimous, therefore to save face, they honoured the original agreement that certain rewards would be 'Kickstarter exclusive.'

Honestly, I was fine with it either way and voted that those rewards should be offered to slacker backers, but the reaction was so over the top and melodramatic. I understand where they were coming from. Certain items were marketed as KS exclusive items, so offering them after the KS ended would be considered controversial in most instances... Of course, the opposite was also controversial. Stuck between a rock and a hard place. Yes, Awesome Japan were amateur as fuck and yes, they really should have kept it a binary 'yes' or 'no' vote so that the result was clear cut, but whatever... we got over it.

Back