Will Shenmue III Be A Bugfest At Release?

Shenmue III will be?

• A Buggy Mess.

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Have some bugs, but still stable.

Votes: 28 38.9%
  • A mostly flawless experience.

Votes: 16 22.2%
  • You're worrying too much, get a girlfriend or something, dude.

Votes: 14 19.4%
  • Polished with minor imperfections.

Votes: 18 25.0%

• Total voters
Not quite true. The poll didn't show a majority of KS backers were ok with it at all. That's the issue, their interpretation of the poll, whilst technically correct, wasn't understood by backers. In order to be considered a majority, a result has to receive more than 50% of the vote, not just the most votes. I can't remember the exact figures, but let's say 'YES' got 37%, NO got 30% and 'DON'T KNOW' got 33%, that cannot be considered unanimous, therefore to save face, they honoured the original agreement that certain rewards would be 'Kickstarter exclusive.'

Honestly, I was fine with it either way and voted that those rewards should be offered to slacker backers, but the reaction was so over the top and melodramatic. I understand where they were coming from. Certain items were marketed as KS exclusive items, so offering them after the KS ended would be considered controversial in most instances... Of course, the opposite was also controversial. Stuck between a rock and a hard place. Yes, Awesome Japan were amateur as fuck and yes, they really should have kept it a binary 'yes' or 'no' vote so that the result was clear cut, but whatever... we got over it.
I just wish they would clarify this issue as to whether or not Kickstarter physical copies will the be the same or different from slacker physical copies...

Is Neilo still involved in Shenmue 3? I don't think we've really heard anything from them or about them since the KickStarter.
I haven't heard otherwise. I feel like I've heard them mention Tak Hirai's involvement in recent interviews.

Think this guy posts here. Tak Hirai kind of, sort of acknowledged Shenmue 3 in his response.

Just trying to find out if he even acknowledges Shenmue 3. Seems he kind of does based on his response to your response. I’m sure he’s working on it. Yours is the last message I can find on Twitter addressed to him regarding Shenmue 3!

Last edited:
Back