Yu visiting China?

I couldn't download the video, but I took some screenshots and it seems to be much better quality than the video we got on the KickStarter and YouTube.

Attachments

• trailer3.jpg
    trailer3.jpg
    387.7 KB · Views: 53
  • trailer2.jpg
    trailer2.jpg
    437.1 KB · Views: 62
  • trailer1.jpg
    trailer1.jpg
    456.4 KB · Views: 60
Exciting prospects... Yu-san may very well have some very good news for the new gaming capital of the world

Xiamen is close to the Fujian Tulou which are the main inspiration for Baisha:

I was thinking of a trip soon, may have to leave it for March, if I'd known sooner that Yu was going in December I would have planned my Xmas holidays differently :p

Nice find. Shenmue III will support simplified Chinese subtitles according to the Steam page, so hopefully Yu has the chance to promote the game.

I suppose the question now is if he's bringing any new or unreleased media with him. Personally, I'd wager screens if we're lucky.

I hope this is not a dream. Can't wait to see what happens on that day.

Don't get your hopes up... I very much doubt anything of significance will happen or be shared.

Last edited:
Oh, I know we musn't… but it gets me the Shenmue giddys!

Still hoping to see that Warehouse fighting scene in action soon...

Well, and I'm sorry for being offensive haha, but I fail to see why a random event in China would be perceived as a decent time to reveal news or make any kind of big announcement. If the best they could show off at Magic Monaco was four new "screenshots" (*cough* concept art *cough*), then I have my doubts much will be revealed at this event.

But as ever, I hope I am wrong and I am optimistic for Shenmue 3's release in 10 months.

Don't get your hopes up... I very much doubt anything of significance will happen or be shared.
Finally confirming and promoting Shenmue III for the Chinese market is a big deal IMO, because it exposes the game to an enormous audience that could help secure the future of the series. If that's the good news Yu has to share, it's important, even if it is already a given considering the subtitling support.

In terms of new media I mostly agree, but Shenmue III's marketing has proven unpredictable in the past, and edging closer to release I don't think we can truly take anything for granted.

I like to keep an eye on the Shenmue III SteamDB page, which has been active in the last 24 hours. Valve can do periodical changes to their back-end that affect the update history on SteamDB (as a large batch of games under the same changenumber), but if I'm understanding correctly, if the changenumber only contains the game you're tracking it means the app is being updated on the developer side.

The application has been updated three times within a space of a day. This is still not hugely out of the ordinary for a game in development (REmake 2, which ships in January, has updated builds every few hours), but if it continues it might be a sign the PC build is getting a lot of attention, possibly to make it stable enough to show in the near future, or just because Ys Net are doing a sprint on that version of the game.

SteamDB won't be a clear indicator of what's really going on behind the scenes, so none of us should get too invested in it, but if the next two weeks reveal a pattern... well you never know. I'm more optimistic about MAGIC next year than this, but I wouldn't write it off yet either.

Well, and I'm sorry for being offensive haha, but I fail to see why a random event in China would be perceived as a decent time to reveal news or make any kind of big announcement.
We have seen new material from Chinese events before. But I do tend to agree, expectations in check!

That being said, I'm excited to see what the 16th holds.

I'm excited to see what new information Yu-san might share on the 16nth about Shenmue 3 even if he only shows new screenshots it would make me happy.

Back