Yu visiting China?

I think that's what's implied.

Moved to Shenmue 1 and 2 forums as that's what looks to be the topic origin.

If Shenmue 1 and 2 have been released in China then this is really good news. It would be interesting to know how well it does.

Hopefully someone will post sales figures in the upcoming months.

Those are tickets to Yu Suzuki's appearance for Shenmue III at the GCores event, so I imagine the thread was intended as a belated duplicate of this.

As I recall, Shenmue I & II was scheduled for release in China on August 22nd, the day after most other markets.

So Shenmue 1 and 2 have been released for the PS4 in China?

Yes, it was released back in August like Let's Get Sweaty mentioned. It seems to be the same version released in other Chinese territories like Hong Kong and Taiwan.

Shenmue-HD-China.png

http://asia.sega.com/shenmue1-2/cht/products.html

@Guppy: The game you posted is the Hong Kong/SoutheastAsia/Taiwan version. It's says "Traditional Characters" in the upper left corner. I have a physical copy of this version. Also the page you linked is in traditional characters. Playstation's official website for Mainland China is in simplified characters.

While I wouldn't rule out Sega releasing a version in traditional characters in Mainland China entirely, it would seem a bit odd.

I think gamers from other parts of China could still buy the Hong Kong version as most Mainland people have no trouble reading traditional characters. But let's hope S1 & 2 were officially released in China.

Can some forum members from Mainland China please confirm about the PC and PS4 version?

On a side note: If my memory is correct, S3's Chinese trailer was subtitled with simplified characters.

Back