An annoucement about shenmue is coming ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point I'm going to go with full remakes of the first two games (since he mentioned a decent budget and that they weren't ports), or Shenmue 3 story DLC to tie in to Shenmue 4.

Your Shenmue Remake is going well then?

A bit of side topic @LemonHaze, I kinda want to get into Unreal but it seems daunting (pure backend progammer here and a bit of empty project panic syndrome ) and the unreal learning videos aside of the engine kickstarter series the other were quite targeted to 3d artists/level designers... . If you have any tips/pointers it would be great and I would really appreciate it.

It will come. The last remaining pieces of the original two games are being implemented right now, which is just the animations. Everything else has been covered, though.

It's really hard to say one thing or another with what you've said, but do you already have game development experience, for example with another engine? If so, then practically all of the concepts/methodologies will carry over, you'll just have to get familiarised with the new naming conventions etc which Epic use.

I started my UE experience with UE3 when Kismet and UnrealScript was a big thing. So going into UE4, it was also a bit of a steep learning curve, because what was mostly done in UnrealScript had to be transferred over to UE4C++.. which is better anyways, but still had a little bit of a learning curve which is kinda unavoidable when it comes to learning any new API.

What is it exactly you're looking to do? If you have previous game development experience, you could potentially join the team as some of our team members have had no prior UE experience but are still able to help out. I dedicate roughly 90% of my spare time to something Shenmue-related, so I'm always around.

Man you can't just say that and not elaborate. 👀

It will come for sure. I'll setup a thread at some point... and there may be some teaser-esque release before then...

Cedric mentioned Saturday, which DG hadn’t mentioned in any of his tweets (he just said this weekend). His comments about saying too much also suggest he knows what’s going on. As far as I’m concerned, it’s a certainty at this point.

Yeah, it's real. But as Cédric pointed out, unless he's actually working on the project and wants to tease, he's giving away too much info.

Yeah, it's real. But as Cédric pointed out, unless he's actually working on the project and wants to tease, he's giving away too much info.
I get what you mean, but as a leaker, that’s kind of his job. Unless he’s on the payroll and has signed an NDA he can pretty much give away as much as he chooses to (although this could potentially land his source in a spot of bother).

I get what you mean, but as a leaker, that’s kind of his job. Unless he’s on the payroll and has signed an NDA he can pretty much give away as much as he chooses to (although this could potentially land his source in a spot of bother).

You have a point. I don't have anything against leakers or people teasing on social networks, as long as there is no negative impact on the announcement/project. (y)

Updated Date: 2020-08-12T00:25:31Z
Creation Date: 2020-08-12T00:25:30Z

Ok, I'm done digging up nonsense. except I'm not. When I google it it takes me to a restricted Facebook group. :p
Shenmue world: Shenmue VR where you walk around dobuita in first person and go through the entirety of shenmue 1 :cool:

My guess: it's just a random domain name squatter. It's the only one on that list that was created recently, though I'm not sure I clicked every single URL. I got bored.

You have a point. I don't have anything against leakers or people teasing on social networks, as long as there is no negative impact on the announcement/project. (y)
In his defense, I think this guy has been pretty restrained when it comes to what he’s given us. It very much feels as though this information has been leaked to him intentionally to build up hype though rather than somebody lower down in the project spilling the beans.

Aren't the Guys at Koch Media responsible for publishing the Movie Parasite on Netflix !?
Maybe they have got a hand on all of this !?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back