An annoucement about shenmue is coming ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which companies has Sega out-sourced to recently? I am doing the rounds on Twitter to see if anyone's following anything related to Shenmue. It seems like folks always discover secrets like these based on the most mundane things, whether it's a new account with Shenmue in the name or w/e.

I NEED A LIFE.
SHENMUE IS LIFE!!!!!

If it is an anime or live action adaptation, my main concern would be that it could eventually overtake the game series and in turn kill the fans’ and Yu’s enthusiasm for continuing the games.

There’s no way that whoever is funding this is doing so just to please the 50,000 or so fans and plans on telling an incomplete story and so, assuming it’s successful, I think there’s a very real possibility of the show overtaking the games unless S4 is already in production or it goes into production very soon.

As a fan of the ASOIAF books, I really hope we don’t see a repeat.

But the question remains: Why not properly fund Shenmue 4 in the first place? Or am I complaining now?

Well, sometimes spin offs and alternative media can be less risky and revitalise interest in a franchise. You could ask why did Sega bother making a Sonic film instead of concentrating on a new Sonic game. Maybe a Shenmue comic or anime backed by a big company will do very well.

Well, sometimes spin offs and alternative media can be less risky and revitalise interest in a franchise. You could ask why did Sega bother making a Sonic film instead of concentrating on a new Sonic game. Maybe a Shenmue comic or anime backed by a big company will do very well.
You know it's weird to think, but you may be on to something. The success of the Sonic movie might've inspired this.

Have I seriously been working on a project in which SEGA might now be releasing their own version of? fml
Man you can't just say that and not elaborate. 👀

At this point the guy’s got to be telling the truth. Usual rumor mongers spit out nonsense and disappear. He even committed to a date.

Again I haven’t looked into the veracity of his other claims so take my comments with a grain of salt but if no announcement comes by this weekend he could always say the announcement got delayed. I do admit the fact he stuck to a specific timeframe is unusual.

The good thing is we will find out sooner rather than later.

Last edited:
Have I seriously been working on a project in which SEGA might now be releasing their own version of? fml
Your Shenmue Remake is going well then?

A bit of side topic @LemonHaze, I kinda want to get into Unreal but it seems daunting (pure backend progammer here and a bit of empty project panic syndrome ) and the unreal learning videos aside of the engine kickstarter series the other were quite targeted to 3d artists/level designers... . If you have any tips/pointers it would be great and I would really appreciate it.

If it is a Netflix series or something similar for re-vitalizing the series and retelling the story to the point where III left us... then it is definitely a good thing and could give us the final push that would get the series complete in video games... I mean... I never thought of it that way... but honestly IV I can see, but V without an extra push or something would be difficult to achieve...

okay i am going nuts right now. calming down by listening to the Shenmue Vinyl!:giggle:

One thing to note is that Yu Suzuki has been pretty quiet these days. I'm wondering what his involvement is in whatever they've got cooking up?

lol Looks like my post might be correct then! It does make sense :D
Post #791:-
I was thinking about this too. If it was an anime or manga, I wonder if Shibuya Productions is involved in someway. I know that Cedric said on Twitter that he has no idea about all this, but at the same time, that's Shibuya Productions main gig right? Creating new anime/manga/TV series with older IPs, specifically Japanese ones?

This is going to be fucking awesome if so!

At this point, I think it would be wise/fair to stop poking at the leaker/and or Cedric. The leak has created a buzz which is good, but at the same time knowing too much would ruin not only the surprise, but also the impact the announcement.

Last edited:
lol. Cedric's never gonna say, "Oh yeah, we're working on a top secret project" if you Tweet him, so I was never worried about that. Nice to see him confirm it now, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back