Random Shenmue IV Thoughts.

Ah so THAT'S where that still of Yu was pulled from. This is very intriguing stuff đź‘€
Part of me wonders whether they just got Yu in the video for extra clout, but to lead with him in what is supposed to be a showcase of the studio’s upcoming games just seems like far too odd a choice if that’s the case. The more I think about it, the more convinced I am that something is happening between 110I and YSNet and, actually, I think S4 seems a lot more likely than Yu helping out on another project and not being the director. Time will tell, I suppose.

Part of me wonders whether they just got Yu in the video for extra clout, but to lead with him in what is supposed to be a showcase of the studio’s upcoming games just seems like far too odd a choice if that’s the case. The more I think about it, the more convinced I am that something is happening between 110I and YSNet and, actually, I think S4 seems a lot more likely than Yu helping out on another project and not being the director. Time will tell, I suppose.
It is a little odd to have him open the showcase like that without directly stating why or what he's attached to. It certainly feels kinda like a little tease that a Yu Suzuki / 110 project is in the pipeline, or at least implying he's around. Gets the conspiracy wheels turning for sure and I would absolutely love for it to turn out that 110 are funding and putting out Shenmue IV, of course.

Some extra bits and pieces: 110's Shenmue related twitter follows included Yu Suzuki, YS Net, THQ Nordic and Sega.

110 reportedly received 20 million in funding from billionaire investors associated with The Games Fund (funded in part by Embracer). No matter what all this means, its good to see Yu in what seems to be a well funded, ambitious environment.

We know they were shopping around for someone..lot of mystery here, but something could be brewing.

The Twitter follows of Sega, Ys, etc. are awfully convenient. Also, this group seems comprised of a lot of veterans of fighting genres, which is where Shenmue III was found lacking compared to the previous entries.

Lots of positives if something is in the works here.

They’re working on two other games

• Red Goes Faster: As for this title, little information has been revealed, other than that it is a sci-fi racing game, which contrasts exhilarating racing with a story characterized by a love triangle, and which will be released in 2024.
In the video Yu said he loved Sci Fi and Fantasy from a young age .... could this be YsNet's project?

It seems like everyone else in the video is involved in something with that studio. How random & strange, to just lead in with Yu Suzuki and not even really mention his relevance to the rest of the presentation.

The three projects are separated/introduced by region, with Yu coming under Japan, so realistically there are only three possibilities.

1. Yu is working on Wanted: Dead, which is the studio’s only announced game being developed in Japan.
2. Yu is working on an unannounced game for the studio.
3. Yu was included for clout and/or because the “Japan” section of the showcase was too short.

Last edited:
I don't know why he'd be involved in an action game developed by ex Team Ninja members, though I do seem to remember him being pretty friendly with the Tecmo dude at one point, tbut I suppose I don't know why he'd be involved in any of the three games listed lol.

I don't know why he'd be involved in an action game developed by ex Team Ninja members, though I do seem to remember him being pretty friendly with the Tecmo dude at one point, tbut I suppose I don't know why he'd be involved in any of the three games listed lol.
Yeah. His inclusion in the video is pretty strange. To be brutally honest, I don’t think YSNet brings much to the table as a developer, given that the majority of the staff are seemingly contract workers and fairly inexperienced ones at that. The only real advantage to working with YSNet is working with Yu himself, but I don’t see him agreeing to work as a deputy to somebody who he is, again, no disrespect intended, far more accomplished than.

Logic would therefore suggest that he has nothing to do with Wanted: Dead (or either of the other two recently announced games).

Having more experienced developers(particularly with engines and fighting games) collaborate to make Shenmue IV more of the AAA feel of the olden games compared to III is a possibility here.

Let's see if Cedric or anyone else chimes in soon.

The racing game + the love triangle thing certainly gives me shades of Yu Suzuki, but I genuinely hope if he's involved he's just consulting and focused on SIV. :\ But if it looks awesome I'll be as hyped as anyone else, so :).

Mosti info I've found so far:

In Red Goes Faster, players take on the role of Leon Garcia, an aspiring young racer who takes part in intergalactic races by day and explores his home planet of Keplar by night. Players will spend their time between races visiting a rich variety of establishments where they will hang out with Leon’s friends and find themselves trying to untangle a complicated love triangle.

Racing is Leon’s only way off his home planet of Keplar, a world that once seemed full of promise. Prospective colonists were promised an exciting new life complete with wellness programs, office perks, health insurance and a whole lot more by the corporations preparing to profit from the planet. Then they realised Keplar was worthless. The promises of an idyllic new life evaporated and the corporations headed back home.

Leon’s grandparents were among those that made the decision to stay, but he wants out. His road to winning the Keplar Super Trofeo will be complicated by his high school rival and his relationship with his ex-girlfriend, but he’s determined that he won’t miss his only chance to get off this rock.

“We are really excited to be bringing Red Goes Faster to PS5, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch and PC,” said Sergei Kolobashkin, Founder and Creative Director at 110 Industries. “The mix of racing and adventure that the game offers is really bringing something new to the table and we can’t wait to share more details.”

Twitter: https://twitter.com/110industries
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/110industries/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/110industries/

About 110 Industries
110 Industries is a company that develops, publishes, and distributes video games for gaming consoles and cloud gaming services; provides strategic, transparent and tailored solutions for successful long-term investments on the video game market.

During the press rounds for the anime someone asked Yu about IV:

Finally, Yuu Suzuki was asked about the development status of Shenmue IV. Suzuki eagerly responded, “I guess it’s a situation where I’m ready to go whenever I have the chance to do it.”

During the press rounds for the anime someone asked Yu about IV:

Finally, Yuu Suzuki was asked about the development status of Shenmue IV. Suzuki eagerly responded, “I guess it’s a situation where I’m ready to go whenever I have the chance to do it.”
Damn, sounds like it's not in development.

That answer reminds me of what he used to say in the great limbo post Shenmue 2

Back