Random Shenmue IV Thoughts.

I had a weird Shenmue 4 dream. It was set back in Japan somehow and Chai had at least 3 separate fights with Ryo. Most of the game was set in the harbor...

My inner voice in the dream was confused by the setting of the game, especially since Yu confirmed that Ryo won't return to Japan in 4 and I was pissed that Chai was still around, in addition to being every boss fight...

Just saw on Twitter that Magic Monaco has been officially postponed to 2023.

So yeah, Cedric was definitely being transparent when he said no Shenmue 4 plans for Magic 2022.

I just realised the Chi You Man want to resurrect Chi You, a mythological demon right?
Chi You appeared in the Persona series. What if Ryo unlocks his Persona and fights Chi You in the final battle. Now that would be mondo cool!

19 November 2021. Shenmue 3 is now 2 years old.

Sequels usually take 2-3 years to make, and I like to think that despite the pandemic, YS Net already had a bit of a headstart on Shenmue 4 (unused Shenmue 3 assets i.e. Baisha).

By this time next year, I hope we'll have an announcement.

19 November 2021. Shenmue 3 is now 2 years old.

Sequels usually take 2-3 years to make, and I like to think that despite the pandemic, YS Net already had a bit of a headstart on Shenmue 4 (unused Shenmue 3 assets i.e. Baisha).

By this time next year, I hope we'll have an announcement.
Yu Suzuki said Shenmue 4 would take 1.5x shorter to develop than 3 it can come out late 2022 the anime is most likely to premiere January 29 based on Crunchyroll and Adult Swim's timeline.

Yu Suzuki said Shenmue 4 would take 1.5x shorter to develop than 3 it can come out late 2022 the anime is most likely to premiere January 29 based on Crunchyroll and Adult Swim's timeline.
Where's this timeline you speak of?

I'm starting to feel pretty negative for some reason. It's gotta be anime, but wait and see just how excited the casuals get over the series, then a possible Shenmue IV announcement. But will casuals get excited over Shenmue IV if it looks & plays like Shenmue III? Or will they expect something more in line with the faster paced, cartoony new Shenmue? Will the series start over...again, to capture the new fan base, or play out as an anime? The mysteries never end.

I think you may be mistaken on the "1.5x faster dev time" for Shenmue IV. From memory the context of Yu's comment was that, with the changes he plans to implement in S4's design, UI etc the player will be able to progress through the story roughly 1.5x faster than in Shenmue 3.

I think you may be mistaken on the "1.5x faster dev time" for Shenmue IV. From memory the context of Yu's comment was that, with the changes he plans to implement in S4's design, UI etc the player will be able to progress through the story roughly 1.5x faster than in Shenmue 3.
Oh yeah I remember it just said it would take shorter to develop but he didn't say how long.

So I just randomly found myself wondering, what if it’s actually Ryo that’s destined to kill Ren?

It sounds ridiculous at first, I know, but what if the same thing that happens to Iwao and Sunming happens to Ryo and Ren? Maybe Sunming was possessed by the spirit of Chi You after getting his hands on the mirrors or something and Iwao was forced to kill him to save the world.

If Ryo were to kill Ren, it wouldn’t just allow him to fully understand why his father killed Sunming, but, potentially, also Lan Di. I know that it’s still up in the air as to whether hIwao even did it or not (personally I’m still leaning toward Zu blaming Iwao to manipulate Lan Di), but, if he did, I think the only way that Ryo will ever be able to come to terms with it is if Iwao didn’t really have a choice.

So I just randomly found myself wondering, what if it’s actually Ryo that’s destined to kill Ren?

It sounds ridiculous at first, I know, but what if the same thing that happens to Iwao and Sunming happens to Ryo and Ren? Maybe Sunming was possessed by the spirit of Chi You after getting his hands on the mirrors or something and Iwao was forced to kill him to save the world.

If Ryo were to kill Ren, it wouldn’t just allow him to fully understand why his father killed Sunming, but, potentially, also Lan Di. I know that it’s still up in the air as to whether hIwao even did it or not (personally I’m still leaning toward Zu blaming Iwao to manipulate Lan Di), but, if he did, I think the only way that Ryo will ever be able to come to terms with it is if Iwao didn’t really have a choice.

I think that this is possible. If Iwao really killed Sunming then i think that the reason will probably be that he had no choice, maybe he was forced to do this to save the world, something like this, this is the only way i imagine Iwao doing this because to me Iwao is a good character, not capable of murder.

Like Chengxu Feng said in Shenmue III... "I know better than anyone that he was not a man capable of murder"

Maybe this will happen or is Zu blaming Iwao to manipulate Lan Di, and i feel that Ren will learn that the real treasure are friends, i really feel that Ren will die and this will have a big impact in the plot, it will be one of the most sad and emotional moments of the series if this happen, and Ryo will really learn the lesson... "Keep friends... those you love... close to you."

Friendship is one of the themes of Shenmue so i feel that this is what will happen.

i checked out the the unreal 5 matrix tech demo and it's pretty impressive . apparently the whole open world was made by a small team.

in a interview epic said "Some way, somewhere, we’ll see a small team being able to create large-scale environments with these tools,” Platteaux said. “Unreal Engine 5 is all about empowering those people.”

so that's cool news for shenmue 4.

Back