Any word on the when the console patch (XB1 & PS4) is coming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
See, here's what I have a major issue with right now. This exact phrase in your post, "we both know". Sorry, since when do you have any sort of idea of what I know. What I think. What I feel. No we don't "both know", because you are just assuming absolutely everyone agrees with your up in arms posts. I've seen it with a few people, using the words, "us", "we", and "everyone" when complaining about this, that and the other.

The fact of the matter is no, everyone doesn't agree with you. Everyone doesn't feel these bugs are seriously detrimental to their experience playing these games, and everyone doesn't hate and shit all over Sega and d3t for what issues there are.

Whether you agree or not, like it or not, or it either satisfies or dissatisfies your opinion or not, there was a day one patch for this game on console. That is fact. It was released a day earlier. If it didn't live up to your expectations, then that's your issue. But the fact of the matter is that there was a day one patch, not a one month patch, as you described earlier.
Well said, Peter. I agree that the game isn't in nearly as bad of shape as some on this forum would have you think. You would think the game is flat out unplayable going by some comments. There are some nagging bugs still to be ironed out, sure but hyperbole and outrage are the rule on the internet.

You guys stil have it good compared to other gaming communities out there, the japanese launch in November will make sure that D3T will support this game for at least 3 more months with is enough time to fix most of the mess in both games in my opinion. Compare this to stuff like the Silent Hill HD Collection and Konami dropping the support for that game after one single patch that didn't even get released on X360. Hell, SEGA was stupid enough to release this collection before it was finished, but at least they weren't Konami levels of stupidity enough to lose the source code of the games.

You guys stil have it good compared to other gaming communities out there, the japanese launch in November will make sure that D3T will support this game for at least 3 more months with is enough time to fix most of the mess in both games in my opinion. Compare this to stuff like the Silent Hill HD Collection and Konami dropping the support for that game after one single patch that didn't even get released on X360. Hell, SEGA was stupid enough to release this collection before it was finished, but at least they weren't Konami levels of stupidity enough to lose the source code of the games.
Oof. Silent Hill HD stands as the greatest example of a company not caring about their own IP and (as entitled as it sounds) slapping their fanbase across the face. You are 100% right that we should be glad it's not one of those situations, oregano9. (At least I HOPE it's not one of those situations lol) (oh and fuck Konami. Sorry, had to)

My only assumption at this point is they plan to release v1 and v2 patches as one large update for the console versions.

I've heard there is a v3 patch in the works for PC now? Can anyone confirm?

Oof. Silent Hill HD stands as the greatest example of a company not caring about their own IP and (as entitled as it sounds) slapping their fanbase across the face. You are 100% right that we should be glad it's not one of those situations, oregano9. (At least I HOPE it's not one of those situations lol) (oh and fuck Konami. Sorry, had to)
Konami doesn't care about any of its franchises at this point. I understand they're pretty much just pumping out as much cash as they can until everything dies a slow death. I think Sega has better ambitions, but they really need to learn from their past mistakes.

Haha, sure…but we shouldn't exactly use the lowest common denominator in the entire video game industry (ie Konami) as means of comparison. I mean yeah, Sega isn’t Konami; the Shenmue portmasters > Silent Hill HD.

A broken leg > colon cancer
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Do not forget what they did with Suikoden. Getting rid of their rpg department and forcing the creator and heart of Suikoden to abandon ship.

I'm honestly interpreting "late next week" as "Tuesday of the week after that", really. Better that than be angry when it gets pushed to a more typical update day.
I also thought that Tuesday was likely but didn't expect the extra delay. Too bad, I was waiting to start Shenmue II until that patch arrived. A bigger disadvantage though is that newcomers playing on console have to wait longer to experience the series without more serious issues.

See, here's what I have a major issue with right now. This exact phrase in your post, "we both know". Sorry, since when do you have any sort of idea of what I know. What I think. What I feel. No we don't "both know", because you are just assuming absolutely everyone agrees with your up in arms posts. I've seen it with a few people, using the words, "us", "we", and "everyone" when complaining about this, that and the other.

The fact of the matter is no, everyone doesn't agree with you. Everyone doesn't feel these bugs are seriously detrimental to their experience playing these games, and everyone doesn't hate and shit all over Sega and d3t for what issues there are.

Whether you agree or not, like it or not, or it either satisfies or dissatisfies your opinion or not, there was a day one patch for this game on console. That is fact. It was released a day earlier. If it didn't live up to your expectations, then that's your issue. But the fact of the matter is that there was a day one patch, not a one month patch, as you described earlier.
I vehemently disagree with the statement “If it didn't live up to your expectations, then that's your issue”. No, it's the issue of every Shemue fan who wished to see the games treated respectfully and to their potential. Yes they received a day one patch, that is a fact, but it was a woefully under-baked one for two objectively bad ports. I've experienced things during my play-through of S1 on PS4 that I have never dealt with in 13 completed save files on my DC and S1 sounds like the best of the two parity wise!
A resolution bump, the ability to save anywhere, use the analogue stick and trophy support does not make up for it and nor should it have to. I take no pleasure in saying that but it's the truth based on my experience so far and by the sounds of it, many others.

I have not and will not lay into Sega (or d3t) because I understand why they released the games when they did, to avoid the release schedule slaughter house in the tail end of this year. However, it's come at the expense of fidelity in the re-production of two games I enjoy most of all. To the publisher and developer, we fans are the testers, acting as QC for their flawed product. By driving this litany of bug reporting directly, we are doing their job. I simply cannot fathom how a play tester played S1 start to finish and we ended up with this product.

I accept their decision to release early because I want to see the titles sell well but the state of these games is disgraceful. They've had years to finesse these titles and for what we got, they're really very poor. That's not me sticking the knife in or being overcritical out of spite, it's what many, including myself, are experiencing. I'm not undermining the technical challenges d3t faced during development, just the fact they thought this was an acceptable state in which to release these games, even if they were under pressure from Sega. Reality is, they could and should have waited to Q1 2019, if that's what it took.

Fans are entitled to strongly criticise things they care about and in this instance it's appropriate and more than justified. Frankly, i'd be shocked if they weren't expecting this level of blowback given it was their choice to release early and this communities longstanding reputation. I wanted as close to perfection as possible and got abject mediocrity. It's fine you're seemingly less disgruntled with the state of things than others, just as it's fine for others to voice their dissatisfaction as harshly and vocally as they wish with whatever pronoun they choose.

I just truly hope the Japanese LE incorporates all the fixes planned, as i'd really like complete games on disc.

Shenmue 2 sounds like an objectively bad port. Shenmue 1, I'm not so sure about. There's some wiggle room there, depending on how lucky or unlucky your got in your playthrough. PC versions sounds fine at this point.

I only take issue when some spread misinformation about the "day 1 patch," which was never promised by an official Sega employee.

Edit: Kinder phrasing.

I'm not "blatantly lying." Several people who are more important than I am said Sega told them there'd be a day 1 patch. Those people weren't blatantly lying either; they passed along information Sega gave them.

I've experienced things during my play-through of S1 on PS4 that I have never dealt with in 13 completed save files on my DC and S1 sounds like the best of the two parity wise!
I think the problem is that different people are having different experiences with the bugs. I'm about halfway through Shenmue 1 and have only experienced maybe two or three minor bugs that were in no way gamebreaking or took away from my experience. So from my point of view, things are not as grave as I've been reading. However, if I had issues like some people who have posted, I'd probably be more upset. So I can see both sides.
To be clear, it is disappointing that there are ANY bugs and I'm not giving them a pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back