Any word on the when the console patch (XB1 & PS4) is coming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is refreshing!
Late next week means thursday-friday more than monday-tuesday right?
Yeah most likely but that's fine. Sooner the better of course but at least it's coming

Yeah I'd expect Thurs or Fri. Too bad couldn't coincide with the 3rd tweetathon. D3T is in Europe so i doubt it is because of the long weekend yankee holiday here, but maybe Sega America requested it be after Tuesday anyway?

That is refreshing!
Late next week means thursday-friday more than monday-tuesday right?

I'm honestly interpreting "late next week" as "Tuesday of the week after that", really. Better that than be angry when it gets pushed to a more typical update day.

The day (twenty)one patch. ?
Stop it lol. Best comment I've seen

At least it's coming and judging by the response on pc it's a good patch. Hope it's reflected on console too.

Stop it lol. Best comment I've seen

At least it's coming and judging by the response on pc it's a good patch. Hope it's reflected on console too.

Better late than never, and a good move from SEGA to break the silence. Yes - these games were far from perfect at release, but at least d3t now seem to be addressing the problems, albeit at their own pace. At this stage, we have to give d3t the benefit of the doubt that they're going to sort these games out.

After looking over the PC patch news, seeing a number of crucial issues still remain, and seeing a week half for the next console patch if we're lucky, this is as I have feared. We are gonna be in it for the long haul boys, hopefully just a month or 2? November Japanese Release Date maybe? I think we were signed up to be qa for this with out our knowledge. i am so frustrated with this entire situation and the potential repercussions, I have no idea what to expect anymore with the series moving forward, and as a fan I feel defeated.

Last edited:
Well I think the big glaring one is the Clear Save Bug at the end of Shenmue I. I am very concerned about the music as well. It is great progress to have the cut scene floor glitch and auto bloom sorted, there is still a ways to go. Also they didnt hardly mention Shenmue II at all which has its own set of issues. Its hard to tell what game they are really talking about, or does all this apply to both games? Seems like most of this is Shenmue I related.

My major concern is the music, particularly in Shenmue II (although Shenmue I has its fair share of music problems as well). Is Sega/d3t even planning to address this? It should be at the top of their list and, frankly, it's a crime that the collection even shipped with these problems at all. Music is one of the most important aspects of the Shenmue experience and having it in the state it's currently in kind of ruins the whole thing.

It is a sad state of affairs when the Xbox port of Shenmue II being emulated on an Xbox 360 has far more accurate music to the original Dreamcast version than a brand new port running on modern hardware that it was specifically programmed for.

EDIT: Also, why is "Music and Audio" labeled as "Fixed" in the bugs thread? I don't care what the poster who reported it thinks. Anybody with ears who has played the original games knows that these issues exist on all platforms, including a base PS4. So no, disabling boost mode on a PS4 Pro absolutely does not fix it.

Last edited:
It's good to see some progress on the pc front which will trickle down to PS4/XB1 versions, hopefully no new problems crop up.
Did they fix the space harrier toy prizes and training bugs?

Though I'm still a little butthurt it took them so long to say something, I'm glad they finally did. Even if they delay it to the tuesday of the week after like billykwondo said (which I think is very possible), I won't mind much as long as they keep us in the loop.
Agreed. The radio silence that followed them using their ‘influencers’ to spread the rumor of a day one patch left something of a sour taste. These games are a mess and will require a lot of work to fix so I don’t expect Rome to be made in a day, but I do expect decent updates and communication as to when it might be nearing completion.

Happy to hear. I just beat the first game so I think I'll wait on starting up Shenmue 2 until after the patch. In the meantime, I'll try and get that cat trophy to pop so I can get the platinum for the first.

Happy to hear. I just beat the first game so I think I'll wait on starting up Shenmue 2 until after the patch. In the meantime, I'll try and get that cat trophy to pop so I can get the platinum for the first.
Probably a good idea. SO much of the music is beyond fucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back