MAGIC Monaco Press Conference - 9th March 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
It really is. I keep checking in, in case there's breaking news, a leak - whatever, but it's eerily quiet instead.

Spot on.

Also, can we take one minute to appreciate the fact that Yu Suzuki is 48 hours away from presenting the final run up to the release of Shenmue III? I keep pinching my arm. (OK, there are also moments of randomly tearing up a bit or grinning uncontrollably).

So there isn't going to be a proper live stream of the presentation?

I saw the one on Fb a few weeks ago which was filmed on a phone...

MAGIC doesn't really stream their events, outside of the Facebook Live stuff.

It is what it is. Peter tried to set something up last year with them, but it fell through on the logistics of getting a hard wired internet connection at the Grimaldi Forum, if I'm remembering rightly.

EDIT: Someone managed to do a periscope stream last year though.

They really should sort out a livestream if they want to grow as an event... especially if the Shenmue exclusive conference and trailer is really going to be as big as it's hyped to be...Hopefully the trailer is posted online as soon as it's released though.

While a livestream would be good for us, MAGIC is an event that exists because people show up to attend it. I can see why they might want to protect that over giving people one less (potentially big) reason to go.

I truly don't think we'll be waiting very long for the new trailer to appear after it premieres at MAGIC. Honestly I'm more concerned about it leaking early by accident.

Actually that is a fair point. I still think it should at least be filmed to release highlights (or full conferences) later though. I mean, that would help generate interest and publicity for future years.

Actually that is a fair point. I still think it should at least be filmed to release highlights (or full conferences) later though. I mean, that would help generate interest and publicity for future years.
Yeah. Though at least from our perspective in the Shenmue community, that's already taken care of thanks to the great people go out to places like MAGIC to cover the game.

It's crazy to think the Dojo, Team Yu, Shenmue Forever, 500K, Shenmue Master, Sega Saturno (and possibly more) have been able to access Yu Suzuki like this for basically three years now. Looking forward to seeing the interviews this year too.

I wonder if Shenmue 3 will have any sort of presence at E3 - or will this be the final public display before launch?

Aside from a handful of screenshots and a couple of short teasers over the past four years, publicity and even basic information has been all but null. I've scoured the websites, twitter accounts and Indeed postings of more than 25 game development outsource companies throughout Japan and have yet to find even the slightest information on anything related to YSNet, Shenmue, or even basic job postings for a development related to Deep Silver. Not a single thing.

Perhaps the lack of promotion related to Shenmue 3 boils down to the Japanese cultural traits of modesty and humility, always under promising and over delivering it seems.

I wonder if Shenmue 3 will have any sort of presence at E3 - or will this be the final public display before launch?

Aside from a handful of screenshots and a couple of short teasers over the past four years, publicity and even basic information has been all but null. I've scoured the websites, twitter accounts and Indeed postings of more than 25 game development outsource companies throughout Japan and have yet to find even the slightest information on anything related to YSNet, Shenmue, or even basic job postings for a development related to Deep Silver. Not a single thing.

Perhaps the lack of promotion related to Shenmue 3 boils down to the Japanese cultural traits of modesty and humility, always under promising and over delivering it seems.

As we know from the surprise E3 Shenmue III announcement nearly 4 years ago, Yu Suzuki-sama and company have a history of keeping nearly everything under wraps until its time. Tick tock...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back