MAGIC Monaco Press Conference - 9th March 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
About the "World Premiere" thing, I'm not too hyped because of this, they could show a new picture and this could be a World Premiere too. It'll be new material in exclusive for magic but this doesn't have to be a great trailer or something big, it could be anything.

The same thing goes to "an extensive trailer". At first I thought about something like 5 minutes but it seems they will show something shorter than that. Cedric has to hype up his event, it's his job after all.

For what it's worth, extensive (or "far pushed" which was the French term used I believe?) doesn't have to refer explicitly to length.

My impression now is that it might be a very broad showcase of what's actually inside Shenmue III.

I never considered extensive to imply length. I interpreted it to mean the density of content. As in it shows a good idea of what the game is by showing a variety of clips involving gameplay, story cutscenes, UI, minigames etc. That would be extensive even if it were only 2 minutes. Sure, longer would be great but I wont hope for it.

"Extensive" is an accurate translation in the sense of covering a large area of its subject. The word can also be translated by "polished" or "well crafted". In fact, Cedric's words have nothing to do with length but rather range of information or quality.

Last edited:
What if the trailer is 3 minutes and 33 seconds long? It would be the longest one yet and considered relatively "extensive" lol

Off topic, but apparently Wesley Snipes is going to be at MAGIC too.

Hopefully he's in Shenmue III to teach Ryo some motherfuckers are always trying to ice skate uphill.
You're probably joking, but if you check his Twitter history he's going to MAGIC for a film panel that takes place in the evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back