Limited Run Shenmue 3 Collectors Edition

Is this going to be different to the kickstarter backers collectors edition?
I can't see how they will have 2 collectors editions, they will just get Yu Suzuki to sign these ... Right?

250/300$ backer reward

I can't see how they will have 2 collectors editions, they will just get Yu Suzuki to sign these ... Right?

250/300$ backer reward

These will not be signed, only the Kickstarter $300 backer reward will have a signed poster or artwork.

250/300$ backer reward

The Kickstarter rewards have nothing to do with Deep Silver and Kickstarter has nothing to do
with the physical and digital goodies that Deep Silver releases.

Both are their own thing

They don't create artificial scarcity, their business model is literally about taking digital games that would not have had a physical version otherwise and publishing small numbers, because the demand is not there for more extensive physical distribution. The issue is scalpers cottoned onto it (in the early days it was pretty easy to pick up LRG games), although LRG does mostly do open preorders now for normal editions, which is a decent idea.

Got my copy! £60 isn't a bad asking price at all, especially when a lot of AAA games are pushing the £50 mark for standard editions nowadays.

They don't create artificial scarcity, their business model is literally about taking digital games that would not have had a physical version otherwise and publishing small numbers, because the demand is not there for more extensive physical distribution. The issue is scalpers cottoned onto it (in the early days it was pretty easy to pick up LRG games), although LRG does mostly do open preorders now for normal editions, which is a decent idea.

Preorders to determine market demand is a much better way to go because it ensures all who wants one can get one. When I planned on buying the special edition for Wonder Boy: Dragon's Trap from them I set my alarm to notify me of the time it was available to buy. However, the alarm went off when I was working on my yard and I didnt notice it. I realized the time for ordering had passed by an hour or two and I missed out. I was really mad! That is a big reason why I don't like their way of doing things. I am a partial kotaku but not a total one; I cant sit by my computer every waking moment of my day just to buy a physical copy.

Thanks guys! Does SimplyGames take money immediately or on release?
I paid with PayPal and the money came out immediately. But I've heard reports that you're charged on dispatch if you pay with debit card. Can't confirm this though.

Preorders to determine market demand is a much better way to go because it ensures all who wants one can get one.

That was how they did it for the physical release of Sigil, was like a two-week period. Surprised they don't do it more often.

hmmm i mean i could buy it because they are shipping to other european countries
but i guess if they will have it in stock at some point,
that means that it should pop up in other european shops?
i mean NA & UK only wouldnt make much sense. right?

Very undecided if I should order this as long as it's still possible or wait and see if there will be other language versions after all.

This looks insane, i need to have this.
What I'm wondering, the game itself seems to be the standard version packaging? So in the end the only difference between the two versions ps4/PC is the disc in this edition?
Hope it shows up on Amazon.de

Back