Limited Run Shenmue 3 Collectors Edition

Limited Run are the distributor in North America only. Hopefully we will find out who is distributing in the EU soon.
I really hope to god other stores in EU have this, I'll happily Pre-Order this from GAME or Amazon, but I'm not going to be able to race eBay scaplers to the punch with Limited Run. Pardon my frustration earlier, I just despise this company, their business model and especially when they get properties I care about.

this is a really weird situation because Deep Silver never did this before.
all of the CE of their games were released by Deep Silver and no other company or distributor
and every region got the same thing.

so i have no idea what the details of this CE are.

I love it! But if its NA only, i think my interest as out. I have lost interest in Shenmue collecting lately, and i guess i will just let this go unless there is any sort of European version (which i am leabing towards that there wont).

Must get. Any guess on the price and this can only be preordered through their site, correct? Anyone know if full payment is required when preordering, or is it paid when released?

Deep Silver retweeted this CE with the words "Shenmue 3 Collectors Edition!"
... so this could mean anything. it could be the only S3 CE worldwide, only available from Limited Run
or it just means that Limited Run is the distributor for NA and more is coming.

i really hope they have partners in other regions and not just the 5000 copies and thats it.

No PS4 version?

I think I'd shill out another few bucks for this if I can get my hands on one. Good luck, given Limited Run's quick sell out times.

1560207069390.png

The collector in me wants this....but I'm kind of getting tired of collecting Shenmue stuff at this point to be honest.
I "need" another physical copy just to spruce up actual sales of S.3, but I don't know about dropping an insane amount of money on LRG's overpriced wares. Am I being a partypooper here? Anyone else?

The only reason I ever buy from Limited Run is when they are the ONLY source for a physical copy. Running a business by purposely creating a scarcity is bad business and I really dislike them for it. So I'm not buying this most-likely-overpriced stuff.

The only reason I ever buy from Limited Run is when they are the ONLY source for a physical copy. Running a business by purposely creating a scarcity is bad business and I really dislike them for it. So I'm not buying this most-likely-overpriced stuff.

Well, I can't really blame them for creating scarcity in the sense that they're just reacting to how "digital" the market has gotten, and carving themselves an appropriate niche. (The old-school gamer in me does think it unfortunate that we've gotten to this point of games becoming less and less physically tangible though.)

Tbh, I mostly take issue with how shitty a lot of their output is.
Not every 8-bit-looking indie turd requires some sort of mega deluxe edition. Or a $35 standard release either.
(Shenmue is obviously a stellar choice, so this is a non-issue in this case. )

Back