Kickstarter Project Update #103: A message from Ys Net, Epic Games & Deep Silver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw this on twitter lol.

Hopefully Deep Silver have had the conversations needed or there's a chance it might be a while longer.

A company operating a barely functional online storefront with a multitude of very basic issues is closing for 2 weeks for a vacation.......wow. I mean even by their own roadmap they're months behind schedule.

If that isn't a huge FU to the customers invested in the EGS eco-system then I don't know what is.

If they're showing this lack of commitment to their customers now - when they're still aeons behind Steam - God help PC gaming if Tencent Timmy ever achieves his goal.

Opening a judicial procedure is NOT the same as a lawsuit. It's a single stage in the process. It may become a lawsuit, it may not.

I want you to substantiate your own argument. Is that too much to ask? That you provide an actual shred of evidence to support your claim?

And your claim that Koch Media/DS doesn't support newer games that can't run without copyright protection is, of course, nonsense.

One of Deep Silver's latest releases, Pathfinder Kingmaker, is for sale on the GOG store. As is Kingdom Come: Deliverance - which, granted, was initially published by another company but neither Koch Media nor Deep Silver removed it from the GOG store.

Every lawsuit? You haven't provided the actual details or even a link to a single one. Here's some legal advice for free. A letter with a demand for payment in settlement is not a lawsuit. It's a letter, and a speculative one at best, asking for money to AVOID a lawsuit.

Companies use these all the time because they know for every 10/100/1000 whatever a few people will be frightened into paying up.

The likelihood of them actually taking legal action is minimal due to:

a) the excessive cost relative to the damages likely to be awarded
b) the excessive burden of proof
c) the very dangerous prospect of a precedent-setting judgement against them

The only prospect of an actual trial is if the person being sued just happened to be a member of Codex or another group releasing the cracked games.

i ve sent a lot of information and links to Peter in a PM which contains websites where
you can see the actual letters of Koch Medias lawyers, forum posts from people asking for help because of these letters,
advice from other lawyers for the best defense and so on and that was just a small snippet.
i can send even more. you can clearly see that Koch Media tried to punish people for sharing
Saints Row games, Dead Island games, Metro games and other games like Stronghold.

and with that i said everything about this topic, i wont answer any other of your comments about this topic,
thanks.

i ve sent a lot of information and links to Peter in a PM which contains websites where
you can see the actual letters of Koch Medias lawyers, forum posts from people asking for help because of these letters,
advice from other lawyers for the best defense and so on and that was just a small snippet.
i can send even more. you can clearly see that Koch Media tried to punish people for sharing
Saints Row games, Dead Island games, Metro games and other games like Stronghold.

Lol.....so you sent a PM to somebody else, to detail an argument you presented to me.....okay, whatever.

Never mind sending even more, you haven't sent ME anything at all.

and with that i said everything about this topic, i wont answer any other of your comments about this topic,
thanks.

So without actually answering anything you're now going to take your ball home - wow.

The only unequivocal statement you made (that KM/DS don't sell newer games without copyright protection) was demonstrably false - so thanks for that, I guess.

How dare their employees take a break!

So for an employee to take a break you have to close the ENTIRE office?

Wow.....I guess you're new to this billion dollar corporation lark.

Here's a thing though, and I can only speak for myself, I prefer choosing my own break as opposed to my company deciding for me. But that's just me.

Work them to the bone until I am personally satisfied with their storefront that no one's forcing me to use!

Presumably, the people using it are satisified or they wouldn't be using it - the problem is that there are not enough people or Tencent Timmy wouldn't be money-hatting exclusives in the name of "competition."

i have sent it to "somebody else" because he is the administrator of this website and he asked me for it.
i'm not interested in this little cat and mouse game with some random user,
thats why i will block you from now on.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

Blocked because you got simple facts wrong and PM'd somebody else.

User recieved a warning for this post: Gatekeeping
So for an employee to take a break you have to close the ENTIRE office?

Wow.....I guess you're new to this billion dollar corporation lark.

Here's a thing though, and I can only speak for myself, I prefer choosing my own break as opposed to my company deciding for me. But that's just me.

Presumably, the people using it are satisified or they wouldn't be using it - the problem is that there are not enough people or Tencent Timmy wouldn't be money-hatting exclusives in the name of "competition."

More disinformation from another user who just signed up...

So you think that, even if YS Net fix the situation, they still deserve to be trashed online forever? Because that's the scenario I put forth.

Did you tell me to get over myself? Are you dismissing my concerns? How dare you! Video games are serious business. Take it seriously please.

And do tell, what concern of yours am I dismissing exactly? Actually, as far as I can tell you have none, other than hating on the ones who feel burnt out and those who want to be free of what they perceive is the circus they stepped into and implying somehow that means they dont love Shenmue as much and calling them haters and whiners. Cus "reasons."

Alright this is getting out of hand. The whole conversation has been going in circles since day one and people aren't being civil either. Some people aren't happy with the decision, others are fine. Whatever side of the debate you're on, you don't need to defend it. Believe what you want to believe. But I'm sick of the same arguments flaring up over and over again. If it's already been discussed, drop it.

If you guys can't stop bickering and debating the same thing over and over, then this thread will be locked as at this point it feels like everything that can be said has already been said.

More disinformation from another user who just signed up...

More stupidity from somebody who knows nothing.

I was a member of Shenmue Dojo a long, long time ago.

My ID was deleted a few years back so I signed back up again.

What's telling is you cry disinformation without specifying what. That and your whataboutery makes you a bad faith actor.

Anyways, I think I have found the perfect pizza analogy.

You pledge money as a backer towards the ultimate pizza. You assume you will be served the pizza on a plate, with a pizza cutter and knife and fork, with the option to use your hands if you wish - because that's how pizzas are usually served. I mean, it's just the industry norm, right?

Four years late, some crazy new fad is going around and the inventors of it pay money to the organisation behind the campaign to use their new style. Instead, the pizza is sliced up for you, served in a bowl, you're given chopsticks to use and are told you musn't use your hands. You need to use chopsticks to eat your pizza. It's a struggle, but you manage it fine enough and it's the best pizza you've tasted in years.

That's the analogy I'm sticking with until someone points out how dumb it is.

I've eaten Neo Kobe Pizza like that and it is bomb (not to mention the notion of pizza in soup is absurd, but BEYOND delicious).

That is mentioned in, literally, the very first comment.

I don't see any mention of reading Internet Explorer cookies there at all.

No they don't, they normally ask you to choose an alternative and most decent people choose one instead of having a whinge and demanding a refund.

If I went into a McDonald's and ordered a sweet chilli chicken wrap, and they said "we're all out of sweet chilli, here's garlic mayo instead", I'd say "what the fuck is this, I didn't order this, I hate garlic mayo, I want a refund" and they'd give me a refund.

I don't know where you go where they don't offer you a refund; I also don't know why you trivialise people's concerns as "having a whinge" all the time, when garlic mayo is just awful.

More stupidity from somebody who knows nothing.

I was a member of Shenmue Dojo a long, long time ago.

My ID was deleted a few years back so I signed back up again.

What's telling is you cry disinformation without specifying what. That and your whataboutery makes you a bad faith actor.

Please stop trying to stigmatize and smear Ys Net and Deep Silver’s partnership with Epic, when you know nothing...

If I'm following the topic for our next official update, I saw talk of an update coming soon from EGS on this. Do we know when that may be?

Please stop trying to stigmatize and smear Ys Net and Deep Silver’s partnership with Epic, when you know nothing...

Please stop lying about what I've written.

Try responding to what I've actually written for a start rather than dreaming up some fantasy comment in your head and bashing out a brainfart in response.

As for knowing nothing - clearly that's you - that's twice now, in two comments, you've deliberately misrepresented my comments.

So, not only are you a bad faith actor, you're a demonstrable liar - good for you.

Geez. This debacle is breaking the fandom into pieces. Very sad to see after all we built up. Wish update 104 would drop soon with a solution so the fanbase can regain its former glory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back