Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Don't wanna derail too much other than to say it's a good move in my opinion, and hopefully it means more fans coming our way :D

Anyway, sometimes I randomly think about how awesome the mechanical games look in Shenmue III. Like, it's a pretty darn original idea, including these ye olde arcade games. I don't think I've seen it done in any other game.

Don't wanna derail too much other than to say it's a good move in my opinion, and hopefully it means more fans coming our way :D

Nah, we'll keep it to the Yakuza thread from here on out.

But I do agree, welcome the refugees! We need all the support we can get to get to Shenmue IV!

Personally I'll give the new Yakuza a go because I've enjoyed the previous games. I'm not a fan of turn based but meh.

As previous posts have said Shenmue III can easily benefit from this and we should welcome them in with open arms. It's funny how the immediate reaction was outrage lol. What age are we living in?

As previous posts have said Shenmue III can easily benefit from this and we should welcome them in with open arms. It's funny how the immediate reaction was outrage lol. What age are we living in?

True. But when is social media ever a happy place to be? But think of the silver lining; gives them something new to be outraged about...just might take the heat off of Shenmue III for a little while now that they've got something new to be pissed about.

As much as I hate to say it, I do sometimes think gamers really can be entitled assholes.

Fanboys are really a strange crowd. They should at least try out the game before they trash it.

Yeah, I don't understand why they are getting so worked up about it. We've had 6 main games in the series, two remakes, a prequel, these new remasters of 3, 4 and 5. Come on, it's time for a major overhaul and rethink. Give it a try and if it isn't for you, move onto something else.

Yea just got back from measuring the temperature of the Yakuza fan base and it's boiling over the top atm. Personally, being turn base is not a problem, how you design/present it is the make it or break it factor for me. I'd def try it out if it reviews and demos well.

But for Shenmue's sake, I'm not gunna look a gifted horse in the mouth. :)

Some people just want the same thing over and over and over again. And with certain types of games, I kinda get it. With adventure games like Yakuza, though, I don't get it quite as much, especially when you've had literally that same thing for the past 14 years or whatever.

Remember all the doom and gloom of Classic FF7 vs ARPG FF7?

Then Square show this:

And now everybody is on board. I think Yakuza fan should wait till more content is out to be sampled before making a cut. They might like it more once they get a good feel for the change in gameplay.

i'm a Yakuza fan since the original Yakuza 5 on PS3 and i have absolutely nothing against this change.
If it is as detailed and fun as in the 2019 april fools gameplay trailer, i think it will be super unique and fresh.
We have like 8+ full retail Yakuza games now that all have the same combat system.
Let them try something new.

Didn't know that before having read Twitter but Shenmue 3 has been planned to release the same day as National Day of Monaco also called the Saint-Rainier Day. Yu Suzuki seems to owe Shibuya Production and its anonymous investors a lot despite Deep Silver & Epic entering the process. Did the prince put some money in S3 after all lol?

Back