[!!SPOILERS!!] Datamined Info - Discussion Thread (Backer Demo)

Thanks to you 24Nathan, David De Ville, Sappharad, Andreas...
Your ideas are refreshing, but I would like to remain as faithful as possible to the original document and manage to find some original artworks, it suits me very well when i can
When I can't find them, I have to fall back on similar artworks, even very detailed models, as you have seen before
i think the same way for Zixiong but i have no full body artwork of Ming-Ming, and you surprise me with Guixiang Shen, i'm not sure about the mystery "snowman" in the left, i search about the shaolin monk and i wonder where is OSY ?
The next update will be better, after cleaning all the vignettes to make place, i'll update all paths and integrate some ideas around, as you do, thanks a lot !

Thanks to you 24Nathan, David De Ville, Sappharad, Andreas...
Your ideas are refreshing, but I would like to remain as faithful as possible to the original document and manage to find some original artworks, it suits me very well when i can
When I can't find them, I have to fall back on similar artworks, even very detailed models, as you have seen before
i think the same way for Zixiong but i have no full body artwork of Ming-Ming, and you surprise me with Guixiang Shen, i'm not sure about the mystery "snowman" in the left, i search about the shaolin monk and i wonder where is OSY ?
The next update will be better, after cleaning all the vignettes to make place, i'll update all paths and integrate some ideas around, as you do, thanks a lot !
I don't think OSY will be on there. I could be wrong, but Muecas released those screenshots of that character and the temple he was in, and it was widely assumed to be deleted areas from Shenmue II on the Li River on the way to Langhuishan. Things could always change, but I just don't think we will see that character. And I apologize, but who do you mean by
"Zixiong"?

I don't know if Guizhang is correct there, but both the blurry model and concept art resemble his strongly, I think.

I'm not going to lie and say it doesn't bother me that the layout of Shenhua's house has changed. The pictures on the walls of Luoyang and the mysterious mountains where everyone disappears have been replaced, for some reason. Shenhua, along with other residents in the village now own cookers. I thought the villagers lived in a more primitive way? It's just a minor thing for me but those little details have been bugging me!

Hi, here's a preview of what the future update looks like, but i need an artwork or model concerning the fighting girl in pink, and if the character just below her is the right one or not, and finaly if somebody could translate what is writen all around this poster, please, Thanks to you !
i like so much the Espiral's models, Niao sun is very nice, can i use the full one please, if it exists ?
shenmue nico.jpg

Hi, here's a preview of what the future update looks like, but i need an artwork or model concerning the fighting girl in pink, and if the character just below her is the right one or not, and finaly if somebody could translate what is writen all around this poster, please, Thanks to you !
i like so much the Espiral's models, Niao sun is very nice, can i use the full one please, if it exists ?
Looks nice! Here is a picture of the original, released officially my Muecas way back when, translated by veteran Shenmue fan from Japan @Kiyuu.

Attachments

• charactertreetranslated.jpg
    charactertreetranslated.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 61
Thanks to you, i know of that, if you want, i can report certain traductions noted in this one, but i need the signification of the titles placed up middle left on this poster, up right, middle right and middle left on the other poster, because there aren't in this one, because, Shenmue 3 isn't covert yet, please ?

Mr. Yu Suzuki would have given a first answer to Famitsu, during the gamescom 2019.
Between 35 and 40 hours of play would be required for completing the main quest and up to 50 hours for the brave ones who opted for the highest difficulty. Conversely, those who focus solely on history "will see only 30% of the game" so it would be advisable to focus on ancillary activities to not miss anything of this long-awaited experience.

Mr. Yu Suzuki would have given a first answer to Famitsu, during the gamescom 2019.
Between 35 and 40 hours of play would be required for completing the main quest and up to 50 hours for the brave ones who opted for the highest difficulty. Conversely, those who focus solely on history "will see only 30% of the game" so it would be advisable to focus on ancillary activities to not miss anything of this long-awaited experience.

Shenmue II was around 30-35 hours, but I'm wondering how much of that can be cut short if you save scum. Save scumming in Shenmue II cuts a significant amount of play time down as you can probably beat it within 20 hours or less if you save scum.

Shenmue II was around 30-35 hours, but I'm wondering how much of that can be cut short if you save scum. Save scumming in Shenmue II cuts a significant amount of play time down as you can probably beat it within 20 hours or less if you save scum.

Not even save scumming, but disc 2 can be short cut pretty bad. Work as little as about 5 crate shifts and selling even the default no-file-transfer toys at the best priced pawn shops, you'll be fine to have $500 before Ren meeting; you sleep literally just once Wong's boat. Also can find out a ton of info in first day, then doing the right chawan's results in only 2 or 3 book service days.

There's even times where the second disc flies by and I realize i've gone too fast by accident. Even Kowloon isn't much longer if you're efficient and have plenty of a file-transerred capsules to sell.

Last edited:
Here's an update, but not with all the characters that I would have liked, i keep a certain prudence, it's not that simple to find the good one, so i continue to seek the perfect match because i'm not quite sure, but i dare to place someone, because of the ideas behind the Tale of the Mysterious Wind and the Man and the Peach Tree, and mostly because of the bad quality of the original one on the poster...If you have wise advices to help me to correct it and to go further ahead, until the release (which bring us some answers) it's OK for me, Thanks to you and have fun, 8 days left...
shenico.jpg

I'm not going to lie and say it doesn't bother me that the layout of Shenhua's house has changed. The pictures on the walls of Luoyang and the mysterious mountains where everyone disappears have been replaced, for some reason. Shenhua, along with other residents in the village now own cookers. I thought the villagers lived in a more primitive way? It's just a minor thing for me but those little details have been bugging me!
Yeah I've been a bit disappointed with the village overall. Stuff like having gachapon, lucky hit and other weird games. Even the market stalls to a degree. All for the sake of the game feeling 'fuller' and more 'game-y'. Having just finished Shenmue 2 again it made me realise more how this doesn't feel entirely like the place Shenhua described. Seeing her and Niao Sun getting redesigns doesn't really help in that regard either.

Yeah I've been a bit disappointed with the village overall. Stuff like having gachapon, lucky hit and other weird games. Even the market stalls to a degree. All for the sake of the game feeling 'fuller' and more 'game-y'. Having just finished Shenmue 2 again it made me realise more how this doesn't feel entirely like the place Shenhua described. Seeing her and Niao Sun getting redesigns doesn't really help in that regard either.
While some things may have changed, check out this thread I made summarizing what we know of Bailu just from the first two games: https://www.shenmuedojo.com/forum/index.php?threads/shenmue-ii-bailu-village-information.1850/

There are a lot of consistent facts here, like herb gathering and the pharmacy. We will have to wait until release to get the feel of the rest of the village, but it feels pretty close to what I imagined.

Back