[!!SPOILERS!!] Datamined Info - Discussion Thread (Backer Demo)

I'm returning your answer, because i was not pretending nothing to invent, i don't know why you say that negative thing ?
I'm just saying that i'll name, because, as you say, it is not officially mentionned yet, then spoiler tag, or perhaps my english level is not clear enough for you to understand. Sorry, if this is a reason for you to play with words...
I wanted to thank you, because I really enjoyed the result of your work, very inspiring to get a better idea, pending the release of this long-awaited sequel, Thanks to you !

Last edited:
btw if anyone could send me a link to the area data, Id be much obliged.

No problem, excuse me too, i'd like to ask you, please, how you find all of these things ?
i think, it's not that simple, and i 'd like to know if OSY is in the files, as in the Shenmue 2 beta Miao Village ?

If the clues are correct, then we can notice that Xiuying is connected with only one a person from the Chi You Men group.

View attachment 5109View attachment 5108

Which stands in exactly the same stance.

View attachment 5110

Perhaps Master Baihu is her brother Ziming. He has the same long hair and promised to remember the Ryo Hazuki name and meet him again.
It is confirmed that Ziming is not Baihu. However, the posture does look similar....might be a coincidence, but might also have been something that changed at some point. Guess we may find out in the future?

Also, Baihu was said on Muecas to be dressed up in the style of Peking opera performers.

Hello, Please, can you tell me, who confirmed that Zimming was not in the circle of Master Baï-Hu ?
Mr Yu Suzuki said that Zimming was not the man seen in the artwork of the 4 Chi You Men leaders, isn't it ?
I've tried to fusionne posters to test shapes in order to visualize some theory, like rearranging pieces in a puzzle game...
Can you tell me what you think about this work in progress, because, some artworks i've found are not complete...
...and please, excuse-me for my bad english
shenmue fusion enlarged.jpg

^ God, I wish I could get my hands on a high res version of that completed image!

Hello, Please, can you tell me, who confirmed that Zimming was not in the circle of Master Baï-Hu ?
Mr Yu Suzuki said that Zimming was not the man seen in the artwork of the 4 Chi You Men leaders, isn't it ?
I've tried to fusionne posters to test shapes in order to visualize some theory, like rearranging pieces in a puzzle game...
Can you tell me what you think about this work in progress, because, some artworks i've found are not complete...
Chai are also in a circle. But why did he want to work for Lan Di? Or maybe he is at the lowest level of the Chi You Men group.

latest

Chaï is as important, as Mr Yu Suzuki decided to, but it seems that he isn't in this poster, and i've never seen one of Shenmue 1 Chapter Yokosuka...
it remains to define which characters, apart from those that seem obviously part of, will be highlighted as important in the rest of the plot !?!
it looks like this poster might also cover Shenmue 4, and perhaps 5, let's be crazy about it ?
if that will be really the case, it would tend to prove that Mr Yu Suzuki has some great ideas, and that's good for everyone , don't you think so ?
Regarding a version in better definition, sorry, I did not find it, that's why I decided to achieve it manually with the meager means at my disposal, being limited a few by my hardware but mostly by lack of algorithmic and AI software, that's it, in fact...but I hope I have completed this draft update by tomorrow
Thank's to you for your support !

Yu Suzuki told me that Ziming wasn't one of the leaders back in 2014 when I first met him. But who knows, things might have changed (doubt it for some reasons).

I'm also working on this picture and you've done a good job so far. From what I see, you're missing at least 3 characters (for example: Chai, he's on the right of Baihu).

ex.png

Chaï is as important, as Mr Yu Suzuki decided to, but it seems that he isn't in this poster, and i've never seen one of Shenmue 1 Chapter Yokosuka...
it remains to define which characters, apart from those that seem obviously part of, will be highlighted as important in the rest of the plot !?!
it looks like this poster might also cover Shenmue 4, and perhaps 5, let's be crazy about it ?
if that will be really the case, it would tend to prove that Mr Yu Suzuki has some great ideas, and that's good for everyone , don't you think so ?
Regarding a version in better definition, sorry, I did not find it, that's why I decided to achieve it manually with the meager means at my disposal, being limited a few by my hardware but mostly by lack of algorithmic and AI software, that's it, in fact...but I hope I have completed this draft update by tomorrow
Thank's to you for your support !
shenmue fusion enlarged (1) (1).jpg

Last edited:
Hi and thanks to you, you're right, I was not sure about Chai, but i've no photo good enough for Niao sun, because of the dark bust and face and partial dress hiden by Lan-Di and the mystery character of the quatuor, then pixel art design...
And for the the squirrel tail like character escaped from star wars troopers, i'm not certain, i don't know of him !?!
Actually at this place, I thought that was the white beard old man at the top of the card related to the chapter 6 of the Shenmue Post Mortem and in these photos of Project Berkley, perhaps he is not a Chi you men member, a master, a grandmaster...who knows ?
Thanks to you, all of you are doing a great job !
Some secrets must be hidden as a precious thing, to prevent massive spoilers, until the time they will be unveiled...
Anyway, it goes slowly, to transform a low res file into quasi high res, via pixel art work, qui va piano va sano, OK, but it's time consuming...
Lacks of informations and artworks, such as ming ming, among others, slow down the creative way as soon as the theory begins to reach its limits, other points of view bringing a different light on vague clues would be welcome at a certain point...
white beard man.pngUntitled5.pngberkley18.jpg

Last edited:
Yu Suzuki told me that Ziming wasn't one of the leaders back in 2014 when I first met him. But who knows, things might have changed (doubt it for some reasons).

I'm also working on this picture and you've done a good job so far. From what I see, you're missing at least 3 characters (for example: Chai, he's on the right of Baihu).

Looks like you're working with a higher quality source picture...are you?

The lower left image in the corner looks like the sword handguard. Wonder who in the Chiyoumen is connected to an object Iwao had that had the Hazuki family crest on it?

Last edited:
Yes it is, his version is better than mine, by the way i've discovered the same thing like you and modified it on my last update
it is a part of the Hazuki family treasure, which would be tied to SNOW-RING, 2 STARS, 1 SWORD !

Gotta just say, I spent more time than I'd like to admit going through this entire thread. Fascinating stuff, absolutely can't wait for the game to come out. Just 2 weeks to go!

Yes it is, his version is better than mine, by the way i've discovered the same thing like you and modified it on my last update
it is a part of the Hazuki family treasure, which would be tied to SNOW-RING, 2 STARS, 1 SWORD !
Very odd especially since it is "given to the Hazuki heirs once they turn 18".

Yes, this saga becomes more fascinating, according to our progress and involvement in the story told to us
When I've discovered this, it was a surprise and I did not believe it, because for me, there should be only characters and not objects, it did not seem to make sense, but these were linked !

Last edited:
Looks like you're working with a higher quality source picture...are you?

The lower left image in the corner looks like the sword handguard. Wonder who in the Chiyoumen is connected to an object Iwao had that had the Hazuki family crest on it?

Sadly my version is the same, I've just spent hours trying to figure out how to zoom in without losing too much quality but no good result so far. If mine looks different it's because I've used Vector Magic, but then again, it's all blurry.

I wish there was some kind of magic software to zoom without losing details, but it doesn't seem like it's the case. :(

Yet when I've seen a part of the symbol of the chi you men, I was stunned, because i found it strikingly realistic compared to mine...
Here's my last version, i'm searching better artworks similar to the originals, i need, but in vain, Niao-Sun, etc...if someone have them, i'll be interested, please, Thank's to you !
shenlinks Nicoric.jpg

Back