Shenmue 3 Streetdate Broken

He’s posted some screenshot if you’re curious. I obviously want repost them.

Just to let you know it straight from the source, I posted 2 pictures from introscreen/menu, and 2 non-spoiler pics from game. That's all I'm going to 'spoil'. Dicktease of the decade? Why thank you.

I believe it was only in this one shop, not entire chain which messed up.

I just wanted to make things straight, this is probably my only post in here.

Just to let you know it straight from the source, I posted 2 pictures from introscreen/menu, and 2 non-spoiler pics from game. That's all I'm going to 'spoil'. Dicktease of the decade? Why thank you.

I believe it was only in this one shop, not entire chain which messed up.

I just wanted to make things straight, this is probably my only post in here.

Thanks for your post. I hope you see this message before you leave.

Are you playing on PS4 Pro? If so is there any options to play at higher resolution/framerate and secondly options to disable any UI elements?

Sorry for double post, I hope I can post it here since it’s nothing to do with actual game content rather concerning menus.

It’s really disappointing the same splash screen and title screen seem unchanged from the demo. Something simple and beautiful like the original games was so much more visually appealing. Small quibble, but stuff like that drives me crazy!

Thanks Topsu.

Also, sorry to Yu Suzuki, but that's an atrocious and really amateur looking title screen. We saw a clip of it in a previous update and I hoped it was just a place holder...
The menu is the least of our worries. Avoiding spoilers is now the primary concern!

Thanks Topsu.

Also, sorry to Yu Suzuki, but that's an atrocious and really amateur looking title screen. We saw a clip of it in a previous update and I hoped it was just a place holder...
yea i really dont understand how some of the small artistic details for forgotten. it just comes off lazy, could have just did the old logo screens, this make it look like a cheap budget game.

yea i really dont understand how some of the small artistic details for forgotten. it just comes off lazy, could have just did the old logo screens, this make it look like a cheap budget game.
Agreed, a loop of the intro town in the background would have been nice. Or just something similar to the original. The fonts, sizing, and ui sounds are very poor. maybe they'll patch it. probably not.

With Shenmue, its the little things and fans only want the best for it. Hardly a major gripe but its the first thing people see.

Agreed, many of us fell in love with the series due to its attention to detail. Like I said a menu in grand scheme of things is small but it’s probably product of limited budget that elements like UI and menu screen feel lacking.

it seems like people are just knit-picking for the sake of having something to say, we all know nothing is ever perfect guys. if launch day comes and youre playing the game and youre still complaining about the menu then that problem is yours, im more concerned about getting through the story and enjoying everything thats in the game, not how pretty the menu is for me to look at, as long as it functions we should be happy. ive even seen people complaining about the title screen too, like damn as long as i can hit "new game" theres no issue

it seems like people are just knit-picking for the sake of having something to say, we all know nothing is ever perfect guys. if launch day comes and youre playing the game and youre still complaining about the menu then that problem is yours, im more concerned about getting through the story and enjoying everything thats in the game, not how pretty the menu is for me to look at, as long as it functions we should be happy. ive even seen people complaining about the title screen too, like damn as long as i can hit "new game" theres no issue
Is there something wrong with criticism from those that love and adore the series and funded the project? Those of us that critisize these portions acknowledge the minute nature of it in the grand scheme of things. It is however part of the overall presentation along with being the very first thing newcomers will see and those spectating on YouTube during play throughs. We'll see how these things add up once it's released. Depsite the minor flaws I've seen, I will be enjoying the game along with you. I won't however cede valid criticisms over something just because I love it. Feedback is good and on the off chance it gets improved, all the better. This is coming from someone who believes some of Shenmue's design quirks that carried over from the originals are somewhat charming - a chintzy title screen with conflicting fonts isn't one of them and this sequel has a lot working against it in the public sphere. We want it to do well.

Back