Shenmue 3 Streetdate Broken

Yu originally wanted it to be the 'Dagger of Seven Stars', but the guy who designed and modeled it made it big like a sword and Yu just went with it. Seems like it's reverted to what Yu wanted to begin with!

so the sword now is a
Dagger, right?

yu said no magic stuff was in this game guys..
There's a few things in the game that came up that allude to magic. Mainly with Shenhua. I haven't seen anything outright magical yet but a good amount that suggests magic. Such as
when Shenhua interrogated that big guy with the long hair.

so the sword now is a
Dagger, right?
Yes

Also managed to nab a copy early from J&L games in NYC (hilariously skipping a giant line out the door for pokemon the same night). Thanks for the tip!

You guys who got it early are lucky man. I called like 10 mom and pop shops in my are and they all denied having it. None of them even bothered to tell me the games coming in the 19th. Just a "nope, we dont have it"

Yeah, that's brutal. I don't have money to purchase a early copy. I would when i could, of course. But i understand that the Publisher is upset. But it is not our fault.

Odd with this whole broken street date thing since I may not even get my copy until maybe next Friday the earliest (If they ship it out on Monday or Tuesday) since I realize that they don't ship pre-ordered copies of games until the day of release in many cases. I asked them and they said they hadn't gotten any of the pre-order copies in yet a few days ago, so yeah.

I’m guessing it’s the latter, but he was the undisputed Shenmue defense king over on the other forum. His insight and passion have been missed. .

@Van Joel Sandwich, you ever get around to playing Shenmue 3? You're another one that sort of dropped out after leading the charge 'round here and elsewhere for a while...

Last edited:
Spags needed a break. The amount of drama that was going on with Shenmue 3 did his head in. That's why its important to be civil and respectful to each other even if we disagree

I can tell you all, he loved Shenmue 3 and liked it more than Shenmue 1. I'm hoping we see him and Peter again when Shenmue 4 is announced

Spags did a real service for this community, I hope he knows that we appreciate it. Glad he loved S3 and hope he is well 🙂

Spags needed a break. The amount of drama that was going on with Shenmue 3 did his head in. That's why its important to be civil and respectful to each other even if we disagree

I can tell you all, he loved Shenmue 3 and liked it more than Shenmue 1. I'm hoping we see him and Peter again when Shenmue 4 is announced

That warms my heart :)

It will be interesting when the street date of Cyberpunk 2077 could be broken.

That’s awesome to hear he enjoyed the experience. The man definitely did his fair share to fairly discuss the series and games to folks, often who argued in bad faith. I’m pleased he derived enjoyment from the game but I would love to hear his detailed impressions frankly.

That also goes for @Peter and @LanDC. These guys backed the game are highest tier, obviously had contact with Suzuki and have been awesome ambassadors for the games for a long time. I would love to hear their thoughts as we approach 1 year anniversary of Shenmue 3 and their thoughts looking back.

Back