Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Kirk only likes to stir the pot, hes the same guy that put out a hit piece mocking another journalist having a great time interviewing Nagoshi about judgement caise Kirk's interview was so disasterous

This isnt even a shenmue thing, the guy is just an asshole and insults people for no good reason.
Maybe it’s time for publishers to blacklist his site.

Is he the guy who asked Nagoshi about Shenmue and then Nagoshi completely lost interest in talking to him? I recall an interview like that.

What kind of professional journalist tweets stuff like this and forgets 80% of the information?
Even if he didnt know by the time he made his first tweet, then why didnt he mention the UK region in his first tweet.
And then 30 minutes later he comments oh well, the embargo doesnt even matter because i do what i want.

It hurts.

5960_NotLikeThis.png

Not to be a dick, but that's even stupider and more nonsensical.

"Hi, Deep Silver here. Just to say you can't publish any reviews on Shenmue 3 until the 21st. Yeah, we know the release date is the 19th, but we don't want reviews up until the 21st. America and Europe? Oh they can publish their reviews, the 21st embargo is just for the UK? Why? No idea. We're just making this whole being a professional video games publisher thing up as we go along. Also, fuck the Queen."

"Hi, Deep Silver here. Just to say you can't publish any reviews on Shenmue 3 until the 21st. Yeah, we know the release date is the 19th, but we don't want reviews up until the 21st. America and Europe? Oh they can publish their reviews, the 21st embargo is just for the UK? Why? No idea. We're just making this whole being a professional video games publisher thing up as we go along. Also, fuck the Queen."
UK is like the most pro-Shenmue country on the planet, so it would definitely be a bit silly. At this point though, I'm wondering if even the UK embargo is false. Is he our only source on this? He says he didn't sign anything at least, so I wonder if it's possible he took a suggestion to take his time with the review as an embargo.

The important part is that he made it sound like he can speak for all journalists, regions and websites
and that there is a worldwide embargo. But the truth is that he only knows that the UK region has this embargo,
the US region doesnt have it and he has no idea about the rest of Europe.
He made it sound like we wont hear anything about Shenmue 3 reviews on launch day,
but the truth is that IGN, Gamespot and all the big US channels can release their reviews on launch day.
So all of this "oh i see, they have no faith, this game is doomed" stuff is BS. He started it.

If it’s the guy I think it is, who’s on ignore, he never admits he’s wrong about anything. He also seems to be someone of note for some reason and he’s really arrogant.

So he conjured up a bunch of fake news? Well, we know who is going to bash the game. Must be this Assface McGregor.

What a load of shit for nothing.

It’s not an embargo if it’s not signed either is it...? So I don’t get what he is trying to achieve here.
Technically a publisher can enforce an embargo without having reviewers sign anything with the threat of withholding future review codes. That said, there doesn't seem to be any hard evidence that even this soft-level of embargo exists in the UK. As far as I know, it's just him saying this, and he's already put his credibility into question.

Last edited:
It’s not an embargo if it’s not signed either is it...? So I don’t get what he is trying to achieve here.

Trying to create one final controversy to try and kill Shenmue III once and for all since it was getting so much good press as of late.

Hopefully none of the video game news channels snapped this up.

Trying to create one final controversy to try and kill Shenmue III once and for all since it was getting so much good press as of late.

Hopefully none of the video game news channels snapped this up.

It’ll spread like wildfire I’ve seen on twitter people tagging lots of gaming journalists and YouTubers in that will talk about it. Hopefully they will get the facts before they make videos though

UK is like the most pro-Shenmue country on the planet, so it would definitely be a bit silly. At this point though, I'm wondering if even the UK embargo is false. Is he our only source on this? He says he didn't sign anything at least, so I wonder if it's possible he took a suggestion to take his time with the review as an embargo.

Maybe. He does sound like a bit of a prick.

If YouTubers start picking this up and start making videos to start up drama to compensate for their pockets then DAMN Kirk McCuck really succeded.

Back