Collecting herbs. Has anyone got a trophy yet?

Ok guys, I finally got the Bailu trophy to ping. The magic number turned out to be 191, as BlueMue found from the PC debug. The subquest mushrooms are not required. Unfortunately, you need to wait for some of the herbs to spawn as I know 100% that at least one of the one's I picked up was not there initially; it spawened behind the old temple in the same spot as the one on the map that I'd already picked. For reference it took me until April 10th to get them all.

I've filled in all of them on the maps and colour coded the one's I did not find first time around and thus I believe had not spawned at that point. If you want, I'll try and scan them and upload them so that others don't have to go through the same hell.
Wow, it’s April 22nd for me in game and nothing has respawned for me... I thoroughly check each area too. I wonder though if I glitched my game, I went onto the next town but kept an old save still im Bailu so I could go back and check... I wonder if the game thinks I’ve moved on and won’t respawn anymore? Also every time I would pick a herb I would manually save the game each time after... don’t know what’s going on.

EDIT: Nevermind all that ....I just got the trophy..wow what a relief.... a Jujube respawned behind Shenhua house on the left side of the huge boulder just behind the tree...

Last edited:
I would be interested to know if the herbs respawn in random locations. If anyone uses my maps, please let us know if the herbs I marked as having spawned at a later point in time, spawn in the same locations or if you find any in locations I did not.

Can you elaborate on where this hidden area is?
Is it after you left with the boat?
I tried for ages to get out of the map there. I saw there is stuff in the grass, and even horse stance things and shit, but I can't figure out how to get there. The obvious way I see is using the stairs from the wall after you meet Niao Sun, but it's impossible to use the stairs during the multi battle there.

before going to the final room there is huge statues and stairs on the left and right just don't go up the stairs just save the game before you step foot on them then load the save you will find yourself in area with full of herbs but these herbs NOT counted toward the herbs trophies.

Also for subquests: Do you need to get all 25 again on NG+ or do the previous quests you completed count and can be skipped?

And it seems I missed a fishing spot in Niaowu. I found 11, which one did I miss?

- 2x Port
- 3x Dock
- 1x Vendor Avenue
- 3x Scenary Road
- 2x Blossom Road

you have to replay all the subquests. the missing one in the beach near the dock when you go toward Shiling shrine.

Are there any herbs that can only be found at night or after certain dates in Bailu? I've been scowering for the last three in game days...I'm still finding the odd ones here and there...but I was wondering if there are any that are only available at night or after certain dates?
no the night make finding them easier i do believe the herbs on the map only the ones needed to the trophy the rest is money resource. just try to collect them all.

Last edited:
I would be interested to know if the herbs respawn in random locations. If anyone uses my maps, please let us know if the herbs I marked as having spawned at a later point in time, spawn in the same locations or if you find any in locations I did not.
I’m going with the working theory that the game simply has a flag for 191 herbs collected rather than all herbs collected and that over enough time, enough herbs will respawn to ensure you get the trophy regardless of whether you have all herbs or not. I tried following your maps and although they helped me find one or two (thanks again!), I found a few herbs in locations other than the ones on your map. One of them was a Peony, which afaik don’t respawn.

Yes, I can confirm that herbs respawn in different locations. I found a bunch of them in areas that are not checked of on Niaxis list.

Eg. Just picked one up here:

1575073816904.png

Wow, it’s April 22nd for me in game and nothing has respawned for me... I thoroughly check each area too. I wonder though if I glitched my game, I went onto the next town but kept an old save still im Bailu so I could go back and check... I wonder if the game thinks I’ve moved on and won’t respawn anymore? Also every time I would pick a herb I would manually save the game each time after... don’t know what’s going on.

EDIT: Nevermind all that ....I just got the trophy..wow what a relief.... a Jujube respawned behind Shenhua house on the left side of the huge boulder just behind the tree...
This sounds like the exact one I was missing!

Damn, that's gonna suck for everyone once they've collected all the red and green one's from my maps. I think I was about 8 short at that point and had to spend many in game days re-checking every location. Guess a 100% guaranteed walkthrough will be impossible. I suppose the best advice would be to collect the red and green one's, then go and do everything else in Bailu and hunt for the last few just before doing the bell tower.

Today I loaded up an old save I had from bailu from my first playthrough where I was still attempting to go for the herb trophy. I couldn't find anymore, so I gave up and started NG+ in bailu and after just the first 5 licorice I picked up right where the game starts, the trophy popped. Seems I was only 5 short when I gave up and nothing seemed to respawn anymore. Now I'm very convinced it's just a timer and only the count matters.
I would highly recommend people to go for NG+ with this trophy, simply cause it makes a lot of them respawn at once again, and obviously the previous count takes over.

Well, my run is over again and I didn't manage to unlock the Niaowu herb trophy. I did find quite a bunch of them while searching high and low everywhere but it wasn't quite enough. But at least I got everything else done. So on to the NG+++ run where I'll grind fish in Bailu and then look around Niaowu one last time.

I just got the Bailu trophy now.
Just wanted to note I'm on NewGame+ and this is the morning immediately after searching for keys at Elder Ye's house.
The last one was a licorice that showed up right by Shenhuas house. I think some of these herb spawns could be related to story progression since I'm at the end of Bailu.
I also wanted to note that I never did the Elder Ye side quest on new game or new game + so that's definitely unrelated.

Since it looks more and more like there is an actual counter going on instead of really collecting "all" herbs, i was wondering, could it be, that you have to have that actual Number (191 for Bailu iirc) of herbs in your inventory? Right now i am on NG+ and have 105 herbs in total (No Niaowu herb, i didn't collect any on my original run), but i sold 78 herbs near the end of Niaowu, and i am pretty sure that i sold more than 8 herbs way before in Bailu (several high price sets actually) So right now, if combined, i really should have popped that trophy already, yet it looks like i have to collect another 86 herbs in Bailu, which seems to be impossible (I just spent several ingame days to look at every corner for herbs, but there are none)
So those who got the Bailu Herb Trophy, how many herbs where in your inventory at the time?

Since it looks more and more like there is an actual counter going on instead of really collecting "all" herbs, i was wondering, could it be, that you have to have that actual Number (191 for Bailu iirc) of herbs in your inventory? Right now i am on NG+ and have 105 herbs in total (No Niaowu herb, i didn't collect any on my original run), but i sold 78 herbs near the end of Niaowu, and i am pretty sure that i sold more than 8 herbs way before in Bailu (several high price sets actually) So right now, if combined, i really should have popped that trophy already, yet it looks like i have to collect another 86 herbs in Bailu, which seems to be impossible (I just spent several ingame days to look at every corner for herbs, but there are none)
So those who got the Bailu Herb Trophy, how many herbs where in your inventory at the time?

On a brand new game, you need to collect 191 from Bailu. You don't need then all in your invintory at the same time; I sold some to pay for Mr Sun's booze. If you are struggling, I suggest taking a look at my maps. All the red and green markers should be present at the start of a new game, leaving you needing to find 8 that spawn afrer the start of the game.

There is a side quest of finding 3 herbs to make Three Yellow Powder. I am so tired of looking for the da huang root stalk herb and cant find it anywhere. Any help please. Where can I find it?

There is a side quest of finding 3 herbs to make Three Yellow Powder. I am so tired of looking for the da huang root stalk herb and cant find it anywhere. Any help please. Where can I find it?

It's amidst the cows on the road out of Bailu towards the port (forget the name), just opposite martial hall.

It's amidst the cows on the road out of Bailu towards the port (forget the name), just opposite martial hall.
I won't be able to continue doing sidequests because is in Niaowu in a drug store the owner is asking me to find the 3 herbs oh that sucks.

I won't be able to continue doing sidequests because is in Niaowu in a drug store the owner is asking me to find the 3 herbs oh that sucks.

Oops, is this a Niaowu sidequest? Thought it was the Elder Yuh one in Bailu.

Yes is a Niaowu sidequest and I'm about to lose my mind looking for that particular herb and cant find it nowhere.

Yes is a Niaowu sidequest and I'm about to lose my mind looking for that particular herb and cant find it nowhere.

Have you gone back to the quest giver and presses square. Save beforedhand, as sometimes this ends the quest, but they might give you an idea of where to look.

Have you gone back to the quest giver and presses square. Save beforedhand, as sometimes this ends the quest, but they might give you an idea of where to look.
Yeah I went back to the quest giver and he gave me different locations where I can find the herbs but when I go to look for them I dont find the dan huang root stalk herb. Some of the herbs reappear in the game but that particular one is nowhere to be found unless I am missing something.

Yeah I went back to the quest giver and he gave me different locations where I can find the herbs but when I go to look for them I dont find the dan huang root stalk herb. Some of the herbs reappear in the game but that particular one is nowhere to be found unless I am missing something.

Is it a quest specific herb? If not you may have already picked all of them and they might not respawn. Which might prevent you from completing the quest, even on a new game+. Im in Bailu atm so cant check this for you.

Back