Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Random thought and a heads up.

If you're playing on the ps4 version and want to get rid of the crosshairs. Unpatch the game.

On the start of my second play through. I updated it to see the difference between the two.I noticed the crosshairs for the first time in FPV. which wasn't in my non updated playthrough.
I also noticed the birds flying in the distance, which I thought was so cool.

You can also turn it off in options; they call it zoom for some reason.
Haha never noticed it. I find it interesting that it was off on my first run and on with the updated version.

@Sh3ppy You can delete updates and patches through the game data options on your PS4. Just make sure you dont delete the disk install.

Should there be a spoilers version of Random S3 Thoughts? It's been difficult navigating the forums.

That said, has anyone else noticed that
the white leaf has a some black inking on it? Was this present in the other games, or am I just unobservant? I noticed it's described to lack meaning or use so far.

The forklift is nice but I really wish it had a bigger area with different routes. I had unknowingly got stuck in 1 due to a glitch and got pretty good at getting every forklift route done for like 15 days before checking if something was wrong with my game.

On PC I felt the forklift controls were really weird. Whenever I let go of the trigger buttons just slightly my forklift would nearly come to a complete halt. Maybe it was just my controller? It was hard to get around corners with the constant change in speed.

On PC I felt the forklift controls were really weird. Whenever I let go of the trigger buttons just slightly my forklift would nearly come to a complete halt. Maybe it was just my controller? It was hard to get around corners with the constant change in speed.
Believe it or not, you can take those two 90 degree turns at full-speed. But yeah, before I figured out how to do that, I had to just BARELY let off the R2 trigger on my DS4 to avoid nearly coming to a halt.

No, I had that problem on console too. I thought maybe slightly letting go made a difference but I can’t be certain. But I do know for sure it was a lot easier to sort of drift in the first game.

One thing that kept getting me was the hitbox for the crates being so big; I prefer first person view so I alwayshave the lift raised and the crates keep getting caught on tight turns.

I just started play-through number two. No matter how I feel about the game from Chobu/Niaowu on (which is still at least a 7-8/10 to me), Bailu village has something special about it. Looking forward to going for all the trophies this time. I also set it on nightmare/hardest difficulty. Has anyone here beaten it on that yet? Does it affect more than just the fights?

By the way, did we figure out the deal with the herb trophy. I’ll go check the thread now, but if anyone has any advice not given there, let me know!

Back