What are you playing?

Changed things up. Greedfall (sparingly), persona 5, and shenmue III I play persona 5 more than the other two and it is my second playthrough. I may add a game on my backlog or I may not it depends...... like judgement or a game that is sealed.

Been focusing on Medievil these past few days. Thought I could finish it quick. Then I unleashed all the lost souls. Then I realised I needed to return to certain points in levels to free said lost souls I collected. I know its all optional, but that game really knows how to keep me replaying! Aside some odd glitches here and there its been going great. Should hopefully have the game done and move onto Sekiro tomorrow.

Only completed S3 and then was going to go back to Spiderman finally and play the DLC but had forgot to download so decide to try What Remains of Edith Finch.... Wow, what a weird but great game! Loved how the story was told and some of the backstories of the family members were really sad.

Playing the marvelous SegaSonic... or trying. It's certainly the most unplayable game I ever touched. How are you supposed to configure the input in MAME? Such a shame Sega barely tried to port the game.

Playing the marvelous SegaSonic... or trying. It's certainly the most unplayable game I ever touched. How are you supposed to configure the input in MAME? Such a shame Sega barely tried to port the game.

Isn't that the game that used that bloody ball to control the characters? Ridiculously hard.

Breath Of Fire III - Dragon Quest I - Final Fantasy VIII Remastered - If I get a spare min then Exist Archive - Awaiting Mary Skelter 2 in the post.

I have bought all the Sega Ages stuff on Switch the moment they come out(Have Japanese account on Switch) - Played those occasionally in between everything else.

Unless you have a trackball or configure it to use a mouse as the movement input it'll stay unplayable, as that's what it used in the arcades. I wish it got a playable port but with that control scheme, it would have required thought as to how to replicate its movement well. Pity, I'd love to play it proper one day.

Anyway, I've been playing Sekiro this week. Loving it, managed to take out Lady Butterfly and so I feel like I'm getting the hang of the combat flow now, its super aggressive and I love that. Its certainly damn fun, I'll see how I get on against some of the later bosses!

Got the DLC for Senran Kagura Reflexions, more because it seems like Sony effectively killed the series. That and I’m awful at pinball so the other spinoff doesn’t get much play from me :p Hoping there will be some kind of successor on Switch if the mainline games can’t come to it.

For what little there is, it’s very repetitive but not bad. One of few games that actually make decent use of motion controls and HD rumble. Just wish more of my favorite characters were here.

What's the name of the pinball spin-off? I'm a big video pinball fan. Love Pinball FX/Pinball Arcade and all the retro stuff as well.

Lol so I got SK Bon Appetite on Vita a while ago and thought the music and premise was amazing. Whaled all the DLC. Not played a SK game since. I think there's a void missing in my life lol.

I believe it’s called SK Peach Ball? Think it might be digital only, at least for US.

I started the series with Estival Versus, got a few others but think there’s a lot I haven’t played yet, especially since I’ve never owned a PS handheld.

If you ever get an opportunity then get a Vita TV or PSTV. Cheap for what it is and once modded with CFW will become an amazing box of fun for you.

If you ever get one or a Vita and want help with this please do send me private message and will happily help.

Currently working on SaGa Scarlet Grace Ambitions. I'm about 25 hours in to my first character and quite enjoying it, although it's wearing on me just a bit by this point.

SaGa is such an odd series. I adore it and own nearly every release (I'm missing the Wonderswan version of Romancing SaGa, although I have the WS port of SaGa), but all the same, the games just too obtuse, experimental, and vague for me to ever truly understand, master, and, oftentimes, even beat them.

Scarlet Grace is probably the most accessible one I've played since at least the Romancing trilogy, but it's still just a little too obscure in its workings, and some of the concepts are more miss than hit. It's a quandary, though: if it was more obvious, straightforward, and traditional, would it still be a SaGa?

I suppose that would make it Octopath Traveler, which I did quite enjoy. It really felt like an attempt at making a mainstream SaGa title.

Judgment (PS4) -- Went back to cleaning up side activities. 30 of 50 side cases done. Still don't know if I'm gonna try for the Platinum though. Depends on how I feel about going for the 100% on the Kamurogo list.

Nights Into Dreams (PS3) -- Still been playing a fair bit of Nights Into Dreams lately. Still trying to nail those A ranks.

Virtua Fighter 5: Showdown (PS3) -- Tried online again; turns out there are a handful of players still playing if you wait long enough in the match making screen...got my ass handed to me (as expected) but it was nice to play human players instead of the predictable CPU for a change. I really wish they'd port this over to the PS4 or PC just to give online a new lease of life though. I'd love to play it more but yeah, it seems online is very limited to a handful of pros who are still online playing.

Persona 3 Dancing in Moonlight (PS Vita) -- Felt like going for a cheap easy Platinum trophy. Realized I still had this on my Vita and hadn't platinumed it yet. I've platinumed every other Persona rhythm game and almost every other Persona game (still got to get the Plat for P5 and P5 The Royale; close on P5 at 90% though) so I went back to this and played this for a little bit over the weekend. Will get that platinum by end of week.

Crash Bandicoot 2: Wrath of Cortex (Nintendo Switch) -- Picked up the Crash Bandicoot remastered collection on Switch over holidays. Been playing a fair bit of Crash 2 from the comfort of my bedroom in effort to escape the burning weather outside. Felt like something non taxing or something I didn't have to put too much thought into.

I beat Final Fight on the Sega CD for the 214th time, on... Thursday, I think it was (maybe Wednesday).

Since I've got all my stuff up and running, I think I'll record a playthrough of FF; maybe I can finally 1CC it on Mania?

Love having the Elgato game capture :D

I finished yesterday God of War (PS4) and it is a good game but a little meh for me. Nordic myths are under used and the Axe combat didn't felt as a good as the old ones. Not bad at all, but I don't get why it was GOTY everywhere.

Also continued Bloodstained on Switch, not bad but you can tell that it is not Castlevania. Also even when they use my favourite Iga system (souls/shards) I am 50% into the game and I almost go with the same equipement

VF5FS:
Don't know why I'm playing this game but I think that's partly because of you danielmann861. I already had a strong desire just before Shenmue III but I didn't want to be spoiled by the sick quality of VF5 over Shenmue 3 free battle. Your last vid on VF2 just ignite my curiosity about the legendary depth of VF that I never had the time or patience to explore fairly in VF5 vanilla or older.

After some time spent to stress pretty all the characters in Dojo, Arcade and Licence, yeah I can confirm that the game is incredible, not only as a fighting game, but a game as a whole..

I view VF as some kind of puzzle/strategy game where each semi-second, a new set of choices is offering and you have to select the wiser or risky one according your situation and your opponent's style.

The gameplay mixes insane level of reacting skills and mind decision with no time out. This is arguably the most stimulating game I ever played with Supcom FA since RTS and VS fightings are sharing pretty much the same fundamentals in terms of brain intensity.

Pai is my traditional main as her style fit the "low-mid-high" system in an amazing realistic tone but I decided to focus on Sarah since I watched this match featuring Yu Suzuki against Harada (legendary producer of Tekken):

Sarah is probably the character with the most interesting evolution from VF4. Very classy and unique style she's got!

Nights Into Dreams (PS3) -- Still been playing a fair bit of Nights Into Dreams lately. Still trying to nail those A ranks.

I adore NiGHTS. It's one of the few games I hold in regard anywhere close to Shenmue, despite being a completely different type of game.

I'm still waiting for that "perfect" version that has those few elusive bits from Christmas NiGHTS that they never bother to port...

Love having the Elgato game capture :D

One of the best purchases I ever made! I don't stream all that often, but I quite like being able to play console games "on PC" so I can nab screenshots, videos, and still be able to jump around to Facebook, Scrivener, and beyond.

completed star wars jedi fallen order on ps4. pretty good maybe a 8/10. i think the story was as better than the new sequel trilogy lol.

gonna boot up the old xbox 360 to play witcher 2 for the first time.

Contemplating restarting my no armor/clothing run through Breath of the Wild pretty soon. I only ever got through the Rito dungeon and then stopped as I thought about how to do the rest or just to go to Hyrule Castle, and then got caught up in other games.

Also might get back to Fitness Boxing...if I delete my file. Don’t know if they’ll chastise me for not playing for so long. :p

I'm running through a few Saturn games, right now; beat Gale Racer on my very first try and Sega Rally on my second :D.

I REALLY like Gale Racer; it's rough and far from perfect (a 7/10 or so), but a ton of fun, lots of character and I want that car.

Sega Rally plays SO well; I really wish the game was more expansive, but it's also a ton of fun; 9/10 or so is what I'd give it.

Back