What are you playing?

I will say that from a gameplay POV, one of if not the most mentioned issue with SD, was that the tracks are indeed too long.

I like long races though (Presidio is my favourite course in Rush 2049, for example, where my average laptime is always just under 2 minutes), so I'm a bit biased in that regard.

But it's a VERY fun game and it can get really difficult on the upper levels, with all the track variation and difficult enemies.

My video of 1 hour (and a bit!) of gameplay is actually my most-watched video on YT (only did it for a school project then continued doing it for fun. Going to pick up capturing again very soon, as I found my elgato):

I'm not a super-hardcore soccer/footy fan (my favourite game is FIFA '95 lol), but I found a lot of fun with 90 Minutes.

I suck at it, but great presentation and enjoyable with multiplayer.

Saturn:
Battle Arena Toshinden Remix: Terrible conversion but it has a nice CGI intro and a story mode. The dub is amazingly cheesy (more than Shenmue).
I legitimately adore the Saturn version of BAT despite it's myriad flaws, and was so disappointed that URA lacked a story mode like the first. Remix was one of the first Saturn games I bought, and at one point I could quote Duke's story almost verbatim! I still like to listen to the soundtrack now and then.

(I bought Christmas NiGHTS before I ever had a Saturn when Blockbuster had a bunch of the discs for $1.99 each. Later, after I finally convinced the Funcoland clerk that I did indeed want to trade my N64 for a Saturn, I nabbed BAT Remix, SFA 2, Daytona USA, and VF 2 with my console!)

FInally began Silent Hill 2 for XBOX. Despite some continuing sound syncing issues, I've streamed the first two hours live on my twitch channel and uploaded to youtube. Streaming is addictive and the game is great, too. Despite the bad audio, it is still OK and plenty dark and moody to compensate for delay. Troubleshooting on the fly...

I restarted Yakuza 1 on PS2. I've been long wanting to replay through the entire series so I figured it was time now that I finished my second run of Shenmue 3.

This is probably going to keep me busy through the whole year.

Just finished A Plagues Tale on PC via gamer pass.

Not a bad game, the ending was a little meh but overall enjoyable.

I'm a little game-aimless at the moment. I'm waiting for PSO 2's full release (preferably on PC; might start on Xbox One though) and Animal Crossing. In the meantime I'm just poking at Kingdoms of Amalur. Great game, just wish THQ Nordic would work out a deal with EA to re-release/remaster it, because it takes little bit of effort to get it working "right" in 2020.

I just put in about 3 hours to Virtua Racing last week (after about 5 previous hours in my life), beat Bonanza Brothers on the SMS (not as good as the Genesis version, but a VERY good game, easily a 7-8/10) and sunk in a combined 3 hours on Super Monaco GP (great racing game and not too difficult), Fastest 1 (I fear this game does not have a brake button, which if so, makes the game virtually unplayable, despite the HILARIOUS F1 misspellings and changes to not trod on any licenses :LOL:) and Vectorman 2.

I don't know why 2 was slated while 1 was praised (yes, I do agree it is more of an update than a full-blown sequel), because 2 is an awesome game. But I feel it's much more difficult than 1 (though, I've played a shit-ton of Vectorman in my life, compared to this being my first time playing 2) and the soundtrack is DEFINITELY not as good. Otherwise, much of the same; levels repeat, but there are more of them, so it's a wash.

Hope to beat it in the coming days, before Ryu ga Gotoku comes in! :D

Started Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot. I’ve got to say...it seems pretty odd so far. Granted, I have not played too many others, though even then it seems a bit of an outlier.

Budokai back on the GameCube was alright, as well as what I’ve tried of FighterZ. I had to use a guide to finish the first Legacy of Goku, but I remember thinking the sequel was such a huge step up that I pretty much got absolutely everything in the game. Waited for a third because the Buu saga was my favorite, and never realized they just made a different GBA game, though I never confirmed whether this was at all similar.

So this new game seems to be a bit of a mix; all the flashy action with big open areas, but it remains to be seen how well either side holds up or even if the presentation holds up, what with being super condensed. As far as anime adaptations in general go, I thought the Berserk Musou was alright for just straight ripping scenes from the movies, but it’s hard to say whether this game will be as successful.

So far I’m only about to face Radditz, so I guess I’ll see.

I don't know why 2 was slated while 1 was praised (yes, I do agree it is more of an update than a full-blown sequel), because 2 is an awesome game. But I feel it's much more difficult than 1 (though, I've played a shit-ton of Vectorman in my life, compared to this being my first time playing 2) and the soundtrack is DEFINITELY not as good. Otherwise, much of the same; levels repeat, but there are more of them, so it's a wash.
I really need to give the Vectorman games a more serious go sometime. I was a Nintendo kid (if only because I had to buy all of my games myself; I couldn't afford a second current system), and at the time couldn't help but feel like Vectorman was Sega's attempt at aping Donkey Kong Country's style. I've briefly played it since, but never really given it a fair shot!

The first Vectorman title is a true classic; a wonderful game with style, substance, personality and FRESH/varied gameplay, it is fantastic.

That being said, it still could've been better, but not by much.

Don't forget; Blue Sky Software developed the game; I wouldn't be surprised that if the game was done in-house by one of the AM teams, that it would've been EVEN better.

The original Vectorman is great, and I chalk it up to all of the parts fitting together organically (I spent so much time with that title screen mini game).

To my mind, 2 remains a great sequel because it builds off of the original concepts, but I think it comes short in assembling them in that same charming way. The transformations don't always feel natural, if that makes sense (e.g., cool scorpion sprites, but clunky controls; so too, neat paintball effects, but that's merely a graphical charm). Moreover, I think the spike in difficulty for 2 is spot on except for the final boss. As a kid, that damned queen could tick me off as much as View Point.

If nothing else, though, that series is two for two in knocking it out of the park with final boss themes. They're intense, otherwise catchy, and well-suited for their locations (madness in a tornado; an infiltration of a lair as unnerving as the Yellow Head Bldg).
They both remind me of Jesper Kyd's work on the Genesis version of The Adventures of Batman and Robin, which may or may not be my favorite soundtrack on the console ;)

(Edit: Oh, and like a little normie bitch, I'm playing Monopoly Plus. Wild life, mine.)

Last edited:
I'm in a lull between games as I wait for Animal Crossing and PSO 2 to launch (the Xbox Closed Beta was such a tease!)... maybe I'll fire up Vectorman and give it a more serious go! One thing I can definitely give it before even firing it up again: the music from the first stage has stuck in my head for, well, more than a couple of decades at this point!

Back on Fire Emblem Three Houses. Chapter 4 of the DLC on Hard is wrecking me. I just can't do it but I don't wanna switch to normal like some pleb. Shit.

Just finished Postal 2 again the other day(haven't played since 2003), and just finished Postal 2 Paradise Lost about 20 minutes ago.

I had to start a NG+ on Spider-Man to get the costume achievement since I spent the Taskmasters tokens on gadgets, I hope I can finish it soon and move back to Jugdment, maybe...

Ryu Ga Gotoku 7 -- 95 hours later and I'm at the final chapter. Love it!

Call of Duty Mobile -- I bought a Controller Clip for my iPhone recently. Wanted to try it out with Remote Play on the PS4 and Steam. Hooked up an older Dual Shock 4 that I wasn't using and have been playing a lot of COD Mobile on route to work. This is kind of awesome. It feels like COD through and through and works in short travels. Also, finally having a controller for the phone actually makes me want to venture more into mobile games now.

Still debating whether to try and jailbreak and put Retroarch on the phone (I kinda wish I went Android instead of Apple...Android is so much easier for emulation)...but Call of Duty Mobile is surprisingly good none the less. It feels like COD. Looks like COD and plays like COD....good shit. I am genuinely pretty damn impressed by this mobile game. This is the COD game that the damn Vita should have got. It's the first mobile game that gave me pause and made me think "this is pretty close to PS3/early PS4 graphics....on a bloody phone!"

Dreams -- I took a quick look at Dreams. Haven't had the time to really deep dive into it yet (once Ryu Ga Gotoku 7 is done then I will dig deeper into Dreams), but what I did see of some of the creations already online impressed me. That Dead Space clone is super impressive. Shoudn't have expected any less from Media Molecule.

Tekken 7 -- Yes, I'm still playing online. It's my go to game when I need a break from Ryu Ga Gotoku 7. Still love/hate it.

Once I'm done with Ryu Ga Gotoku 7, I plan to go back to Shenmue III and do that Story DLC. Also might try to sneak in Final Fantasy VII before the remake comes out...although I think that might be one for daily commutes to work on the Switch more so than the PS4 version.

Just when I thought I had enough gaming on the plate, CD Project Red went and announced Cross Save for that Switch version of The Witcher III...for years, I've been trying to get into The Witcher III to the point where I have bought it on both PS4 and PC. I started the PC version last year but never got back to it...I flirted with buying it for Switch last year thinking if there was anywhere I would play it, it would be on daily train commutes, but didn't for lack of Cross Save....now that problem has been rectified and I am seriously flirting with buying the Switch version. I feel like now is the time....especially if I can cross save between PC and Switch.

Man, March and April are gonna be nuts.

Persona 5 Scramble (waiting for my Japanese copy to arrive). Doom Eternal, Persona 5 Royale (that's a good 100hrs easily), Resident Evil 3 and Final Fantasy VII Remake all within the span of three weeks of one another...thank crap Ryu Ga Gotoku 7 came out in January and no later. It made for a good deep dive while nothing major is out. Thank crap Cyberpunk got delayed as well. Too much to play and not enough time to play it all.

Last edited:
Back