Recent content by Niowiad

1. Niowiad

Shenmue 3 FREE on Epic Game Store 16/12/21 - 17/12/21

I have mixed feelings about this o_O
  2. Niowiad

Shenmue 3 Demake

For some reason I always thought the dreamcast bailu village material was from the canceled S3, rather than cut content from S2. Jeez, how big was S2 supposed to be?
  3. Niowiad

Rate the Shenmue trilogy

Shenmue I: 8.5 Shenmue II: 9.5 Shenmue III: 7.0 Regardless of the game quality, too much time has passed between II and III. I can't seem to enjoy videogames nearly as much as I did in my teenage years. Especially when it comes to "open-world" kind of games. ;)
  4. Niowiad

Shenmue Official Dreamcast Trailer Restored

Originally from "F355 Challenge", which is another game directed by Yu Suzuki :love: And it was quite astonishing at the time.
  5. Niowiad

Shenhua's house in S2 vs S3: a pictorial comparison

That's beautiful. I agree I'd sure like to see more of this stuff on other locations in the 3 games.
  6. Niowiad

SHENMUE MANIA ANNOUNCED!! (New Shenmue Game From SEGA) - APRIL FOOLS 2021

Saw this yesterday, and although I instantly thought Apri Fool's (as I was already getting bombarded), I can honestly say the music had me second-guessing the whole thing for a second , like... Great job :eek:
  7. Niowiad

SEGA Survey March 2021

Same here, I was ready for the 23 questions as in the screencap :cautious:
  8. Niowiad

Shenmue Character Comparison

Absolutely. I've been in love since they showed the final version :eek:
  9. Niowiad

What level should my Kung Fu be at before heading to the last area?

I also played/finished the game at "hard", the battles were not so difficult but the QTEs were almost impossible. I don't even want to think what it'd be like to catch the chickens at "nightmare" difficulty. I'd throw myself out of the window.
  10. Niowiad

Thoughts on the phone calls?

I really really enjoyed all of them, especially: -- Joy acting super offended -- Guizhang finding out Lishao Tao is a (beautuful) woman About the voice actors I have no idea, I played the first two games in English, and S3 in Japanese with subtitles.
  11. Niowiad

Ryo's green bag

I might be wrong but as far as I can remember, he tends to only carry it as long as he doesn't have any "safe" place to leave it during the day. In S3 with Shenhua's house and Niaowu hotel, he has that covered pretty much all the time. The games tend to manage that pretty coherently, although...
  12. Niowiad

How long was your first playthrough?

It says "61 hours" (I actually thought it was more around 50). But I don't really tend to go for multiple plays, in the vast majority of cases.
  13. Niowiad

Does Yu Suzuki not like carrots?

🥕🥕🥕 That part of the game triggered the **** out of me 🥕🥕🥕
  14. Niowiad

Where is the mirror?

Lan Di right now.
  15. Niowiad

Random Shenmue III Thoughts

I had the black screen in Bailu Village. Only happened to me once in 50+ hours of gameplay. Could have been worse.
Back